• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
It's just going to be Eugene isn't it?

Cliffhanger for fan reaction and contract negotiation, yay.
Only half kidding

J_Lee

Banned
This show is so damn neutered, this was their chance to step up.

No balls at all, I bet they're going to see how fans react and kill off the character they see the least amount of concerns over.

This is exactly what I was thinking lay in wait to see what the fans think then make a decision on who to off.

Amazing, amazing season. Best one so far.

----

Huge comic spoiler question

Is Negan still alive in the comics, or has Rick and co beaten him?

They really fucking did it didn't they? A cliffhanger on a moment like that absolutely kills all the goodwill that the show has built for me in the last 2-3 years. Don't worry though, I get it. Why let a show stand on its own creative legs when you can turn it into a viewer generating machine? I'm done, I'm really fucking done.

I know that saying gets thrown around, but I'm holding to it. I really hate proclaiming that after I've been defending this show to death. To those who enjoyed it and are happy with the finale, I hope the show continues to deliver for you.

I'm actually kinda fine with the way that ended. Not sure my heart coulda handled the truth tonight.

But seriously damn that shit was tense
I would have rather seen it but I'm not super upset about the cliffhanger. I do like what Gimple said how this was the conclusion of this story and then finding out who died and seeing everyone's reactions is the start of the next big story so why not start out season 7 like that.

They tried to split the difference. Could have had a less exciting season 7 premier but really shocking season 6 finale after that buildup. Instead they tried to have both. I think it was a tiny bit successful but also I won't argue with anyone who is upset.

Other than to say you will watch season 7, stop acting like you wont. lol.

Boke1879

They had such an incredible build up then flop they drop the ball. You can't regain all the built up tension of that scene again next season. It just won't have the same impact. We'll just be like "oh so that's who died".

They don't care. The millions of fans will still be lined up to watch it in October.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
All the actors talking about how heartbreaking the finale is and they couldn't stomach the ending made me think we would at least see who get bashed in by Negan.

This cliffhanger bs... my god. The tension was so high now, it won't be the same when they start it back up smh

Manu

You know what's the worst? A big part of the scene in the comic is the horrified reactions of everyone while it happens. Without them, the impact is gone.

BY2K

Membero Americo
They
spent an entire season answering one question: Which member of the group will die? Then they spent the entire season meandering around until they got to the finale, stretched it out to 90 minutes, then at the last moment when the weapon was swung... they cut to black and showed credits. Find out in six months.

So
the first episode of the season had a flash forward to someone dying, they build it up for the entire season but at the very end they don't even reveal who it is when the show catches up with the flash forward?

Holy shit if that's true.

Slixshot

Banned
After Negan selected his victim he said

"If anyone moves, cut the boys eye out and feed it to his Father" so I think we can rule out Rick and Carl.

There would be no point in that if either of them were about to die... plus he's telling his men to cut Carl's eye out. Negan is with the victim.

Good point. I was convinced it was Rick by the Talking dead commentary of "new story" but maybe not!

----

Comic spoiler answer (IN DETAIL!)

Negan survives the "all out war" and Rick & co. imprison him with the intent of keeping him there forever. They resolve to be better, "We don't kill!" to create better world.

You know what's the worse? A big part of the scene in the comic is the horrified reactions of everyone while it happens. Without that, the impact is gone.
well that'll still happen in the season 7 premiere, for the characters, but it won't be as bad for the audience.

A finale with no payoff? This is how you lose an audience. This season had been so good and pulled no punches. And to end it like that was fucking gutless. Such an unsatisfying way to end a season. Bad form.

So
the first episode of the season had a flash forward to someone dying, they build it up for the entire season but at the very end they don't even reveal who it is when the show catches up with the flash forward?

Holy shit if that's true.

No, but we all know how they like to basically save big deaths for mid season and season ending episodes.

So they took one of the most iconic moments of the comics and split it in two so they made sure people asks #WhoIsIt for six months

Aequitas

----

I haven't been caught up for the last six months or so but
Rick and co do beat him but they jail him instead of kill him.

NG28

Well they just destroyed any emotional impact they could have had from revealing that death. What a dumb way to end it. It won't feel nearly as meaningful by next season. Too much time will have passed.

God, this show is so afraid to kill off one of the big dogs. Perfect half season of setting things up, building up the arrogance of the Ricktatorship....all for nothing. The hype is drained and won't be nearly the same in October.

Lothar

Banned
The episode should have aired on April Fools. Dumbass writers.

One of the big reasons it was so fucking stupid is because everyone will know before the season starts just how we knew Glenn was alive. From picture leaks of the filming.

Either way, the emotional impact will be lost.

Ponn

Banned
People talking about losing tension are making me laugh so hard. Someone died, you know someone died, everyone is just upset because they want to know right now. If they showed the dead body how exactly would have that kept the tension going for the whole summer? It's Walking Dead, if they would have showed it people would be bitching about who it is instead. Same people will be here bitching about the show next season.

Comic book spoilers:
Both ;)

Comic spoiler answer (IN DETAIL!)

Negan survives the "all out war" and Rick & co. imprison him with the intent of keeping him there forever. They resolve to be better, "We don't kill!" to create better world.

I haven't been caught up for the last six months or so but
Rick and co do beat him but they jail him instead of kill him.
Thank you all!

Ohhhhhhh snap. Morgan is a prophet.

Pryce

The episode should have aired on April Fools. Dumbass writers.

One of the big reasons it was so fucking stupid is because everyone will know before the season starts just how we knew Glenn was alive. From picture leaks of the filming.

Either way, the emotional impact will be lost.

This is the worse fucking part.

Everyone will know come the start of the season when there will be no impact left.

God damnit Gimple.

Boke1879

The One and Done™;200073522 said:
A finale with no payoff? This is how you lose an audience. This season had been so good and pulled no punches. And to end it like that was fucking gutless. Such an unsatisfying way to end a season. Bad form.

They aren't losing shit man. Lol calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom