• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Boo Hoo You Japs’: Hawaii State Rep Publishes Letter From Trump Supporter

The perennial cry of the idiot and the reactionary tool: 'But [group X] do it, so why can't we?!'

Conveniently sits alongside '[Group X] are bastards, we are so much better than them'.

See: any 'discussion' in the UK tabloids about Muslim cultures, of any kind.

Eating their dissonance cake and crying about not eating it.

Pretty much. This is stuff I try to teach our 6 and 7 year-old daughters - "just because Kid Z does it, it doesn't mean you should. You should behave better than that" etc. - and it's depressing to see adults behaving that way.

And, yeah, I'm sadly all too familiar with that kind of crap from British tabloids :-/

glaurung

Read the entire "letter" in this voice:

poor-and-stupid-season-14-episode-8-full-episode-player-south-park-studios_1286478113460.jpeg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So it's a letter written by an 80-year old racist-as-fuck child. It's hard not to laugh.

Xe4

Banned
4 million people in LA. They're not all Gwyneth Paltrow.

Gwenyth Paltrow is a stupid idiot that tells women to put jade eggs in their vaginas and believes in all kinds of dumb "all natural" cures. She's probably not the best example you could've used.

le.phat

Why are dumb people so susceptible to bigoted/racist views anyway?
I mean, I'm pretty positive that the average IQ of the average trump voter has to be significantly lower than that of the average liberal.

In fact, the whole redneck/boonies stereotype seems to align perfectly with Trump's audience. Why are dumb people so fucking angry all the time?

Gwenyth Paltrow is a stupid idiot that tells women to put jade eggs in their vaginas and believes in all kinds of dumb "all natural" cures. She's probably not the best example you could've used.

If I had to define a "type" of person that is over-represented in this city, I'd say it's exactly what you described. LA is like the mecca of homeopathy, alternative medicine, new age religion, cults, etc. Not sure who fits the stereotypical idea of a Los Angeles resident more than a Hollywood celebrity who's deep into "all natural" cures.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ah, so this is the person my tag has been addressing for all these years.

Another mystery solved.

Thank you Mr or Mrs Bigot for clearing that up.

Xe4

Banned
If I had to define a "type" of person that is over-represented in this city, I'd say it's exactly what you described. LA is like the mecca of homeopathy, alternative medicine, new age religion, etc. Not sure who fits the stereotypical idea of a Los Angeles resident more than a Hollywood celebrity who's deep into "all natural" cures.

That's fair. Though, the comment you were responding to was talking about stupidity, and I wouldn't call those type of people not stupid. At best, they're dumb but not racist fucks (or at least not all of them).

That's fair. Though, the comment you were responding to was talking about stupidity, and I wouldn't call those type of people not stupid. At best, they're dumb but not racist fucks (or at least not all of them).

Right. I guess I was framing it as "not everyone here is what you stereotypically expect of a LA resident" rather than your interpretation which seems to have been "Not everyone here is an enlightened progressive." Either way, basically the same point.

She shared the letter on Twitter and tagged the president. “You need to understand your words have consequences,” she wrote.

People really should stop speaking to Trump as if he's an adult, let alone a respectable adult.

NoName999

Tell me again how/why we're suppose to reach out to these people and not worry about having to get gunned down from them?

I mean, if the only thing that was holding back hatred against her was that she had an R next to her name, what chance does any darker skinned minority have?

People really should stop speaking to Trump as if he's an adult, let alone a respectable adult.

To be fair that's the kind of lesson you'd usually only need to teach a child but yeah, I agree. Like, don't we realize what Trump is at this point? He's going to live and die having never understood what it means to feel shame.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
She should publish the person's name and address where the letter was sent from... Assuming the sender had the balls to actually identify themselves.

Beth Fukumoto switched parties from R to D earlier this year because of Trump, didn't she?

Also Japan letting in that few refugees is one of the reasons they're suffering a severe population decline; not exactly a good example to use

Says it all really.

"We hate japs, muslims, blacks, gays, ..."

If you define yourself by the things or people you hate, you're doing it wrong.

I dont believe for one second the guy from big typed this. He made friends with a volleyball for god's sake, he likes everyone. Although, it was a white volleyball...

I bet any regrets she had about leaving the Republican party are gone after this. Also, she should have left the name exposed. These people should learn that there are consequences for being douchebags.

shandy706

where is this from I can literally google trump tom hanks and get about 20 contraditary results including one from snoopes.

It's a joke...believe it was Saturday night live.

Obvious satire, and it was pretty funny.

Edit* See above links.

Caelus

Dumb fucking racists can't let go of Pearl Harbor and the Civil War, lmaoooo

Get over it!

(Not to say Pearl Harbor wasn't a tragedy, but using it as a justification for the Japanese internment camps and modern racism against Asians and Pacific Islanders? Fuck off)

The lesson everyone should take from this is that more people who think like this guy does show up to the booth to vote than the kind of people in this topic expressing outrage.

I shudder to think what kind of mental state a person like this is in. To write that and just... how do they live with themselves?

Angry and ashamed at the failures in their own life, and directing it outward. They see themselves as a "maker" so their problems can't be their own fault, it must be the external "parasites" to blame. Hardcore projection.

reKon

Banned
There's no saving a person like that. They are essentially enemies to anything that's good and progressive here in the US and must be made powerless. This means that voting matters more than ever and educating our youth is as well. Have no words to describe how laughably stupid and classless that letter is.

Oh and #notallTrumpsupporters though...

But I bet there's a at least one significant false statement that a Trump supporter considers fact because they are blinded by ignorance at this point.

Gunblade47

Neo Member
To get to the point in your life where you can be so heartless towards other sure must be a very privileged path. This person has never been in the position where they had to evaluate their life and how it impacts the world around them.

I cant comprehend how someone can come to this conclusion. This hate for everything and anything that aint them.

Most of them will claim to be religious to whilst spitting on others. Makes me sick.

Fuck blacking out their name. Idiots like this should be shamed and fired from whatever job they have.

And I know her intentions were good, but Trump won't give two shits about this. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump shares it with his base as the left trying to silence their free speech or something.

But I forgot. We're supposed to have discussions with these nutbags.

Top Bottom