• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 NFL Playoffs - Out with the Old, in with the New

greyshark

HzFBWph.jpg

The playoffs are here! It's been a great season so far, and when we look back on 2019 it might be looked at as a season with a changing of the guard. We have a new generation of QB's which have greatly impacted the league - led by Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, and Deshaun Watson. On the other side we have the generation that dominated the last decade plus in Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Russell Wilson. Will Brady and Rodgers remind us yet again why they've been so good for so long? Or has the league finally caught up to their dominance? Can any of these teams solve Lamar Jackson?

My playoff predictions:

NFC Champion: New Orleans Saints
AFC Champion: Baltimore Ravens
Super Bowl Champion: New Orleans Saints

Can't wait to see my guess immediately blow up this Sunday. NFL-GAF, who do you think will win it all this year? Who are you rooting for?

manfestival

At least my boy Jameis came out with legendary status pulling the 30 for 30. Yall may have the playoffs but we have history.

thequestion

Wild card weekend winners:

Bills
Pats
Eagles
Saints

All these wild card games could be extremely close, and these games could actually be the most exciting of the entire playoffs.

AFC Champion: Ravens
NFC Champion: 49ers

Super Bowl Champion: Ravens

Ravens have so many weapons at there disposal, I think it would be a huge upset, if they don’t win.

Last edited:
Really wouldn’t shock me if Titans won. Do I think they’re a good team? Not really, but they’re dangerous enough to upset the anemic Patriots. Brady looks awful the second half of this season. Legit awful. They don’t have a difference maker who can do up and just beast someone like Gronk used to.

I could see both AFC Wild Card teams winning, I like Houston but I think Bill O’Brien sucks. I think he’s a shitty head coach.

NFC is stacked this year. Ravens are clearly the best team in football this year but the next four best teams are all in the NFC.

Niners or Saints in the NFC

Chiefs at Ravens would be an amazing rematch, this time for the AFC title.

Last edited:

Clockwork5

KC @ Baltimore is going to be a gem to watch. I really think of all of the match ups throughout the playoffs this duel will be the most interesting. I am a KC fan but I think top to bottom the Ravens probably have a better team but they have not been able to figure out the Mahomes led Chiefs.

i think the Ravens should win but I think my Chiefs have a good chance to make it to the SB this year!

Go Chiefs!

greyshark

Wild Card predictions:

Patriots over Titans - Tennessee is a good story, but the Patriots will take away Henry, and I just don't see Tannehill beating New England.
Texans over Bills - This is a close one - I really like the Bills defense, but I'll take Houston at home.

Saints over Vikings - The Saints look good, and Dalvin Cook may not be at full strength. I think the Saints jump out to an early lead and hang on in the end.
Seahawks over Eagles - Seattle has looked terrible over the past month, but they have a higher ceiling than the Eagles who deserve every bit of their 9-7 record. I'll take the Seahawks in a minor upset.

demigod

My predictions:

Saints will be redeemed, Superbowl Champs.

Wildcard Winners:

Seahawks
Saints
Texans
Titans

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The NFL needs the Belichick and Brady dynasty, the Jordan dynasty died and it took years for the Kobe and Shaq Lakers to form, secondly I love the fact that the Patriots basically have the easiest path forward to the Super Bowl.

demigod

What a game. Glad they made the FG, I don’t like it when kickers kick from the side and not straight on.

Texas Pride

Banned
This is a fucking stupid comment. He gets a ton of respect. He doesn’t get a lot of coverage because his teams have been ass.

Nah it's the fucking truth. Madden for example rated him at a 79 overall to start the year. So don't give me that BS. He's not mentioned with the Zeke's and Gurley's of the league often bcs he plays in Tennessee sure but he's underrated and has been awhile.

Last edited:

Handel

The Titans have defeated the evil, and in humiliating fashion with Vabrel using Bill's own tricks against him with the delay of game fuckery then to cap it off a pick six of Brady to end the game. Just beautiful. Now all that's left for a perfect wildcard weekend is the Vikings upsetting the Saints, and the Eagles going down.

demigod

My guess was Ron Rivera or Mike McCarthy would be Cowboys HC. Well Rivera is out, looks like it might be McCarthy.

I don’t see Brady playing for the Pats next year.

The Titans have defeated the evil, and in humiliating fashion with Vabrel using Bill's own tricks against him with the delay of game fuckery then to cap it off a pick six of Brady to end the game. Just beautiful. Now all that's left for a perfect wildcard weekend is the Vikings upsetting the Saints, and the Eagles going down.

After last weeks game against the 49ers I fully expect the Seahawks to somehow be in a position to easily win but dramatically lose in the final 30 seconds of the game. Atypical to Seahawks tradition.

Texas Pride

Banned
I could see a situation where Brady and the Pats OC McDaniels both end up in Dallas next year. I think Jerry Jones is that desperate and he really doesn't want to pay Dak 30 million a year.

Handel

I could see a situation where Brady and the Pats OC McDaniels both end up in Dallas next year. I think Jerry Jones is that desperate and he really doesn't want to pay Dak 30 million a year.
Brady is too smart to go to any of the trash organizations.

Texas Pride

Banned
Brady isn't retiring but I don't see him back with the Patriots. I think after 20 years they move on. They had the oldest roster in the league so it's time.

Handel

Refs are too biased in favor of Saints, already screwed two Vikings drives with bs penalties/no calls. Refs are the true reason it's so hard to beat the Saints in that building.

My guess was Ron Rivera or Mike McCarthy would be Cowboys HC. Well Rivera is out, looks like it might be McCarthy.

I don’t see Brady playing for the Pats next year.

It won't matter, I expect the Cowboys to get worse. The core of their offensive line hits 30 next season. Zack Martin and Tyron Smith both turn 30, Frederick will be 29.

An aging offensive line plus a low mobility QB is a bad combination.

Pagusas

Elden Member
If McCarthy ends up as the Cowboys HC, expect player injuries to sky rocket. It’s no coincidence we had the most injured team nearly every year of his rein, and the first year with a new HC we are suddenly the healthiest team. He’s horrible about managing his players health and practice schedules.

Texas Pride

Banned
Saints missed FG and Brees fumble did them in. They had their chances and blew it. Congrats to the Vikings but like my Titans winning 3 road games to make a Super Bowl is the hardest path to take. Lil bit of luck is needed to make that happen.

Hinedorf

Banned
I would actually like to see Josh McCown take the Eagles all the way to the Superbowl and win it with Carson injured. They put a statue of Josh next to Nick then cut him to play Carson next season.

Is there any better way for Philly fans to love and hate themselves at the same time?

Top Bottom