• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Boo Hoo You Japs’: Hawaii State Rep Publishes Letter From Trump Supporter

Zoe

Ahh irresponsible. So that's why Trump and his admin released all those names a month or so ago .

Good thing we're better than them, right?

Stumpo put it well:

What if there is more than one person in Los Angeles (population 10,000,000) with the name "John Smith".

What if the name signed on the letter is not the person's actual name, but there are people (or worse, exactly one person) in Los Angeles with the name that's signed.

What if the letter was written and deliberately signed with someone else's name to ruin their reputation?

Are any of these things impossible?

If you were in a position where you were about to sic tens or hundreds of thousands of angry people, what would be the level of false positive you'd be willing to tolerate in order to satisfy the desire for revenge?

So his theory is that the barcode on the envelope means it was sent by a commercial mailer, thus it must have come from Fukumoto's office.

I can't read (partially obscured) barcodes but that seems like a stretch.

I've seen weirder shit happen though.

BTails

Hmmm, his proof relies on the assumption that the letter was originally inside the envelope beneath it in the photo. I don't know about you guys, but my work desk is usually pretty messy, with unrelated papers everywhere.

Nista

I can punch a couple holes in his theories just from my own private mail collection.

I get my work paystubs in the mail from our accountant. The guy must be ancient, because I get the most random postage used on it to add up to 49 cents, including US denominations from the 70s like those old 10 cent stamps.

I've also gotten letters with those bulk mail barcodes on them from my mom, cause she reused them from junk mail enclosures.

So it's totally plausible that old crazy Trumpites would reuse old stamps and envelopes for their typewritten screeds.

Since I can't make threads.

the official web site for the Arizona branch of the Republican Party was advertising its commitment to diversity with a cast picture from a 23-year-old Margaret Cho sitcom. As reported by Vice News, the “People” section of the site—which has been pulled down, apparently, but which previously stated that the party would never “demand special rights for certain races, push policies that favor members of one group over another, or single out certain ethnic or social groups with the promise of special favors or political privileges”—contained a picture labeled “Asian-Americans,” which was clearly a cast photo from Cho’s 1994 sitcom All-American Girl.

http://news.avclub.com/gop-web-site-demonstrates-asian-americans-with-cast-p-1798346301

Oops...

Ponn

Banned
I don't know if it's fake or real, but this guy makes a boatload of assumptions about things in a photograph.

A photograph where barely a quarter of the envelope he is trying to analyze is visible.

#Notalltrumpsupporters but lets pile on and accuse this lady who was harassed of being a liar and trying to paint us as deplorable. By being deplorable victim blamers and conspiracy theorists, yea that will show that them!

c7NLmYXZ_400x400.jpeg

Luminaire

If I were her, I'd send him back some stickers like "Fukumoto 2018" and pin his letter to my wall. Then again, I love getting hatemail.

Top Bottom