• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now play Perfect Dark natively on your PC, with unlocked frame rate too.

nkarafo

And it's pretty easy to setup:

For unlocked frame rate you need to set Game.TickRateDivisor to 0 in pd.ini

I just played a few missions at 240fps and it looked fine, though the dev recommends to lock it at 150 or less.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

The N64 to PC decomps keep coming.

Soodanim

Gold Member

Status​

The game is in a mostly functional state, with both singleplayer and split-screen multiplayer modes fully working.
There are minor graphics- and gameplay-related issues, and possibly occasional crashes.

The following extra features are implemented:
  • mouselook;
  • dual analog controller support;
  • widescreen resolution support;
  • configurable field of view;
  • 60 FPS support, including fixes for some framerate-related issues;
  • fixes for a couple original bugs and crashes;
  • basic mod support, currently enough to load a few custom levels;
  • slightly expanded memory heap size;
  • experimental uncapped framerate support:
    • set Game.TickRateDivisor to 0 in pd.ini to activate;
    • in practice the game will have issues running faster than ~150 FPS, so use VSync or Video.FramerateLimit to cap it.

Currently only 32-bit platforms are supported, namely x86 Windows and Linux.
Note that 32-bit binaries will still work on 64-bit versions of those platforms,though you might have to install some additional libraries.

Very nice.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Have they done one for Goldeneye? There's the XBLA build but that always crashed on level 2 for me.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
To update y'all on more N64 games going to PC

Mario Kart 64 is at 84 percent
MKUTUBH.png

Majora's Mask is at 92 percent
J8GpgTy.png

Minish Cap is still at 98 percent
QexG6fK.png

Banjo is also still at 98 percent
mA5Mbvm.png

Twilight Princess has a ways to go at 36 percent
nJrlfXR.png

Thabass

To update y'all on more N64 games going to PC

Mario Kart 64 is at 84 percent
MKUTUBH.png

Majora's Mask is at 92 percent
J8GpgTy.png

Minish Cap is still at 98 percent
QexG6fK.png

Banjo is also still at 98 percent
mA5Mbvm.png

Twilight Princess has a ways to go at 36 percent
nJrlfXR.png

The SoH guys recently completed their own fork of the MM Decomp and their's is now at 100%. I believe they are now working on the MM PC port as we speak.

Why play the inferior version of Perfect Dark

Because Goldeneye still fucking rules.

Last edited:

chlorate

One thing I never knew until recently was that the original 1.0 version of PD had a literally gamebreaking bug in it that could brick the cartridge if you played one of the challenges on 3-player mode

Nintendo stealth-fixed the bug in a later batch of 1.1 cartridges without actually changing the version number (both 1.0 and 1.1 are titled v8.7 final in game) and there was NOTHING about this in the gaming media at the time, no redemption program, no mention of it on the Rareware “Scribes” blog

CGNoire

Yeah but last time i used this there were still issues with the sound plugin at 60fps and i don't think you can use Parallel RDP with it so expect plenty of visual bugs as well.
The version I had Played Perfect with no visual or sound issues. They even fixed the sky which alot of emulators dont emulate.

nkarafo

The version I had Played Perfect with no visual or sound issues. They even fixed the sky which alot of emulators dont emulate.
The sky in the first map you mean?

That was fixed in almost every plugin and emulator since around 2004. If you happen to see that bug it means you are looking at an ancient emulator or plugin.

CGNoire

The sky in the first map you mean?

That was fixed in almost every plugin and emulator since around 2004. If you happen to see that bug it means you are looking at an ancient emulator or plugin.
Granted it was a long time ago when i last saw it for sure. Still no audio issues for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom