• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition | Hype Thread | We're Really Feeling It

Devastated, because I still have not unlocked her yet... :(

Oh No!

I'm sorry I always feel a chuckle coming on when I hear KOS MOS is trolling someone. Keep trying she is so cool and has some nice fanservice interactions. I loved her sidequests too. There are some tricks to increase your luck getting Rare BLADES. I unlocked everyone of them so I think it works. Don't give up on KOS MOS.

She calls Rex master which is nice, at least he has someone who respects him for once.

Well it's one option then.

I spent hours farming rare cores and boosters with no luck, and would've carried on if I hadn't given in to temptation.

There are those throw away normal blades that have skills that increase your luck you find a few of those, put them in the party and then try to call out a BLADE
that is how I got all of them. Well I did not do that until my last few because I did it the hard way before I saw a youtube video on it.

I will miss this Gotcha game BLADE hatching I really loved seeing a new one everytime. Also a full year of updates on Twitter knowing new blades are coming was fun.

Holy shit, I had no idea the English dub was of such quality.

These charming British voices add a ton of personality to the characters. I really like when characters have good banter between them during not just story scenes but also in combat. I think Xenoblade might be the best example of having a sense of camaraderie between the characters as they fight together.

There's youtube compilations of cool or funny dialogue but they do go into spoiler territory for people who've never played the game.

Helpful Video for people who are uncertain and trying to decide if they might like Xenoblade or not.

So people are dipping into the thread and asking "hey I used to like jrpgs but now I don't, would I like this?" and some lurkers must be wondering that too. We want to give you the right answer, but everyone is different so it's hard.

If you watch a review, it will likely tell you Xenoblade is a great jrpg cause it is. But watching extended gameplay from an expert player who can explain various game mechanics and the nuances of how combat works might be a better way to get a feel for whether you would enjoy it. I chose this part 3 Let's Play because parts 1 and 2 will cover more story and dialogue stuff, whereas this shows exploring the game's world and getting into battles and such.

The first 9 minutes is spent walking around town talking to people and getting quests, but after that it's mostly exploration and combat, with breakdowns for various gameplay mechanics both in and out of battle. It would also be good to watch part 4 and 5, the characters go into a cave and fight some mini-bosses and more combat mechanics get shown off, with some light story stuff. I would leave it there though, after that the Let's Play moves into heavy story territory and that's a part of the game best experienced for yourself once you've decided to try it. Just note that this is early in the game, there will be many more fun characters and cool powers and crazy monsters and huge areas to explore later.

Wunray

Day 16
606107_01_12052729649939_jpg.jpg

ryan13ts

Still need to finish Xenoblade 2, just can't seem to drag myself back to it. All the little micro-details to the battle system just overwhelmed me, not helped by the fact that I didn't feel that it explained them very well (or had a good in-game resource to explain them in more detail).

Is the first game like this as well? I feel like I played it for like an hour back when it first released, but can't recall much more than that.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Still need to finish Xenoblade 2, just can't seem to drag myself back to it. All the little micro-details to the battle system just overwhelmed me, not helped by the fact that I didn't feel that it explained them very well (or had a good in-game resource to explain them in more detail).

Is the first game like this as well? I feel like I played it for like an hour back when it first released, but can't recall much more than that.
I LOVE the combat system in XC2 but I 100% agree with you that the game does pretty shitty job explaining the combat system to the player. I took me good few hours to finally get how combat works and eventually it clicked with me.

I've only played XB1 and XCX, but my understanding is that it is similar in the sense that it is a complex system with lots of intricate details - but it is relatively simple compared to the the later games.

Comparison looks great, Gaur Plains is reborn in HD

Future connected looks good too

I wonder if the some of the armour has been changed, or if the comparison video didn't bother to wear the same armour in all shots. Reyn's armour is very different at 7:13

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Going through trials of Mana to be ready to play this when it gets out. It seems like a long game though, as I grow older I tend to lose interest after 40+ hours. Only game that kept it for more than that is dq11 last year and even then, the endgame killed it.

Aw well, here's hoping it's as good as people make it to be.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

I just finish the original last week and these videos make me want to start again xD

Still will wait at least next year to take this one. (And play the 2 and maybe X in between)

However, I am not a huge fan of the character face. I prefer the old ones. On the other hand, the environment look gorgeous on the remaster.

Silvawuff

Is it recommended to play this before XBC2? I got that on sale but haven't started it, and held off juuuust in case. Also is there any relevance between this, Xenogears, Xenosaga, etc? I played -gears and -saga and I'm curious of any of their DNA carried over if this series is related in any way. I could probably internet research this, but I'd rather hear it from XenoGAF.

Is it recommended to play this before XBC2? I got that on sale but haven't started it, and held off juuuust in case. Also is there any relevance between this, Xenogears, Xenosaga, etc? I played -gears and -saga and I'm curious of any of their DNA carried over if this series is related in any way. I could probably internet research this, but I'd rather hear it from XenoGAF.

XB2 is a slow burn with a lot of systems to learn, kinda easier to get into for a fan who has played this series before and is more motivated to keep going through the slow start.

XB2 is well worth it, it pays off big time love that game.

Yes, the games are connected in the fanservice, the little hints, the lore. They all come from the same foundation and is hinted at often.

XB2 connects them all even more with cameos and guests.

I think this video goes too far into the game

I don't even know what they are wearing
Melia's walking animation is weird to me she is like a duck

Last edited:
Yeah, many previews are awful, spoiling mid-to even late-game stuff (example spoiler:
Nintendo Tower casually mentions 'humanoid mechons' 🤦‍♀️
).

On another note, I just got 'spoiled' a screenshot where Sharla is wearing one of her sexier outfits. This seems to confirm that NO censorship was applied. It also means a certain community will have some hilarious outrages soon to come :D

Yeah, many previews are awful, spoiling mid-to even late-game stuff (example spoiler:
Nintendo Tower casually mentions 'humanoid mechons' 🤦‍♀️
).

On another note, I just got 'spoiled' a screenshot where Sharla is wearing one of her sexier outfits. This seems to confirm that NO censorship was applied. It also means a certain community will have some hilarious outrages soon to come :D

Wow that's great news if they not only didn't remove any outfits and also added more new ones! I can't wait to have my characters dressed in the most ridiculous outfits possible for the dramatic story scenes.

I know I started the complaining about spoilers but it is a 10 year old game so I can't complain that much except for huge reveals. It really sucks that they spoil major story twists, but I'm gonna be posting pictures of late game areas like the Eryth Sea myself later... There's only so many pics after all.

Melia's walking animation is weird to me she is like a duck

I think her lore is that she is part avian, so this is just good attention to detail by monolith soft. True artists.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
it is not fair that some people are playing this game, I am thirsty as a lawnmower for that grass
WHAT!!? Some people already have the game!!? I'm already worried about amazon delay my copy like they did with Sakura Wars......FUCK!!!

AltruisticMildDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
WHAT!!? Some people already have the game!!? I'm already worried about amazon delay my copy like they did with Sakura Wars......FUCK!!!

AltruisticMildDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

I mean reviews on youtube mostly, they are posting more than they should spoiling some Future Connected and other stuff

I'm sorry but Amazon should be late at least a week if lucky, if they are on time you would have to think of it as a blessing or miracle or something holy shit level

a PSA that Future Connected should not be played first Spoiler Free me thinks (nope I think he still spoils something interesting about the heropons)

Last edited:
Top Bottom