• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 NFL Playoffs - Out with the Old, in with the New

Texas Pride

Banned
Don't be salty. You have a top 5 Def. Need more pieces on offense but it's a process. Sometimes you gotta lose in order to learn.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Don't be salty. You have a top 5 Def. Need more pieces on offense but it's a process. Sometimes you gotta lose in order to learn.
They always lose.
They never learn.

:messenger_winking:

greyshark

Holy shit at that sequence - another defensive stand, long run by Henry, then a JUMP PASS from Henry to make it 21-6.

Didn't really see this coming, not gonna lie.

Looks like maybe Jackson got cocky.. And their lack of weapons is showing. Surprised the defense is doing so bad though too.

Dthomp

Well I was bummed, but not surprised by the Vikings shitting the bed, but I am happy to see Tennessee rolling. I'm a Titans fan the rest of the way, love the underdogs, and love this style of play

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Didn't really see this coming, not gonna lie.

Looks like maybe Jackson got cocky.. And their lack of weapons is showing. Surprised the defense is doing so bad though too.
Jackson was forced to actually pass. He can't do that unless everyone is just playing the run and leaving his guys wide open

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Well I was bummed, but not surprised by the Vikings shitting the bed, but I am happy to see Tennessee rolling. I'm a Titans fan the rest of the way, love the underdogs, and love this style of play
I like the Titans but would love to see the Chiefs or Texans finally give their city something. I guess Tennessee hasn't won anything recently either but the Chiefs have had so many chokes over the years I feel sorry for their fans.

Dthomp

I like the Titans but would love to see the Chiefs or Texans finally give their city something. I guess Tennessee hasn't won anything recently either but the Chiefs have had so many chokes over the years I feel sorry for their fans.

Can respect that, if not Tennessee I'd be rooting for the Texans I think. Watson seems like a good dude, really I just like to see underdogs and teams who don't make it deep to break through. Only teams I legit don't want to see make it to the SB are the Packers and the Seahawks.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Can respect that, if not Tennessee I'd be rooting for the Texans I think. Watson seems like a good dude, really I just like to see underdogs and teams who don't make it deep to break through. Only teams I legit don't want to see make it to the SB are the Packers and the Seahawks.
I'm a Steelers fan so other than hoping the 49ers don't tie them in Superbowl wins I like underdogs and teams that haven't won in awhile

Last edited:

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
The only way I'd get something out of the Seahawks winning is if marshawn lynch scored the game winner in the Superbowl

womfalcs3

Banned
Lamar is gonna finish with 59 passing attempts for 365 yards and 20 rushing attempts for 143 yards. 79 of the plays called for Lamar. 1-dimensional teams can't win in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Looking forward to tomorrows games.

I have a feeling the Texans are going to take care of the Chiefs.

As for Seatlle/GB - I think it's going to be one of those games that comes down to who has the last possesion

Lamar is gonna finish with 59 passing attempts for 365 yards and 20 rushing attempts for 143 yards. 79 of the plays called for Lamar. 1-dimensional teams can't win in the playoffs.

Yeah too much stress on one guy. The first interception was kind of a bad pass, the second one was a downright terrible throw, but the fumble was the killer. You can't do that, don't escape the pressure and remain in place like the guy that almost got to you somehow vanished from existence.

Some UGLY spirals by Lamar though, real amateur hour. I'm trying my best to say that running QBs will never win dick in this league, but I think this game was a gameplan problem more than anything.

Pallas

Derrick Henry is playing at such a ridiculous level right now and Tannehill is playing smart. I’m happy the Titans won(they are my home team) but I honestly believe the Ravens would win this, so glad I was wrong. It’s incredible that they not only took Brady out but also Jackson, the assumed regular season league mvp who was having a historic season.

I don’t want to jinx myself but I really think if they keep this up they can themselves in the Super Bowl.

Speaking of, the other divisional playoff game I got the Chiefs winning but I hope the Texans win so that we can get a AFCS showdown between two rivals for the AFC crown.

Brady isn't retiring but I don't see him back with the Patriots. I think after 20 years they move on. They had the oldest roster in the league so it's time.

I think he may end up with the chargers if Rivers leave. I don’t see Dallas getting rid of Da

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Knowing the 49ers won makes today basically feel like our Super Bowl. I just don’t see a way the Packers can beat them. We are setup a lot like the Vikings, and the 9ers just destroyed them yesterday just like they did is a few months ago.

it reminds me when the Packers went on to face the falcons in the Conference game... buzz saw.

Last edited:
Knowing the 49ers won makes today basically feel like our Super Bowl. I just don’t see a way the Packers can beat them. We are setup a lot like the Vikings, and the 9ers just destroyed them yesterday just like they did is a few months ago.

it reminds me when the Packers went on to face the falcons in the Conference game... buzz saw.
As a 9ers fan, I am hoping for a GB win today. With the 9ers defense healthy again, they effectively dismantle pocket passers. They're able to get consistent big time pressure without having to blitz - that d line is absolutely ridiculous. I think they would give Rodgers a real tough time again

Last edited:

thequestion

Titans look like the team to beat, right now. Let’s see how the Chiefs look, today.

Andy Reid’s teams are known to choke, so either today, or they’ll lose to the titans next week.

Vade

Hill got the same decking that he gave (allegedly) to his son.

Also some of these ‘drops’ are just shit passes from Maholmes .

Last edited:

Texas Pride

Banned
Derrick Henry is playing at such a ridiculous level right now and Tannehill is playing smart. I’m happy the Titans won(they are my home team) but I honestly believe the Ravens would win this, so glad I was wrong. It’s incredible that they not only took Brady out but also Jackson, the assumed regular season league mvp who was having a historic season.

I don’t want to jinx myself but I really think if they keep this up they can themselves in the Super Bowl.

Speaking of, the other divisional playoff game I got the Chiefs winning but I hope the Texans win so that we can get a AFCS showdown between two rivals for the AFC crown.

I think he may end up with the chargers if Rivers leave. I don’t see Dallas getting rid of Da

Dallas,Chargers,Saints are all options for Brady imo. Brees isn't under contract either. How cool would it be to see Brees in New England and Brady in New Orleans? Longshot but possible.

Last edited:

Handel

Hill got the same decking that he gave (allegedly) to his son.

Also some of these ‘drops’ are just shit passes from Maholmes .
Even with a few off passes, they should be able to haul them in. It's not excuse for this number of drops.

Handel

Well that was quick. Offense finally starting to get in sync. Going to need the defense to at least get some quick stops, if not at least one turnover the make this comeback possible.

Handel

Chiefs have the offense to catch up if their defense gets any stops.

Right now, Niners look like the best team of who's left.
They look to have the best balance. Chief's offense with Mahomes is unreal though, when not having a major case of the dropsies it's like Madden out there.

Mista

Banned
Texans are mad! Their determination is unreal

Don’t give a damn about Mahomes. I want Texans to win!

Holy fuck Bill O'Brien is an absolute MORON, that fake punt call was quite possibly the single most idiotic call I remember in my life to the point I have to question if he's trying to throw the game.

Handel

Kelce didn't play at all that drive it seemed and they got that TD with ease, Mahomes is a killer with those runs.

demigod

I knew the chiefs would come back that’s why I didn’t write them off so quick like i did with the ravens yesterday.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
This game was some anime bullshit.

"yes well done texans, well done....HOWEVER"

fZKJY3N.jpg

Top Bottom