• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

splattered

Our family has the PSVR and probably around 10 VR titles though the only one we play semi-regularly is Beat Saber. And maybe Tetris. If Xbox finally got VR and it was well implemented it would probably delay my PS5 purchase even further.. I still have a big backlog on PS4 but I can always play those titles on PS4 Pro (and even some of the best launch/2021 ps5 titles will be on PS4 so...)

Series S is tiny

That's actually really impressive, considering the power packed inside.

Imagine a mid-gen Series S+ or whatnot; 2/3 the current size and even smaller than a SFC with slightly more power than base Series S is 100% possible ;)

I’m just happy to see Xbox Series X and Flight Sim mentioned in the same article. I need that title shot directly into my veins. But as much as I want it ASAP, I do want them to make sure it’s as good an experience on console as it can be.

If I had to guess, they might be adding some additional content, i.e maybe a different game mode or two. Hell maybe even some multiplayer features. They could easily do something like a Career Mode like you'd see in Forza or GT with the engine they have.

Also curious, if MS goes with a more open-ended approach to VR and allows compatibility with 3P headsets, we might can see VR on Series platforms sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
I’ll probably get the “speaker” at some point to have at my recreational property as it’s highly doubtful I’ll have a 4K TV there in the foreseeable future. If MS really gets their GamePass message across so that it’s understood by the masses it truly could be a massive seller to the non-enthusiast crowd.

Thought about getting an X for the game room, and an S for the living room. But I still have a one X and since most shit is cross gen for now, why bother?

X to play the shit better, I suppose. (much) Faster load times, better frame rates, quick resume, BC additions (auto-HDR, resolution doubling, 16x AF)

But that's about it. If none of that really matters then the One X is still a beast and I totally understand you sticking with it until next gen only games start dropping (we saw one of the first, Scorn, in action yesterday)

anaphase

X to play the shit better, I suppose. (much) Faster load times, better frame rates, quick resume, BC additions (auto-HDR, resolution doubling, 16x AF)

But that's about it. If none of that really matters then the One X is still a beast and I totally understand you sticking with it until next gen only games start dropping (we saw one of the first, Scorn, in action yesterday)

Definitely getting an X. I meant getting the extra S. I think my One X could still fill that role for the time being.

Riky

$MSFT

It's so small, regret not getting a pre-order in

I've ordered one for my bedroom, I have a One S in there now so this will be a big upgrade. I think people who are knocking the Series S haven't thought about what a tiny and power efficient box it is, remarkable you can get 120fps out of something this small at this price.

Pantz

Ghostrunner is Smart Delivery now. I was thinking about picking it up since it has a dumb pre-order katanas bonus.

Night.Ninja

Banned

Ghostrunner is Smart Delivery now. I was thinking about picking it up since it has a dumb pre-order katanas bonus.
What's the upgrade?

Night.Ninja

Banned
In the war room

giphy.gif

Lol totally savage. Im curious what the noise level is like compared to ps5? My ps3 100% sounds like a hair drier

I strongly suspect the PS5 is going to be whisper quiet. MS probably knows this too so they wanted to get this jab in while they could. 😃

For the record, I find console warring to be tiresome. Until going strictly Xbox for the past decade I’ve ALWAYS had multiple consoles going at once. I tend to develop a “soft spot” for a particular console during such times...mostly for the underdog. So I slightly favoured the Sega Master System over the NES....and the Genesis over the SNES...and the Dreamcast over the GameCube. But enjoyed them all. Once I’m rockin’ the XSX and PS5 I suspect I’ll have a similar special affinity for the Black Tower over the Finned One. But having both means I want them both to be awesome and it means you will never find me engaging in console warring. *end rant*

Andodalf

Banned
I strongly suspect the PS5 is going to be whisper quiet. MS probably knows this too so they wanted to get this jab in while they could. 😃

For the record, I find console warring to be tiresome. Until going strictly Xbox for the past decade I’ve ALWAYS had multiple consoles going at once. I tend to develop a “soft spot” for a particular console during such times...mostly for the underdog. So I slightly favoured the Sega Master System over the NES....and the Genesis over the SNES...and the Dreamcast over the GameCube. But enjoyed them all. Once I’m rockin’ the XSX and PS5 I suspect I’ll have a similar special affinity for the Black Tower over the Finned One. But having both means I want them both to be awesome and it means you will never find me engaging in console warring. *end rant*

Thats not an official Xbox Account

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Yeah, thanks...I think I was actually aware of that. I do think that the noisy narrative regarding PlayStation systems is about to end. If the PS5 goes all jet-engine again...then....whoa. That could put a quick end to me getting both.

I seriously doubt it will be another jet engine. Sony is aware it was a big issue this gen and I believe they made a major effort to eliminate the problem for the PS5, hence it's huge size.

Top Bottom