• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Boo Hoo You Japs’: Hawaii State Rep Publishes Letter From Trump Supporter

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Before jumping to conclusions, let's talk to him, find out his grievances, understand his point of view. For all we know, he could be one of those mythical "100% good guy Nazi supporters"I've been hearing about!

/sarcasm

This person is likely on the high-end of linguistic abilities so far as Trump supporters go.

The older I get, the more skeptical I am that the United States will ever have a properly functioning government because people like this are a plurality.

Japan has slightly more landmass than Germany. And a 50% larger population, true, but they all live in the big metropolian areas along the coast while the rural areas are increasingly deserted. It's not that they can't take in any more refugees, they just don't want to

If they cared about the future of their country they would. They're going to lose half their population in the next 40 to 50 years.

So much for the tolerant right!

Could people start using this on forums? Really sling them with their own medicine because they keep taking our shtick and using it against us.

Ratrat

If you can differentiate between German Americans and Germans you can do the same for Japanese Americans. Fucking idiot.

Aiii

So not worth it
If they cared about the future of their country they would. They're going to lose half their population in the next 40 to 50 years.

We all know the world is better off with more population, or even equal population to what we have now. Definitely the best thing for the future of everyone and everything.

There's good reason to take in refugees, but "the future of the country" is not exactly one of them.

But we should reach across the aisle and get them to see. They are like us on, economic anxiety and all.

Beth should write a thoughtful letter back to the supporter maybe they will change their mind after

kess

I'd be pretty angry if I drove nothing but American cars for 70 years too

And those computers... have Japanese parts in them

Typewriter time!

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Wow, fuck this dude up his stupid racist fucking ass.

And fuck that neonazi orange bastard.

I'm not a typewriter expert but I spent a lot of time with them in special education class.

I mean do they even make typewriters or ink ribbons for typewriters anymore? I genuinely like typewriters. I would love to own a new one that functions similarly to older models, particularly the ones of the late thirties or forties or fifties are actually quite nice, they started to really get nice in the 60s before they started kind of not being so great or as tactile or satisfying to type on.

This guy though, he just printed that shit from windows onto lined paper using a printer that probably wasn't his anyway.

Typewriters rule! Racist idiots who support trump, not so much.

(Btw happy birthday!)

Usobuko

Banned
I can tell you if you turn the table on this person with native American historical plight, he will say something in the vein of

" not our fault Westerners are great conqueror and the weak has always been vanquished in history "

&

" every other races was just as bad in the past "

Tldr: They rub it in your face if possible but play the victim card when tables are turn. Fuck them.

Aselith

I can tell you if you turn the table on this person with native American historical plight, he will say something in the vein of

" not our fault Westerners are great conqueror and the weak has always been vanquished in history "

&

" every other races was just as bad in the past "

Tldr: They rub it in your face if possible but play the victim card when tables are turn. Fuck them.

Not sure what he's rubbing in her face though. If her grandparents got put in internment camps, that means they were Americans during WW2.
Racism

I don't know why people's names are withheld in situations like this. If they willingly put their name to it, then there's no breach of privacy. They only have themselves to blame for being publicly shamed.

"We Trump people"

Who talks like this?

"Supporters" is three syllables; let's not expect too much from them.

"Dear bitch"

giphy.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I don't know why people's names are withheld in situations like this. If they willingly put their name to it, then there's no breach of privacy. They only have themselves to blame for being publicly shamed.

What if there is more than one person in Los Angeles (population 10,000,000) with the name "John Smith".

What if the name signed on the letter is not the person's actual name, but there are people (or worse, exactly one person) in Los Angeles with the name that's signed.

What if the letter was written and deliberately signed with someone else's name to ruin their reputation?

Are any of these things impossible?

If you were in a position where you were about to sic tens or hundreds of thousands of angry people, what would be the level of false positive you'd be willing to tolerate in order to satisfy the desire for revenge?

Top Bottom