• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You snap your fingers and an older game suddenly has a playerbase equal to its peak and would sustain that for a year. What would you choose?

Trilobit

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on Atari 2600

They will suffer for a year! Mwahahaha!

happy star wars GIF

Last edited:

begotten

Quake 3 Arena, HoN and UT.

Gears of War on 360 AND PC.

Ultra Street Fighter 4.

TLOU Factions.

Arcade scene wise; 3S & MVC2.

Obscure pick: BioShock 2.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
What the hell is that? That looks awesome!

So EA who own C&C gave the greenlight to a fan project with a few stipulations like they can't make money off it and at any time can say "OK cancel this shit now".

But because they have an agreement it won't mean that there not protecting there IP, but at the same time the fan creation can exist and develop.

The game in question was a remake of the game C&C Renegade and the project was after some time was named Renegade X and focussed on the multiplayer component of C&C Renegade.

You can actually download this for free and play it right now.

However after essentially finishing the remake of Renegade and putting it back where it belongs, in the hands of the people. They decided to take it a step further and create a sequel Firestorm X. Where Renegade X is based on the Tiberium Dawn timeline, Firestorm X is based C&C sequels time Tiberium Sun and its expansion "Firestorm". Keeping the core gameplay but adding a new arsenal of infantry classes and vehicles based on the C&C Tiberium Sun titles.

It's currently under development and has been for years, as a fan project it can't make money so the going is slow, but it's certainly a fun time for the testers.

Last edited:
Assassins Creed multiplayer. It was so unique. I watched gameplay from a game today called Deceive Inc and it reminded me of it. So unique.

I wonder if Ubisoft going "all in" on AC of multiplayer will return

GarlicPrawn

Neo Member
I would say battlefield 3 or 4. The destruction of buildings and the environment in general was a cool mechanic. No safety hiding in buildings. The engineer class felt so nice in those games.

Kev Kev

Halo 3 for custom game shenanigans like Rocket Race and Zombies, and puzzle maps made in Forge. Used to have so much fun with those back in the day.

Bluecondor

The Division when the Survival DLC was first released. I had so many friends on PSN who played The Division. When Survival first released (i.e. before the tryhards memorized every drop on the map and ruined the game), I could find squads for Survival and the Dark Zone anytime I wanted, as there were so many guys playing back then.

93xfan

Banned
Socom 2, without a doubt.

Glad Halo MCC aid a thing, as Halo would’ve been my second choice without it.

Variahunter

Probably MGS3 Subsistence.
The multiplayer was on another level, I’ll never forget those camouflage 1 vs team games. And of course the team building !

Top Bottom