• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(1up) Madden 360 not as impressive as "target render" (aka MrBob goes to Hollywood)

http://www.gametab.com/news/361829/http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143540

Madden NFL 360 Footage
New video not as impressive as EA's 'target render.'
by Patrick Klepek, 09/08/2005

We were all taken aback when Electronic Arts originally showed off their "target render" clip of Madden NFL 2006 for Xbox 360 earlier this year. In fact, EA went as far as to claim the actual game would look superior to the renders. According to some all-new game footage that's been released, however, that's not exactly shaping up to be the case.

Unfortunately for EA, Response to the video has been overwhelmingly negative so far. "Madden 360 looks like the best next gen game out there when you just look at the screenshots," says Gaming Age Forum user 'MrBob,' "But when you see it move and it looks exactly like the ps2 version in motion it makes you go :("

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol @ Mr.Bob

Blimblim

The Inside Track
And there I was wondering why there were more than 200 users on xboxyde :)
Just in time for putting online the new file mirror (2 gbits link) !

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Mr. Bob is a loser
DenisDuckFat, 09/08/2005

Football sims never looks good. EA game always suck. EA underdelivers. Like always. Sentence fragments. Own your mother.
"
:lol

blahness

Matrix said:
"Mr. Bob is a loser
DenisDuckFat, 09/08/2005

Football sims never looks good. EA game always suck. EA underdelivers. Like always. Sentence fragments. Own your mother.
"
:lol

:lol :lol

Mrbob

The user comments are the best!

FUCK YOU EA
xRambo316, 09/09/2005
YOU GUYS HAVE NEVER EVER PRODUCED A GAME THAT HAD GOOD GRAPHICS BECUASE UR EMPLOYEES ARE ALL JERKOFFS..MADDEN IS JUST GOING DOWN THE DRAIN AND I HOPE TO GOD YOUR COMPANY FAILS AND BILL GATE$ BUYS YOUR FUCKIN COMPANY OUT ....THAN U CAN SUCK HIS COCK AND WE WILL ALL BE FUCKIN HAPPY....YOU MOTHER FUCKERS

I think he is pissed.

Sho Nuff

Banned
"AND BILL GATE$ BUYS YOUR FUCKIN COMPANY OUT ....THAN U CAN SUCK HIS COCK AND WE WILL ALL BE FUCKIN HAPPY....YOU MOTHER FUCKERS"

It's funnier if you try to imagine that image!

Sho Nuff said:
"AND BILL GATE$ BUYS YOUR FUCKIN COMPANY OUT ....THAN U CAN SUCK HIS COCK AND WE WILL ALL BE FUCKIN HAPPY....YOU MOTHER FUCKERS"

It's funnier if you try to imagine that image!

After you are so pissed to take the leap to all caps there really is nowhere left to go except furriously not making sense.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
just curious - is 1up mostly a fansite? Not *real* news?

Cause if it was, surely you wouldn't be taken seriously quoting a 'forum member' as the basis of an article? (no disrespect MrBob)

gblues

Banned
mrklaw said:

Cause if it was, surely you wouldn't be taken seriously quoting a 'forum member' as the basis of an article? (no disrespect MrBob)

1up is owned by Ziff-Davis.

The quote is appropriate, given that the premise of the story is "reaction to X360 Madden is overwhelmingly negative." The quote illustrates the premise. It's just like when a newspaper reporter writes, "people at the scene were heartbroken" and then quotes some random person that the reporter interviewed.

Nathan

mrklaw said:

Isn't 1up.com essentially Electronic Gaming Monthly online? Far from just a fansite. :)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
gblues said:

The quote is appropriate, given that the premise of the story is "reaction to X360 Madden is overwhelmingly negative." The quote illustrates the premise. It's just like when a newspaper reporter writes, "people at the scene were heartbroken" and then quotes some random person that the reporter interviewed.

Nathan

WOW!! Perfect response gblues. :)

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
gblues said:

Nathan

Everyone laughs, but GAF is the perfect pool to draw fan reaction to industry events from. Yeah, most of the time people are on one end of the extreme or the other, but there's nowhere else where you find honest reactions quicker. People don't pull punches, and it's easy to see through the fanboy goggles, so that's why I kick it around in my stories every so often.

I mean, do you guys honestly expect me to just randomly call up someone in the phone book, looking for a fan-related reaction quote? Our industry doesn't work that way; it's all electronic and Internet. So, that's how I guide my writing.

eXxy said:
I mean, do you guys honestly expect me to just randomly call up someone in the phone book, looking for a fan-related reaction quote? Our industry doesn't work that way; it's all electronic and Internet. So, that's how I guide my writing.
The best part is, you credit people!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
eXxy said:
Everyone laughs, but GAF is the perfect pool to draw fan reaction to industry events from. Yeah, most of the time people are on one end of the extreme or the other, but there's nowhere else where you find honest reactions quicker. People don't pull punches, and it's easy to see through the fanboy goggles, so that's why I kick it around in my stories every so often.

Yeah, but at the same time, there are soooooo many fanboy goggles to ignore here. I mean, you know and I know EA could come out with the cure to a disease and people would start a thread bashing EA for doing so. Same thing goes for Sony, MS, Nintendo, etc. I think that kind of gets in the way of some serious discussion. While I am sure GAF could be a used as a way to get a quote on either side of an event, I doubt that GAF can be used to measure general reaction of fans because of the "insta-hate" that seems to be so popular.

dskillzhtown said:
Yeah, but at the same time, there are soooooo many fanboy goggles to ignore here. I mean, you know and I know EA could come out with the cure to a disease and people would start a thread bashing EA for doing so. Same thing goes for Sony, MS, Nintendo, etc. I think that kind of gets in the way of some serious discussion. While I am sure GAF could be a used as a way to get a quote on either side of an event, I doubt that GAF can be used to measure general reaction of fans because of the "insta-hate" that seems to be so popular.

But, MrBob is the ultimate in Jeckyl & Hyde XBox fan reaction. ;)

He's a huge Xbox fan, but seems to have a lot of self loathing over his attachment to the 360.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
dskillzhtown said:

It's not a way of generalizing reactions as a whole; I'm not that zealous about this place -- I have been around here long enough to know when GAF is acting rational or not. The IGN, TeamXbox, 1UP boards were all bitching. I just found MrBob's quote to be the most hilarious because of the smile. :)

Wario64 said:
1up.com is basically GAF with headlines :D

;_;

Top Bottom