• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite The Simpsons game?

Your favorite The Simpsons game?

• The Simpsons Arcade Game (Konami)

• Bart vs. the Space Mutants (Acclaim)

• Bart vs. the World (Acclaim)

• Bart's House of Weirdness (Konami)

• Bart's Nightmare (Acclaim)

• Cartoon Studio (Fox Interactive)

• Virtual Springfield (Fox Interactive)

• Night of the Living Treehouse of Horror (THQ)

• Wrestling (Activision)

• Road Rage (Electronic Arts)

• Skateboarding (Electronic Arts)

• Hit & Run (Vivendi Universal Games)

• The Simpsons Game (Electronic Arts)

• Tapped Out (EA Mobile)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
As I really enjoyed being able to drive around Springfield and explore the different levels on-foot, my personal pick goes to The Simpsons: Hit & Run from developer Radical Entertainment (who also put out The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Scarface: The World Is Yours, and Prototype). But I have heard good things about The Simpsons Arcade Game and Virtual Springfield too. So I think there are a decent amount of games to choose from and I'm curious to know which ones GAF enjoyed the most.

Click the spoiler below below to refresh your memory and share your thoughts and memories on one or more of the different games!

The Simpsons Arcade Game (1991, 2012)
Developer: Konami, Backbone Entertainment
Publisher: Konami

Bart vs. The Space Mutants (1991)
Developers: Imagineering and Arc Developments
Publishers: Acclaim and Ocean Software

Bart's House of Weirdness (1992)
Developer: Distinctive Software

Bart's Nightmare (1992, 1993)
Developer: Sculptured Software

The Simpsons: Virtual Springfield (1996)
Developer: Digital Evolution, Vortex Media Arts
Publisher: Fox Interactive

The Simpsons: Night of the Living Treehouse of Horror (2001)
Developer: Software Creations
Publisher: THQ

The Simpsons: Road Rage (2001)
Developer: Radical Entertainment
Publisher: Electronic Arts

The Simpsons: Hit & Run (2003)
Developer: Radical Entertainment
Publisher: Vivendi Universal Games

The Simpsons Game (2007)
Developer: EA Redwood Shores
Publisher: Electronic Arts

The Simpsons: Tapped Out (2012, 2013)
Developer: EA Mobile
Publisher: EA Mobile

Hulk_Smash

Banned
The problem with this poll is that there are only like 2 GOOD Simpsons games. And you can see it reflected in the poll. The Simpsons Game had potential but was decidedly average when it should have been an easy win. But, hey it's good to have them all in one place to discuss.

It was not a good game, but I still figured out how to have a good time playing Space Mutants with my friends.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
VS the World is the only one I finished... as a kid. Cotdamn that shit was unfair lol, ice level was the worst.

GametimeUK

Space mutants and Bart's Nightmare are the only 2 I've ever spent any time with. I sucked at both games so I haven't got far in either. Space Mutants wins, but it isn't a good game by any stretch of the imagination. I do think it's cool looking though and I get a nostalgia kick from it.

Holammer

EA's been a worthless steward for the Simpsons license. Failing even more miserably than they did with Star Wars.
If they gave out licenses more liberally to anyone interested, Hit and Run might have had a sequel or two.

1. Hit & Run
2. Virtual Bart
3. Bart's Nightmare
4. Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly
5. Bart vs, The Juggernauts

Worst game: Bart and the Beanstalk

TexMex

The answer is arcade. A case could be made for Hit and Run.

The rest are all average to really, really bad that people only remember fondly because when you’re 10 in the early 90s playing as Bart Simpson was enough. And I was right there with them. Had Space Mutants and Escape from Camp Deadly but Christ they’re awful.

EA's been a worthless steward for the Simpsons license. Failing even more miserably than they did with Star Wars.
If they gave out licenses more liberally to anyone interested, Hit and Run might have had a sequel or two.
Hit & Run 2 was being planned until EA Redwood Shores created the Xbox prototype demo for The Simpsons Game and acquired the license. It's unfortunate since Radical Entertainment already put out two Simpsons games so they had the experience. But yeah, I wish EA would do something interesting with the license, or like you say, hand it over to someone else that will.

catvonpee

Simpsons Party Pinball
aPtmdzA.jpg

Last edited:

Larxia

Hit & Run.
I don't think the missions are particularly good, there's some mediocre stuff in the game, but being able to explore Springfield like this was amazing, spent so much time just free roaming and enjoying the atmosphere.

I would really love a new game like this but with today's technology, with great visuals and one faithful, big (I mean it doesn't have to be giant either, but Hit & Run locations were actually quite small and devided in multiple parts) and interesting open world.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Hit and Run. The only knock against it is it wasn't cel shaded. It's especially confusing when cel shading was at its peak around then, with Jet Set and Wind Waker.

Last edited:
Top Bottom