• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoko Taro Wants To Make Drakengard And NieR Sequels As Well As An Adult Video Someday

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Dambrosi

Banned
I think a lot of them are people who just don't want to admit the shame they feel over their words and deeds regarding their pre-release criticism of Quiet. Assuming the multi-layered character was simply designed to sell action figures to pervy nerds was one of the greatest gaming community embarassments of the 21st century. It's a tough thing to come to terms with, so they double down on their own ignorance.
Yes, there is that. It's a shame they can't be more honest with themselves about enjoying the slightly scary and disgusting when you really think about it vibrating-in-the-shower scene and the deep lore inherent in her backstory, and, of course, let's not forget her plot. Her firm, rounded, yet independently-motive plot.

/s as big as Quiet's backstory here, just in case you were unsure

Q: What if you were to make the next NieR title?

Yoko Taro: I think I’d imagine a NieR: Automata sequel that everyone is thinking about, then make something that is not that. I’m going to ruin it, is what I’m thinking.

Lol, I love this guy.

Anyway, remaster the Drakengard games before doing a sequel.

Anth0ny

Q: What if you were to make the next NieR title?

Yoko Taro: I think I’d imagine a NieR: Automata sequel that everyone is thinking about, then make something that is not that. I’m going to ruin it, is what I’m thinking.

hmmm, the sonic the hedgehog strategy.

5noHKsb.jpg

Anyway, remaster the Drakengard games before doing a sequel.
I don't think a remaster of the first Drakengard it's something we want to see.
It still remains a mystery how Taro even managed to get it approved.

People that only know Taro from Automata are in for a wild ride, if he ever goes full-Drakengard again lol
Mainstream media ain't ready for Caim & his lovely allies.

Demoskinos

And surely someone somewhere will think that the adult video think was more than the usual Taro joke.

pretty sure **** meant kill though.

I think that part was left intentionally vague so the player could fill in the blank. There is not really an "actual" answer to what was behind the asterisks.

Kaizer

Banned
Man, I can only imagine how a Yoko Taro-directed JAV would leave you both aroused & in tears a sobbing mess lol

Orb

some really do. I mean some idiots took him as an anti-SJW icon without even knowing about some of his characters.
Who did that?? I feel his progressiveness for being a big japanese dev is one of the things hes most known for

Ferr986

I think that part was left intentionally vague so the player could fill in the blank. There is not really an "actual" answer to what was behind the asterisks.

I mean, considering what happens and is said at the end about
9S knowing the truth about 2B and even when he starts to kill 2Bs in his mind
I thing kill makes more sense. They just block it to mess with the player. Of course that's how I see it.

Who did that?? I feel his progressiveness for being a big japanese dev is one of the things hes most known for

The usual twitter/reddit idiots. Of course they probably never toucher Nier 1 and just knew the guy for the 2B ass pics.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, considering what happens and is said at the end about
9S knowing the truth about 2B and even when he starts to kill 2Bs in his mind
I thing kill makes more sense. They just block it to mess with the player. Of course that's how I see it.

I think the answer is both.

9s is a character about conflict after all.

I'd just like to point out that we are living in a world where nier automata was a smashing success and people are interested in yoko taro

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is true so I can see people interpreting differently. I just see the game points me in one direction but I guess everyone sees it differently.

I feel like Taro has gone on to say he wants others to interpret the games for themselves, so yeah. I feel that's how it should be anyway for most creative mediums. The author's intentions is only for you to weigh on your own interpretation and how well the author manages to convey it.

Hektor

Honestly as funny as Yoko is, he still shines the most in his more sincere moments, but I feel a lot of people are never going to see that site of his

I love that this wouldn't actually be surprising lol.

One of the biggest reasons I wish I had played Gestalt before Automata is that it must have been frigging strange to have a sequel that felt so different.

Courage

Honestly as funny as Yoko is, he still shines the most in his more sincere moments, but I feel a lot of people are never going to see that site of his

It's true, if he didn't operate on such sincerity in his art, Automata's story and themes wouldn't have the impact and gravitas that it does.

Ferr986

The “YoHRa” stage play, basically A2's backstory...

... Man, I didnt imagine androids tripping on blue lights when I got into that part of the game lol

Btw, this kinda reminds of that crazy ass Nier fan concert I watched live, with one of the composers playing music with his DS lol

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yoko taro mask and Emil mask bouncing on top of each other.

Yoko Taro present: A very adult video

Scene of man and woman about to engage in jolly reproduction. Suddenly, they stop.
"Have you done your tax?" Asked the woman.

The man is crunching number and doing tax while the woman watch some news.

killatopak

Q: You talked about the importance of marketing research, so does that mean you had to look into all kinds of countries?

Yoko Taro: This is about the previous title, but I was told that “machos are well-received” in foreign countries, especially in America. However, the game didn’t sell at all. Fans told me “I like macho, but that’s not what I look for in Square Enix games.” That previous title sold so-so in Japan, so we made NieR: Automata with the concept of let’s at least have it sell in Japan. So to be honest, I haven’t studied foreign markets at all. In the end it was a hit, and we have no idea how it sold so well. However, that makes the story I told today completely meaningless.

bewbs and butts sell universally.

Everything I read about this man makes me love him more. Why do creeps like Kojima get huge but gems like this man don't, its a crime.

When Kojima makes something, It's a guaranteed great game. When Yoko Taro makes something, it's a wonder if his game will swim or sink.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
When Kojima makes something, It's a guaranteed great game. When Yoko Taro makes something, it's a wonder if his game will swim or sink.

well kojima had always had a backing of a huge team with a great budget...something YT only got in his latest game

Top Bottom