• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Boo Hoo You Japs’: Hawaii State Rep Publishes Letter From Trump Supporter

Cyriades

599ce3e41f00002a001aa762.png

HONOLULU ― State Rep. Beth Fukumoto (D-Hawaii) received a letter in the mail after watching the violence unfold at the white supremacy rally in Virginia and seeing President Donald Trump's mixed reaction to it.

”Dear Bitch," began the note, mailed last week to the lawmaker's Honolulu office. ”Your poor grand parents got put into a camp in the USA? Boo hoo hoo ― you Japs murdered thousands of servicemen at Pearl Harbor ― did you forget that detail?"

It was from a self-identified Trump supporter. In just five sentences, the letter managed to insult Japanese people, refugees, immigrants, black people, Muslims and the LGBTQ community. It also attacked Fukumoto's Japanese-American heritage by incorrectly assuming that her grandparents had been imprisoned in an internment camp in the U.S. during World War II. (Fukumoto's grandfather was in Honolulu during the Pearl Harbor attack, but he wasn't interned.)

Fukumoto had had enough.

She shared the letter on Twitter and tagged the president. ”You need to understand your words have consequences," she wrote.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ese-racist-letter_us_599caf06e4b0d8dde999a687

DHYl10_CUAAAu_Zs_Z.jpg

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I shudder to think what kind of mental state a person like this is in. To write that and just... how do they live with themselves?

Is that statistic about Japan accepting 27 refugees true?

Anyway, I don't know what else to say aside from the obvious that the letter is garbage. It's a youtube comment printed out and stuffed in an envelope.

edit- apparently that statistic is mostly true: the actual number is 28. I'm kinda surprised, even for a country as xenophobic as Japan. Not that this is in any way relevant information to send to the representative of a completely different country.

Yeah. Those pesky gays who do nothing but complain for 24 hours a day are insufferable.

The lack of self-awareness in that sentence alone lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
"America was great guys. Totally justified to lock up any innocent people in internment camps, and dropping nukes on completely innocent civilians, killing tens of thousands. Remember Pearl Harbor?
Fuck the Jap's."

Yep, it's no wonder Nazi's are a thing in the US in 2017. You'd think people would have evolved in the 70-odd years since the end of WWII, but nope, here we are.

ehm, ignoring the content of the letter for a second, why print on lined paper?

Probably can't afford proper printing paper, had to buy beer.

Japan isn't a nation of immigrants, we wouldn't expect them to accept many immigrants [plus, have you looked at a map lately child-man Trump-fucker? it's kind of TINY and very densely populated?].

and honestly just fuck you dude, fuck you up your stupid ass.

proud of this woman for publishing this publicly.

massoluk

Banned
Is that statistic about Japan accepting 27 refugees true?

Anyway, I don't know what else to say aside from the obvious that the letter is garbage. It's a youtube comment printed out and stuffed in an envelope.

edit- apparently that statistic is mostly true: the actual number is 28. I'm kinda surprised, even for a country as xenophobic as Japan. Not that this is any any way relevant information to send to the representative of a completely different country.

It's biting them in the ass right now with their aging demo. They'll have come around soon, imo. T

Violet_0

Banned
Japan isn't a nation of immigrants, we wouldn't expect them to accept many immigrants [plus, have you looked at a map lately child-man Trump-fucker? it's kind of TINY and very densely populated?].

Japan has slightly more landmass than Germany. And a 50% larger population, true, but they all live in the big metropolian areas along the coast while the rural areas are increasingly deserted. It's not that they can't take in any more refugees, they just don't want to

She was actually a Republican but left the party earlier this year year due to the rampant racism/sexism in the party. That's where the idiotic "traitor" part of the letter comes from. All that letter shows is that she made the right decision to get the fuck away from that party.

Wow, fuck this dude up his stupid racist fucking ass.

And fuck that neonazi orange bastard.

I'm not a typewriter expert but I spent a lot of time with them in special education class.

I mean do they even make typewriters or ink ribbons for typewriters anymore? I genuinely like typewriters. I would love to own a new one that functions similarly to older models, particularly the ones of the late thirties or forties or fifties are actually quite nice, they started to really get nice in the 60s before they started kind of not being so great or as tactile or satisfying to type on.

This guy though, he just printed that shit from windows onto lined paper using a printer that probably wasn't his anyway.

Japan has slightly more landmass than Germany. And a 50% larger population, true, but they all live in the big metropolian areas along the coast while the rural areas are increasingly deserted. It's not that they can't take in any more refugees, they just don't want to

Yup, Japan is pretty bad when it comes to refugees.
People need to realize Japan can be pretty scummy at times, be it refugees, iffy death sentences, bullying in the workplace, suicide spikes in age groups that indicate the work and retirement system is to blame..

But obviously, this is irrelevant.
It's not a race, accepting refugees should not be about being better than others countries.

interesting, didn't know there were large swathes of Japan with low population density.

i don't believe many / most immigrants seeking somewhere better to live want to move to the country-side in new places anyway though...

[i grew up in rural / small town canada, and the immigrant population in my town was... non-existant, as were any similarly small towns i visisted]

this is all anecdotal though, i could be wrong and this could very well be a desirable option for many.

not trying to downplay Japan's xenophobia, i know they can be pretty harsh.

but still, America [lke Canada] is a nation BUILT on immigration, it IS a country BUILT of a mixing of cultures... so his comments just come of as extra ignorant as a result.

Apt101

So remember any of you out there in the US with German ancestry, the Germans instigated WWII so you are no better than a Nazi. Boo hoo, don't complain about anything.

It's all about identity and race with these people, and yet they accuse the other side of always talking about it.

60 million people voted for Trump. It's going to be a long road until we come out on the other side of this sad mess.

His grammar is poor, but it's very efficient writing; he basically fit an entire month worth of Trump ranting onto a single page.

more surprised by the fact it's from LA than the amount of stupidity.

4 million people in LA. They're not all Gwyneth Paltrow. It's also worth pointing out that tons of "progressive" cities aren't that progressive. There is a massive amount of wealth inequality in Los Angeles and it is divided starkly by race. 83% of Bel Air (one of the richest neighborhoods in LA) is white while the city isn't even 50% white overall. Similarly, only 0.8% of Compton is comprised of non-hispanic whites. Basically nowhere in America is as progressive as its reputation would have you believe.

28, but yes - and it's shameful, not something to be emulated.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-asylum-idUSKBN15O0UV

The perennial cry of the idiot and the reactionary tool: 'But [group X] do it, so why can't we?!'

Conveniently sits alongside '[Group X] are bastards, we are so much better than them'.

See: any 'discussion' in the UK tabloids about Muslim cultures, of any kind.

Eating their dissonance cake and crying about not eating it.

The rural areas are increasingly deserted because there are very few jobs there. Not really a great place to send refugees looking for a fresh start.

Top Bottom