• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You snap your fingers and an older game suddenly has a playerbase equal to its peak and would sustain that for a year. What would you choose?

Corian33

I’ll second some of the classics of my childhood.

Tribes 2 - The huge maps, the variety of roles you could play, the sky high skill ceiling. What an experience.

Neverwinter Nights - That editor was so insanely good, people could create just about anything, create their own persistent mini-MMO servers with custom rules and months long campaigns. Imagine it with modern tech.

Warcraft 3 - I know it’s still there kinda, but those magical years where the custom game browser was a place where you literally saw entire new genres and future stand alone games come streaming down a list of lobbies. Nothing like it since then.

Power Pro

uBSyFyT.png

The only right answer to me

Graciaus

Halo 3. Even though I could just jump on mcc to play there will never be a time when all my friends played the same game again.

Paasei

CoD4 promod
Red Faction
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
CoD2
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory

Pretty much every old school fast paced FPS, really.

mxbison

Street Fighter IV

Best 2D Fighter ever for me personally. Other choice would be vanilla World of Warcraft but I don't have enough time for that anymore.

Knightime_X

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Used to play in player lobbies for hours on end.

From super sweaty down to the snarky, I had a blast.

Tarkus98

For me it would have to be either Warhawk or Final Fantasy XI.
Both games hold a special place in my heart. Between playing until the wee hours of the morning running a quest in FF XI or going behind enemy lines and knifing/granading (sp?) everyone in sight in Warhawk, I would welcome another year of full server population to waste my life in again. Yep.

Last edited:

chris121580

Chaos theory was already mentioned so I’d have to go with Rainbox Six Black Arrow. I spent a ridiculous amount of hours playing that game. So good

Neilg

I had a good run on a few. The original delta force on PC via 56k. Quake2 at it's modding peak. Chromehounds and mgs online.

Mgs wins.

ironmang

Rogue Spear with MSN Gaming Zone

My first online gaming experience and the first MP game I ever got hooked to. Back before microtransactions and matchmaking ranks and all that nonsense.

Top Bottom