• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarrod38

It was him that was killed.
It+s+me+austin+it+was+me+all+along+austin+_0cf1acb80019162eb3afd7a03ed489c2.jpg

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
They had such an incredible build up then flop they drop the ball. You can't regain all the built up tension of that scene again next season. It just won't have the same impact. We'll just be like "oh so that's who died".

"the end of the story is what people saw"

"who was on the receiving end is what will be the start of the next story"

the fuck? that is some broken ass logic

Volimar

I hope Cornballer bans anyone who posts during the season premiere after saying they were done with the show.

Let the hate flow through you.

alcheim

A few years back, this show would've been like:

!!! The audience decides who lives or who dies

Text <character name> to 911

Character's with the lowest number of votes dies next season. Good luck to all!

I was shaking. I was on the edge of my seat. It was one the best moments of television ever.

The second the credits came, all of it went away.
Tension like that doesn't matter worth a damn if you deflate it like that.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Somebody tell me what happened.

I haven't been watching this show for two seasons and I want to know why everyone's mad. I don't care about spoilers.

I'm so disappointed. I kept coming up for ideas of how it would not be this and it's this and I'm so disappointed. I'm good with changes, I'm okay with shifts. It's a whole new property. But that moment, the brutality, the fatalism, the sea change of Negan and that death... ugh, the death isn't the end, Gimple. The IMPACT is the end. AFTER is the start.

Manu

Dropped the series on Season 3 but watched the episode to check how much they would fuck up the best scene in the comic.

A whole fucking lot, apparently.

Seriously, that scene was SO GOOD until the last 10 seconds.

LOL JDM and Norman

That was a great half season for the most part, and tense as hell last ep and scene, but that cliffhanger I dunno...
Somehow I think it'll get spoiled before the season premiere.

15 min of build up to create tension and they don't show what happens.. So fucking dumb.

I mean, this was basically the television equivalent of microtransactions. Come back next season please!

It's so fucking transparent, and it existed at the expense of the show, because that Negan reveal went down like a wet fart because of it.

They had such an incredible build up then flop they drop the ball. You can't regain all the build up tension of that scene again next season. It just won't have the same impact. We'll just be like "oh so that's who died".

Which is why they need to back a money truck up to Vince Gilligan's house to get him to whore himself for a mediocre show.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
"Taking it like a champ" makes me think it was a man. Probably not Carl or Rick because of the "feed his other eye" comment. So either Abraham, Glen, Daryl or Eugene.
And it's unlikely they would kill a season 1 character off screen so to speak, so probably Abraham or Eugene.
Edit: Or Aaron

A few years back, this show would've been like:

!!! The audience decides who lives or who dies

Text <character name> to 911

Character's with the lowest number of votes dies next season. Good luck to all!

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's what they ended up doing this time around.

Guess I'll have to go to the Walking Dead panel at Comic Con to find out before the premier.

I'm actually kinda fine with the way that ended. Not sure my heart coulda handled the truth tonight.

But seriously damn that shit was tense

Oscar

This show is so damn neutered, this was their chance to step up.

No balls at all, I bet they're going to see how fans react and kill off the character they see the least amount of concerns over.

On a more positive note, Negan is spot on. Amazing casting and portrayal in respect to the comic unlike The Governor.

After Negan selected his victim he said

"If anyone moves, cut the boys eye out and feed it to his Father" so I think we can rule out Rick and Carl.

There would be no point in that if either of them were about to die... plus he's telling his men to cut Carl's eye out. Negan is with the victim.

Somebody tell me what happened.

I haven't been watching this show for two seasons and I want to know why everyone's mad. I don't care about spoilers.

They
spent an entire season answering one question: Which member of the group will die? Then they spent the entire season meandering around until they got to the finale, stretched it out to 90 minutes, then at the last moment when the weapon was swung... they cut to black and showed credits. Find out in six months. The finale had no plot advancement whatsoever - it was entirely about the group confronting the bad guy who promised to kill one of them, it had a commercial break every 5 minutes. The ONLY reason to watch it was to see that outcome, and they just cut to black.

Kaizer

Banned
Man, that all that awesome fucking tension built up for 15 minutes just for that utter cop-out of an ending. That's some bullshit AMC lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom