• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox2 could have 30% market share !?

WarPig

It's because they didn't say much about Nintendo at the conference, except a few remarks about how "you can't count Nintendo out," yadda yadda.

DFS.

Um... Could.

XBOX 2 could also spawn babies and drop little turdies in your living room. Til we have specs.. it's very debatable... I still reckon current consoles sales and current gen console horsepower will lead to cannibalising of sales especially for the xbox2

i think it all depends on what games MS announces for launch..

the next generation graphics are really going to be unbelievably pretty... if RARE has something up its sleave that is amazing, I could see Xbox 2's flying off the shelves next christmas..

a large majority of hardcore xbox live users will most likely enjoy the xbox live system and decide to switch over.. so in america, there are like 750,000-1mil xbox live users? assume 100-500,000 of them are pretty into xbox live.. thats a good base of people that will immediately want to pick up xenon at launch...

but we'll see, alot can change, and 99% of the situation we dont even know yet.

Society said:
Specs? lol, you thinks xbox2 market share based on pending specs? rofl.

yes i do. see other thread for raging debate about bc/hd/xenon2 specs. It will make or break xbox2 market penetration abilitys.

Ashitaka

LuckyBrand said:
a large majority of hardcore xbox live users will most likely enjoy the xbox live system and decide to switch over.. so in america, there are like 750,000-1mil xbox live users? assume 100-500,000 of them are pretty into xbox live.. thats a good base of people that will immediately want to pick up xenon at launch...

Launch doesn't really man that much though. The early adopters and hardcore will pick up any system at launch. The PS2 was sold out for months with only SSX and Madden really standing out in the launch lineup.

jarrod

Banned
Xenon's going to surprise people imo, I bet it doubles XBox's marketshare in every region... more likely at Sony's expense than Nintendo (who seems to be seperating their traditional market segment even further).

Rhindle

30% is pretty conservative. 40% market share is presumably what MS is shooting for next gen, if they can get a significant head start on Sony.

Top Bottom