• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You know you are getting older when

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
She wanted to take a walk around the neighborhood. I wish she would have chosen a warmer day but it is what it is.
I'm just being nosy with my Psych major background that I've never used in the workforce. People's ability to small talk interests me as it's not something that comes to me naturally. Never would've occurred to me to tell people what places used to be what but maybe I'm just not old enough yet.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I’m starting to give less of a fuck what people think of me (those I don’t really know etc) care only about family and friends’ opinions etc.
Also things like having to get up in the middle of the night to pee and the usual thing of parts of me hurt now lol my back sometimes. It clicks a lot also weight loss is slow.

Oh and now I sometimes have to remove my glasses to look at small print up close.

Rival

Gold Member
I wake up to pee 2-3 times a night and can’t drink without horrible hangovers anymore but I’m also finally hitting 6 figures so whatever.

Another Iori

Neo Member
ztefYhO.jpg

1D2UQ6R.jpg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
When your kids regularly whup your ass at video games.
Also when that thing that 'just came out' is from 10 years ago.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
When no matter what position you slept in, you wake up with a stiff neck.

Same here. Although it's not my neck.

😏

And yes like someone else here mentioned; when the police, doctors etc start to look young. Very weird haha.

isnt the remedy to bathe the snes in peroxide

Think you're right. I have watched some channels in the past. Looks brand new afterwards.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Have you tried different pillows, psychical therapy? They may be able to find the origin or something?

NeoIkaruGAF NeoIkaruGAF

Btw I know it sucks, i wake up with shoulder "pain". Granted it's still not totally recovered so if i lay on it on a certain way the feeling can wake me up.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

The summer before the pandemic I decided to go to some of my old hangout spots in NYC mainly on the Lower East Side and areas around that and they are all high end boutiques or chains. The old hole in the wall clubs and record shops are gone.
All the oldest bars and hangout spots in Boston are/have been getting torn down. New Orleans still has a lot of old spots open even though Katrina shut lots of places down.

Lunarorbit

When the youngsters in work are heading out to techno festivals talking about the DJs and I'm like who? And then they play some tune on their phones and I just walk away thinking what a pile o bollocks, back in my day techno made your nose bleed, eyes pop and you'd drop 5stone when you left the club through 8hrs of dancing and mountains of drugs... Nowadays they whiff some fucking canister of laughing gas shite and stand around trying to look insta-cool in whatever brand is currently doing the rounds... What's happened to taps aff?
Where have all the whiiiippppets gooooonnnne.

That was a good 90s jam.

Say "where have all the cowboys gone" is a good 90s jam? Jail.

I thought I was going to die the other day when I bent down to reach something. My right knee was in so much pain lol I was cursing and swearing. Later on my left knee was giving me trouble.

Once the knees start to go you know you're getting old. I swear one day I'm going to go down for something and never be able to stand up again :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You've been having severe hair loss.
I was 16 when my hair started falling out. Puberty had only just fucked off and I was looking like my grandad already

Last edited:

Billbofet

My neighbor's son is a unsupervised, destructive maniac. I have witnessed him throwing rocks at his father's pickup, trying to rip siding off his house, clubbing his sister with a shovel, and urinating on a corner fire hydrant. I often watch him from my office out of pure fascination. When he comes near my house, I almost always have to tell him to leave and go home. This literally makes me an old man yelling at someone to get off his lawn.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
My neighbor's son is a unsupervised, destructive maniac. I have witnessed him throwing rocks at his father's pickup, trying to rip siding off his house, clubbing his sister with a shovel, and urinating on a corner fire hydrant. I often watch him from my office out of pure fascination. When he comes near my house, I almost always have to tell him to leave and go home. This literally makes me an old man yelling at someone to get off his lawn.
That's not normal behaviour

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
For me it’s mostly that I can’t eat whatever I want anymore. Back is good, joints are good, gym training is going well, hair is good (turning a bit gray though), health is good… but my stomach is killing me. Really have to watch what I eat. Perhaps I did a few diets too many. But then again, my mother has had similar digestive issues forever so it might be genetic, who knows.

lachesis

Working in the news business - I am glad that I have less days to live, than days I've lived so far... seeing what's going on around the world. That makes me feel like I'm old. (And I am old)
Like my old co-worker (passed away about 10+ years ago - bless his soul) used to say - "Stop the train, I want to get off!"

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
When your talking to some kid about DJs/rap groups and they never heard of them. Schoolly D? Jungle Brothers? Plastikman? Aphex Twin? Seriously, none of them? Man, what are they teaching you kids in schools these days?

Top Bottom