• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yamamura on Armored Core 6: "Multiplayer focus on battle arena, no co-op in story missions, emphasis on rich single player"

Draugoth

Gold Member
jp.ign.com

『ARMORED CORE VI』はソウルライクではない、トラディショナルな「アーマード・コア」新作!? 開発者ロングインタビュー

「ARMORED COREの新作を作ることには大きな意味があると考えていました」
jp.ign.com
jp.ign.com

『ARMORED CORE VI』にマルチプレイ要素はありますか?

山村:
マルチプレイに関しては対戦モードをメインに考えています。シリーズ過去作と同様に自分で組み上げた自慢の機体のお披露目も兼ねてぶつけ合うという楽しみ方をしていただけると思います。

一方で、メインとなるストーリーモードに関してはダイナミックなアクション、縦横無尽に駆け巡る自機、ミッション中の能動的な変化といったものを重視するにあたって、協力プレイは入れていません。シングルプレイだからこそ実現できる濃い体験にフォーカスしています。

Will there be multiplayer elements in "ARMORED CORE VI"?

Yamamura: Regarding multiplayer, I'm thinking mainly about battle mode. Just like the past games in the series, I think you'll be able to have fun by colliding with each other as well as showing off the unit you've built yourself.
On the other hand, regarding the main story mode, co-op play is not included in order to emphasize things such as dynamic action, free-running of machines, and changes occuring during missions. We are focusing on a rich experience that can only be achieved in single player.

H4ze

Despite loving multiplayer in games, this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Just like the old AC games, good. Looks like I have to play some For Answer this evening.

Saber

Gold Member
"Rich experience that can only be achieved on Single-player"

This is what I like to hear. Keep it up.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’ve never played an armored core game… the trailer looked incredible but then they mentioned it being cross gen which kinda killed my hype. I’m looking forward to seeing some gameplay to determine if this interests me or not.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Ouch. Not a great comment for those of us hoping for the success of the IP. Japan still 10 years behind.

Last edited:
No chance of a Sawano soundtrack, but I hope we get something decent in the aural department. I thought the music of Elden Ring was a letdown and did little for the experience. Then again, the last one where I thought the music shined for FromSoft was Dark Souls 2, wasn't feeling it with 3 either even though one of the songs there has become a star meme. I haven't played Bloodbourne or Sekiro yet. Definitely want to try Sekiro eventually.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Honestly was wanting to see how they would attempt to deal with coop, they created something incredibly unique with the souls series.

But I'm up for more Armored Core coop or not. The multiplayer battle arena seems intresting, I enjoyed my time online in Mechwarrior 4 merc's in what I imagine to be a similair in style.

Top Bottom