• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube’s E3 Live Stream, Eight Million Views In 12 Hours

mekes

Geoff puts on a great show every year, regardless of who he's with. Watching from home it wouldn't be E3 for me without Geoff, so it was Youtube for me this year and the quality was great.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Was the best way to watch the conferences for me. Smooth playback with no dropouts.

I was surprised at how similar it was to the Gametrailers E3 shows Keighley put on in previous years. It was pretty much exactly the same.

nataku

Sadly I had tons of buffering and stuttering issues with it. The picture quality was way better than twitch, when it worked right, but most of the time it would stutter and buffer enough it'd drop the resolution down to 144p when set to auto.

SJRB

Gold Member
Awesome numbers.

I have to say coverage this year was rock-solid all around. Geoff, the Giantbomb guys, Gamespot and Greg Miller, everything was really well done.

Geoff wins because he had the MGSV Phantom Pain trailer.

Best performing E3 steaming I've seen and probably by a fair margin, and I've watched every one probably since around 2003 or 2004.

I mean, obviously it should be better each year but the stability and quality was a pretty big jump this year. And in hindsight, it's such a far stretch from being forced to subscribe to IGN and Gamespot temporarily for a shitty streams that may or may not work so you subscribe to both so that you likely always have at least one up. Remember back then sometimes I'd have 3-4 streams open maybe... GameSpy or 1UP maybe, too, and then also maybe an official one? Always had at least two though.

This year just purely used Youtube and it was perfect. Good hosting and I liked seeing youtubers on there. Geoff is on a roll too since that game awards show he did. Props.

Top Bottom