• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoko Taro Wants To Make Drakengard And NieR Sequels As Well As An Adult Video Someday

Link to full Q&A.

Q: What about the next Drakengard title?

Yoko Taro: I believe this one goes to the Square Enix producer who is over there, if the producer says he’ll give me money then I’ll make it anytime.

Q: What if you were to make the next NieR title?

Yoko Taro: I think I’d imagine a NieR: Automata sequel that everyone is thinking about, then make something that is not that. I’m going to ruin it, is what I’m thinking.

liquidtmd

Banned
"I want to make an Adult video"

"Make. An. Adult. Video"

"Adult video"

h3vlzQt.png

Orb

Everything I read about this man makes me love him more. Why do creeps like Kojima get huge but gems like this man don't, its a crime.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't care it's another game from Drakengard/NieR series or whole new IP, I just want to see new game from Yoko Taro and I also hope SE giving more budget for his next game.

He's always been like this. Drakengard 3 didn't feel much like D1 at all nor did Automata feel much like OG NieR to me. He doesn't really make "sequels" in the traditional sense at all.
Exactly. This why didn't really worked Drakengard 2 but instead made NieR which is very different game than original Drakengard.

Dambrosi

Banned
I wanna see a Yoko Taro JAV, just for the sheer spectacle of it.

I've seen some shit. You lot have no idea.

Glory To Manko!

"Q: What if you were to make the next NieR title?

Yoko Taro: I think I’d imagine a NieR: Automata sequel that everyone is thinking about, then make something that is not that. I’m going to ruin it, is what I’m thinking."

I can't tell if I'm excited or worried but I'm down for what ever he makes.

RalchAC

And surely someone somewhere will think that the adult video think was more than the usual Taro joke.

pretty sure **** meant kill though.

I thought the same the person you answered to lol.

In context, the killing part makes sense I guess.

"Q: What if you were to make the next NieR title?

Yoko Taro: I think I’d imagine a NieR: Automata sequel that everyone is thinking about, then make something that is not that. I’m going to ruin it, is what I’m thinking."

I can't tell if I'm excited or worried but I'm down for what ever he makes.

It'll have a save import feature from Autómata. You heard it here first.

I don't care it's another game from Drakengard/NieR series or whole new IP, I just want to see new game from Yoko Taro and I also hope SE giving more budget for his next game.

Exactly. This why didn't really worked Drakengard 2 but instead made NieR which is very different game than original Drakengard.

Yeah that's right, I sometimes forget that technically NieR is like a spin off (or even arguably a sequel) that builds off the weirdest ending from D1 (which is a game full of weird/downbeat endings). lol.

Dambrosi

Banned
What's wrong with Kohima?
Kojima likes the submissive, scantily-clad ladies a little too much for some GAFfers' refined tastes. See: Quiet from MGSV, (the ability to lightly molest) all of Policenauts' female NPCs, etc.

Apparently, this causes some people to think he's a bit skeevy or something. Can't really understand it myself.

ajim

Please don't make an automata sequel and ruin our dreams haha.

Let me Live in blissful ignorance that it was a semi happy ending <3

RRockman

Banned
He's always been like this. Drakengard 3 didn't feel much like D1 at all nor did Automata feel much like OG NieR to me. He doesn't really make "sequels" in the traditional sense at all.

Taking notes? They've alway existed in the same realm.

You're both right. I just thought with the recent release and reception of a certian game, and a certain type of twist, I figured he would be excited and try to do his own take on that type of twist. I think I'm going to shut up now cause I might spoil said game.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Kojima likes the submissive, scantily-clad ladies a little too much for some GAFfers' refined tastes. See: Quiet from MGSV, (the ability to lightly molest) all of Policenauts' female NPCs, etc.

Apparently, this causes some people to think he's a bit skeevy or something. Can't really understand it myself.

I think a lot of them are people who just don't want to admit the shame they feel over their words and deeds regarding their pre-release criticism of Quiet. Assuming the multi-layered character was simply designed to sell action figures to pervy nerds was one of the greatest gaming community embarassments of the 21st century. It's a tough thing to come to terms with, so they double down on their own ignorance.

Orb

What's wrong with Kohima?
A lot lol including but not limited to the creepy shit in Policenauts, seeing through Pazs clothes(when we we're supposed to think she was 16) in Peacewalker, and Just everything around Quiet.

Sayad

I think a lot of them are people who just don't want to admit the shame they feel over their words and deeds regarding their pre-release criticism of Quiet. Assuming the multi-layered character was simply designed to sell action figures to pervy nerds was one of the greatest gaming community embarassments of the 21st century. It's a tough thing to come to terms with, so they double down on their own ignorance.

Why are they taking it so hard when they were so close though!!!!

Freddo

Yeah, unfortunately. He talks about ruining the sequel to NieR: Automata, and for me that's kind of what he did already with the NieR sequel. I enjoyed the first NieR a lot more than Automata. Automata, the most expensive game I ever bought thanks to the Black Box Edition, was a big disappointment for me.

Top Bottom