• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys Memoire: The Oath in Felghana Coming to PS4 and PS5 in Japan May 2024

GFT9Daub0AAGu-s

Developer Nihon Falcom has announced that their action JRPG Ys Memoire: The Oath in Felghana will be released for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 in Japan on May 23, 2024, for ¥4,400. This port has been available on Nintendo Switch in Japan.

Physical copies include a Music CD titled “Music From Ys III,” which contains all the songs from the PC-8801 version of Wanderers from Ys. Alternatively, digital purchases between May 23 and June 19 will include that same CD in digital form. New key art is featured on the PlayStation physical release, but you can swap it for the original cover art, too.

We’ll keep you all updated on a potential Western release.

GFT2njRW0AALlKi

Last edited:

manzo

Noice. Even though I still have the original PC boxed release from 2005 with the audio CD's, still going to buy this one.

Fbh

As someone who only got into the franchise recently with 8, I've always wanted to go back and try some of the older ones.
I've often heard Oath in Felghana is one of the best, maybe I'll give it a try if this releases in the west.

StereoVsn

As someone who only got into the franchise recently with 8, I've always wanted to go back and try some of the older ones.
I've often heard Oath in Felghana is one of the best, maybe I'll give it a try if this releases in the west.
You can play it on PC through Steam (runs on a toaster), Switch or emulate PSP version right now.

Fbh

You can play it on PC through Steam (runs on a toaster), Switch or emulate PSP version right now.

Yeah I know. It's like $5 on GOG (thx regional pricing!!!!).
I mostly just need an excuse to play it in between all the other games I still need to catch up with lol.

Does this version have any major improvements/changes or is it just a straight port?

killatopak

I enjoyed Oath the most if that helps you play it :messenger_beaming:

Reactions: Fbh

StereoVsn

Yeah I know. It's like $5 on GOG (thx regional pricing!!!!).
I mostly just need an excuse to play it in between all the other games I still need to catch up with lol.

Does this version have any major improvements/changes or is it just a straight port?
No clue, but I would at least hope they did something with graphics. Otherwise why have PS5 version.

That said Oath on PC is fine for it is and as you said, it’s cheap. The new version isn’t going to be.

Paltheos

Not a unanimous position, but I believe it's the best and the best game Falcom's ever made period. Adol controls cleanly with a carefully considered moveset, bosses are challenging and the game offers real replayability as bosses' speed and movesets differ per difficulty setting, and the OST is 95% arranged by the man, the myth, the legend Yukihiro Jindo, with a healthy variety of musical styles and ofc rocking (live) electric guitar tracks.

My only nitpick with the Memoire version, as a guy who's only seen it, is that Falcom modernized the art style, meaning less full designs (wispier hair, less line work on faces, etc.)

Uh yeah that's cool and all but when will 5 and 6 get ports / remakes?

I recently replayed 6 on Steam - it's still fine, despite a few, poor design choices that later games on that engine fixed. Making 5 available on anything modern and more importantly in English would be really nice though. It's still the only Ys title (other than 10) I haven't played.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I only got into this series in the last year. So far I’ve played Origins, 8, and I’m maybe 2/3 through 9 right now. Which one should I play next?

Thief1987

Keep in mind that it plays drastically different. If you played Origin, then it will be a good example of Felghana's gameplay.

Last edited:

Fbh

Keep in mind that it plays drastically different. If you played Origin, then it will be good example of Felghana's gameplay.

I've only played 8 which I thought was amazing and 9 which was just ok (gameplay was good but the pacing, world, art direction, story and characters were a big step back from 8).
But yeah I imagine the older ones play quite differently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom