• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X Has "Tactile Indicators" For the Rear Ports to Aid Accessibility

I'm impressed that they actually use white lettering and pictures instead of "black on black" that I see so often on electronics. Man, I hate that shit so much.
Fake edit: looking at the back of my original XBOX One, I see they had white on black there too.

thats actualy pretty cool And not a useless feature
7UlkbSs.jpg

i remember on one of my ps4 pro consoles i actully removed the warranty sticker as I was trying to plug in the optical port which sits right next to it

I could not pull out the console as it had a monitor on top

Kagero

I really love this aspect of Microsoft. They are all in, when it comes to accessibility and it’s really admirable, especially considering there isn’t really any capital gain to be had by doing this. Mad respect.

ManaByte

Gold Member
The Xbox One S and Xbox One X had this too.

wait, how does a blind person play a video game?

It's not for that. It's so you don't have to yank out the console to plug stuff in. Was helpful when going from the S to X as it used all the same cables and you could just swap the box.

Yams

wait, how does a blind person play a video game?

There are gradations of blindness. Someone may not have enough sight to read a port label but have enough sight to make out what is happening on a screen.

I have a friend who is blind. He watches and enjoys movies all the time, but relies on other people to describe small details. Any reading requires either massive type, spoken transcriptions, or a Braille display, which is a device that converts computer text something he can feel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom