• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 6 |OT| - The Song of LIfe

RPGCrazied

logo-yakuza6.png

Just a quick OT to talk about the game. I'm not good at OT creating. Lots of work. But I haven't seen one and it comes out today. If someone is going to make it and posts it soon please close this thread.

Anyway, I'm excited and almost done with 5.

Who is playing with me?

Last edited:

Feeroper

I picked this up up on Friday as my local game store was willing to sell it early (the collectors edition with the glasses). However, I am unable to appreciate it so far as I was away all weekend and also I still need to play the other games in the series first as I assume I can’t start with this one. I have 0 and Kiwami and have 2 - 5 on their respective platforms so I imagine it will be quite a while before I get to it as I assume one cannot start with 6.

I installed it and launched the game briefly when I got home the other night - anyone know if that will cause issues for me since it was before the proper NA launch date? Will my account get suspended?

RPGCrazied

There is, but just not on GAF because, well, you know. I heard 6 doesn't have as much side stuff you can do like in the older games, thats disappointing.

WaterAstro

Ordered this yesterday, just in time. Good thing too because I can't preorder God of War due to stock issues. I'll just play this until I finish before buying God of War when stock is back.

I can't wait to collect cats for the cat cafe. That is my life goal.

This will be the first Yakuza game I've played, and it's completely because of the New Japan Pro Wrestling stuff. Kazuchika Okada truly is the Rainmaker.

Luckily, I did play the demo and enjoyed playing the game quite a bit. Could have cooled it a little on the exposition, though.

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

Any importers know how long this is? 5 is damn long, probably because you play multiple characters. I'm 40 hours into 5 and still not done.

Yakuza 6 (depending on if you complete all substories, all clan creator missions, all aide activities, complete all trouble missions) will take about 90+ hours to beat. Kiwami 2 took me about 99 hours. In fact I did a simulatenous livestream with the original Yakuza 2 and they both took 99 hours.

LOLCats

Banned
Im excited. Picking up my copy today.

Yakuza 6 (depending on if you complete all substories, all clan creator missions, all aide activities, complete all trouble missions) will take about 90+ hours to beat. Kiwami 2 took me about 99 hours. In fact I did a simulatenous livestream with the original Yakuza 2 and they both took 99 hours.

for context, how long did Yakuza 0 and Kiwami take you to finish?

Last edited:

The Shepard

I've recently completed both kiwami and zero, loved em both. Got 6 in a digital bundle with zero, So got this on my console today and I'll start it after I've completed God of War which is out Friday in the UK. Looks great. What a week for PS4 owners.

Last edited:

camelCase

Just finished 5 with 46 hours. Installing 6, no fast install. Boo!

I put 260+ hours into 5 and I recently finished it. I'm surprised to see how many ppl actually are taking the time to play 5. It's a great yakuza and it did a lot of really great things that others didn't (5 characters with 4 different side story racks, all very unique) and ofc the different cities. It shares the Serena music with yakuza 4, which is a really really good background track.

Just got 6 and am puuuuumped af.
Am I little into it, but not past where I got on the demo. If I hear ochisan one more time holy shit.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
I've never played a Yakuza game but just today received Yakuza 0 which I'm going to dive into. Since I know it's impossible for me to play all the content as I'm fairly limited with what I have on PS4, ideally I'm thinking of going Yakuza 0, to Yakuza Kizami, to Yakuza 6 unless I can get my hands on some of the PS3 content through the PS+ program.

For any diehards of the series are their any recommendations for starting out fresh? Is there certain titles in the series that are a MUST-PLAY and is there anything to be aware of as far as not spoiling things going forward if it i want to try to play this in the most linear fashion.

camelCase

I've never played a Yakuza game but just today received Yakuza 0 which I'm going to dive into. Since I know it's impossible for me to play all the content as I'm fairly limited with what I have on PS4, ideally I'm thinking of going Yakuza 0, to Yakuza Kizami, to Yakuza 6 unless I can get my hands on some of the PS3 content through the PS+ program.

For any diehards of the series are their any recommendations for starting out fresh? Is there certain titles in the series that are a MUST-PLAY and is there anything to be aware of as far as not spoiling things going forward if it i want to try to play this in the most linear fashion.
Honestly, the PS2 games were really important, more so 2 than 1. The execution of the story as well as what it added to the main game loop. if you play one of the older games go with 2. The PS3 games don't shine brightly enough to supplant 2. I played them sequentially and was more floored by 2 than 1.

You'll find that the games are very similar save for the story. A good ordering would be:

Kiwami

Kiwami is sufficiently different from 1 (adds new story and more depth to the story already there) that I wouldn't even go near ryu ga gotoku 1 if I were you.

LOLCats

Banned
Every Yakuza game I've played since Ryu ga Gotoku 1 has taken me 99 hours because I complete everything.

Case in point:

99:59:59 for Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 2 from my simulatenous livestream

okay so not accurate at all for normal people. I could definitely make all games take 99 hours if i tried.

camelCase

Game looks nice even at 900p. What is with them changing Sunshine Orphanage to Morning Glory? Really jarring.
I know!! I thought the same thing

Anyone else find kiryus face weird? I can't help but think he looked better/cuter in kiwami. He's aged I know but his chin got smaller or something.

sublimit

Banned
Thanks for the OT RPGCrazied! I don't mind that it's minimal,it does its job just fine as it is.

I thought i was going to get the game on day 1 but i have still a lot of stuff that i need to finish in Y5 so i think i'll rather get it at the end of this month. But from what i've seen it looks amazing and i can't wait to finally finish 5 and start playing it!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This is gonna sound like a odd question but when you buy stuff where are they?
I've opened up my phone and gone to items but nothing is there and I've spent 15,000 on stuff already

RavageX

The game arrived yesterday, installed it and left it alone....i need to play 5 first.

I have it, but just haven't gotten around to it..

tav7623

Picked up my pre-order on Monday and have put about 6 hrs into the game so far ( cause of work & sleep). My initial thoughts so far are that it’s really good game and I haven’t even gotten around to digging deeper into the side missions & mini games.

camelCase

This is gonna sound like a odd question but when you buy stuff where are they?
I've opened up my phone and gone to items but nothing is there and I've spent 15,000 on stuff already
They should be under items in the phone (pause) menu

sublimit

Banned
Interview with producer Daisuke Sato

She asks him if there are any chances for Ishin to get localized and he says that due to the time period the story takes place they think that Western audiences will have a hard time to appreciate it enough due to them being unfamiliar with Japanese history.

Which personally i find it a bit strange as an answer since a lot of samurai movies and video games have come to the west before and have been received pretty well.

BANGS

Banned
Mine came in the mail a day early(Monday) and I fucking love it. Already sucked down two glasses of scotch with my new swag...

Any importers know how long this is? 5 is damn long, probably because you play multiple characters. I'm 40 hours into 5 and still not done.
What do you mean less side stuff in 6 ? I easily went above 150 +hrs in zero. So you mean there is less side quests and minigames ?

sotojuan

Really enjoying the game so far, but only
just arrived at Hiroshima
. I tend to do all substories available before the next story part. Dragon Engine looks great!

camelCase

Nope nothing their except a item I got from having data from previous games.

Huh. That's weird. Was it food from a diner? Usually that stuff gets consumed when you order it. Try ordering some buns from the poppo to see it fills your inventory.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Huh. That's weird. Was it food from a diner? Usually that stuff gets consumed when you order it. Try ordering some buns from the poppo to see it fills your inventory.
Nah I got a bunch of energy drinks and boxers

Shouta

I've got my copy but I'm afraid it's going to be in the back log for a little bit. I definitely want to play my copy of Yakuza 1 Kiwami as that's been sitting here for a bit. I'd also like a refresher on the relationships from that game because it's been years since I played the first.

Dunki

I wish I had more time plaiyng this but so far I am in Chapter 2/3 and I really like it. Even though combat feels a bit lackluster so far. But You really get a ton of money in these fights if you activate the money skills.

BANGS

Banned
The "sooth haruto" mandatory tasks should be taken out of the game. Not fun and the baby crying makes it worse

Family isn't always fun, but we love them enough to do whatever it takes for them. Kiryu understands this. As annoying as the tasks are, they teach the player a valuable lesson and for that I commend it. Much like catching leaves and carrying books and driving a forklift in Shenmue... it's a great feeling.

Really enjoying the game so far, but only
just arrived at Hiroshima
. I tend to do all substories available before the next story part. Dragon Engine looks great!

I just got to the same part before I saved last night. I didn't do all the stuff I could because I didn't realize I was going to be relocated lol but I'll catch up when I come back...

RPGCrazied

Going to set aside this game for awhile. God of War is tomorrow and I promised myself I'd play that first, then I know a little late, got the AC Origins The Hidden Ones and Curse of the Pharaohs to play as well. So many games, so little time!

sotojuan

I thought that too because that's where I got booze from the previous game, but, strangely, they didn't have any.
You sure? I think one of the Poppo stores carry them too, but not sure which.

Also wow - Pocket Circuit Fighter did NOT age well!

WaterAstro

You sure? I think one of the Poppo stores carry them too, but not sure which.

Also wow - Pocket Circuit Fighter did NOT age well!
Yeah, it's the first place I went to. It only had health drinks. I think I see that sake is not available til later. Kind of weird.

Anyone feel like walking throughout the game? lol Feels so cool to walk, but it's slow.

Dunki

Yeah, it's the first place I went to. It only had health drinks. I think I see that sake is not available til later. Kind of weird.

Anyone feel like walking throughout the game? lol Feels so cool to walk, but it's slow.
The first thing I did was to upgrade my sprint skill and the fortune one so I already get ton of money from these thugs^^

Otherwise I am in Chapter 5 since I did spend like 2 hours to complete one livechat girl and did a lot of workout challenges. But it does not lead anywhere so far....

For the sidequests. They are soooo chliche and a Hommage at japanese media XD

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Can someone link me to the best songs in this game?

sotojuan

I've been spending all my EXP on Kyriu's base stats but I'm guessing a more balanced approach would be better. That said, I feel fairly overpowered already (Chapter 5).

Top Bottom