• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
What system did you finish it on? If it’s Seruse X, is it worth playing?
It is worth playing, I guess it's like a mid range PC version now with patch 1.0.4.0, basically it looks better and runs ok, outside of that all the problems with game itself obviously counts. If you are buying it, be sure that you are expecting something aking to Deus Ex (new ones) and not Witcher III type RPG.

Moogle11

Banned
What system did you finish it on? If it’s Series X, is it worth playing?

I'm having a blast with it on Series X. Playing on Quality mode as it looks quite a bit better and it's a slower paced game where most of my time is talking to NPCs and taking in the sights so I don't really care about 60fps. Haven't had any crashes, but had to reload saves twice when things wouldn't progress and restart the game once when the graphics got wonky--27+ hours played. Otherwise just some graphics and audio glitches here and there, nothing that really takes away much from the experience. The city is amazing, tons of great stories in sidequests etc. Likely going to end up as one of my all-time favorite games, especially after the next gen upgrade patch is out as it already looks pretty good in places.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Bliss in hell

EpikzpRUcAA-n-1

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

There. Full refund for the game, no questions asked. No kneejerk overreactions like removing the game from sale either.

I think this is a much better way to handle this as opposed to Sony delisting it. It feels like Sony is being vindictive because CDPR announced Sony and Xbox would give refunds which I guess put a spotlight on Sony's shitty refund policies or something.

Anyway, I'm more interested in what you guys think about the reaction to CDPR/CP2077 here on GAF and elsewhere. Does it seem it might be a bit over the top? I mean the first 2 pages here are riddled with threads castigating and condemning CDPR, Sony delisting the game, media reporting on it? CDPR fucked up, they apologized, are refunding, no questions asked I've even seen people that played and finished the entire game still getting a refund.

What more is expected of them? Should they just commit seppuku and be done with it? I don't know, maybe if I was trying to play this on a base Xbox One I'd be calling for their heads too.

TheShocker

It seems to be a bug, Warzone was updated and had the badge then it disappeared. Some games still have the file name Durango even when updated, only good thing is those still run off an external drive.
Yeah since the badge went away on those two games I moved them back to my external.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I think this is a much better way to handle this as opposed to Sony delisting it. It feels like Sony is being vindictive because CDPR announced Sony and Xbox would give refunds which I guess put a spotlight on Sony's shitty refund policies or something.

Anyway, I'm more interested in what you guys think about the reaction to CDPR/CP2077 here on GAF and elsewhere. Does it seem it might be a bit over the top? I mean the first 2 pages here are riddled with threads castigating and condemning CDPR, Sony delisting the game, media reporting on it? CDPR fucked up, they apologized, are refunding, no questions asked I've even seen people that played and finished the entire game still getting a refund.

What more is expected of them? Should they just commit seppuku and be done with it? I don't know, maybe if I was trying to play this on a base Xbox One I'd be calling for their heads too.

This industry has gotten way too comfortable letting their customers be beta testers imo. They have pushed their luck way too many times and what's in day 1 patches has gotten absurd.

I think of stuff like Tony Hawk 5 basically being unplayable without the day 1 patch. In any other medium this would be absolutely unacceptable.

Shipping products and finishing them after you've charged someone is not acceptable and a company finally pushed too far and it has bit them in the ass.

Obviously people are being a bit dramatic. Should the company shut down and be made fun of? No. But they definitely deserve the valid criticism and it really does, in my eyes, boil down to a "fuck you" for pushing too far and trying to take advantage. They have no one to blame but themselves.

Bernkastel

December 2021

Last edited:

Bernkastel

First look at Halo TV series
We couldn't wrap up a look at the whole franchise without talking about Showtime's Halo TV series. To give us the latest news from the set, Kiki Wolfkill has written a few words and shared a few pictures from behind the scenes!

As you may have seen on IG last month, after a herculean effort on Showtime's part, we were able to go back to Budapest a few months ago and resume production on the Halo television series! While we were able to cover a lot of ground during the pandemic 'hiatus', the thing we couldn't do while working from home was to actually shoot. So with a rigorous covid protocol in place and our fingers crossed, we picked up where we left off in March and were able to get some amazing footage in the can. Oh, and this time I got to pack Jen Taylor in my luggage to bring her Cortana magic to the show! What a gift to have her on our set and in Budapest with me. So much to share in 2021 but in the meantime, stay safe, Spartans and enjoy this tiny sneak peek!
showtime-halo-tv-series-hand-e6c225c0b46948ec8ead39894f2d74af.jpg
showtime-halo-tv-series-jen-taylor-dbc9c4242f3d4230bf9da6b7e4021995.jpg
showtime-halo-tv-series-crates-b28e2fa7179c4f02a6ced3c307623e9d.jpg
showtime-halo-tv-series-battle-rifle-br-941ce27bc8ca4e34afe218da1bf1bdd9.jpg

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Goddamn, I went back to finish Gears 5 tonight with a friend since Hivebusters is getting so much praise, and we through the loaded the wrong save for a few minutes.

We stopped playing at the start of Act 3 before, and tonight when we loaded it was basically unrecognizable. They upped the game a bunch.

We stopped at the start of Act 4 but we will definitely be finishing this and the DLC over the next few days. The game was impressive before, but it’s fucking crazy now.

Does anyone have the best recommendation for TVs that work with all the new stuff on the XSX? HDMI 2.1, VRR, 120hz, etc. It seems like every TV does some things good, and others crappy.

I have an older Samsung right now which is OKAY but I really want to take advantage of all the bells and whistles.
Best choice you can make is an LG CX OLED TV. Has everything you are wanting, plus best picture quality out there. If the price is a little much then you could save a little bit by getting the Sony X900h. Right now its VRR is broken, but Sony says a patch is on the way. Unfortunately this year there isn't really a budget 4k tv that has 120hz, VRR, and low input lag.

Riky

$MSFT
Best choice you can make is an LG CX OLED TV. Has everything you are wanting, plus best picture quality out there. If the price is a little much then you could save a little bit by getting the Sony X900h. Right now its VRR is broken, but Sony says a patch is on the way. Unfortunately this year there isn't really a budget 4k tv that has 120hz, VRR, and low input lag.

If you can't afford the OLED or don't want to risk the burn in then the LG Nanocell sets are a better bet than the Sony X90H, they have at least two 2.1 ports and support VRR and ALLM.

DF had the 9 series here.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Just to further how impressed I am with CP2077 on Series X, I played the game on PS5 on Launch and there is a huge night and day difference with the quality mode, here are some screens I took, they didnt upload to my DVR Files but luckily I added them to my twitter so they might be lower res but i am really really impressed.

No Spoilers these are at the start of the game
Qg8L2zJ.jpg

cklEVOu.jpg

Rmnajyl.jpg

danowat

Banned
Is there anyway of knowing if a game supports quick resume?
So far for me QR has been the highlight of XSX ownership, but it's weird that some games support it, when it doesn't actually help, like Path of Exile, but others don't, like Monster train (for example)
Is it just a case of the developer adding support for it? Or is it something MS have to be involved in (like BC)?

Big PSO2 New Genesis info drop

New intro

World overview

Traversal

New hub city

Communication with OG PSO2

Character customisation

PSO2 New Genesis launches next year (probably on a Wednesday) and, like PSO2, is an Xbox console exclusive outside Japan.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Just to further how impressed I am with CP2077 on Series X, I played the game on PS5 on Launch and there is a huge night and day difference with the quality mode, here are some screens I took, they didnt upload to my DVR Files but luckily I added them to my twitter so they might be lower res but i am really really impressed.

No Spoilers these are at the start of the game
Qg8L2zJ.jpg

cklEVOu.jpg

Rmnajyl.jpg
FYI, if you snap a pic it gets automatically uploaded to Xbox Live and with mobile app, you can easily save pictures in full quality and upload them directly in here. 👇

splattered

Yup wife and i both got the $5 thanks!

I'm prob gonna pick up Gears Tactics, Wasteland 3, and Minecraft Dungeons in the sale to support 1st party...

Been playing Dungeons since launch w the kids but only through Gamepass because i accidentally bought the W10 version :(

VargasPaPuM

I have been playing on SX without major issues. Not returning it.

Sony is doing this to force them work more on PS5 no on XBOX

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Interesting point, could be. Other than the Base X1 apparently the game is much better on the other 3 Xboxes than on on the PSs but I keep reading comments that Sony did it because they're pissed CDPR exposed Sony's shitty refund policy.

Only Sony knows what is really the deal with delisting the game, but for digital only buyers Sony just made CP2077 an Xbox console exclusive 🤣

• PBA Pro Bowling 2021 (Dec 21): "PBA Pro Bowling 2021 is the ultimate game for all bowling fans! Play online versus your friends, or start your PBA Career in a deep single player experience."
  • Override 2: Super Mech League (Dec 22): "The gigantic robot brawler is Mech-ing a super-charged comeback in Override 2: Super Mech League! Fight in Mech Leagues and soar to new heights, aiming to be the best mech pilot." (series X/s optimised)
  • Drunken Fist (Dec 23): "Funny drunken physics-based beat'em up game. Drunken brawls, lawlessness and more fun! Look for food and booze!"
  • Nubarron: The Adventure of an Unlucky Gnome (Dec 23): "Guide Gnome across the dangers of this twisted fairytale world. Can you break the curse that made that annoying cloud appear?"
  • Solitaire 3D (Dec 23): "Enjoy over 100 different solitaire games (including all your favorites: Spider, Pyramid, FreeCell, Klondike, Tri-Peaks etc.), multiple card decks (including the unique 4 color card deck), online high scores, statistics, and much more."
  • The Last DeadEnd (Dec 23): "In this game, we play the role of young scientist Farhad Novruzov, who returned to his homeland to help in filming a documentary movie for an international television channel."
  • Elliot (Dec 24): "Elliot is a colourful 2D platformer inspired by 16-bit classics, with a touch of hardcore. Don't be misled by appearances: it's a colorful game, but really it's technicolor hell!"
  • Spirit Arena (Dec 24): "Fight incoming waves of monsters with a friend! Control powerful wizards as you free 4 different worlds from the grasp of those evil beings."
  • Super Sports Blast (Dec 25): "Get ready for kick-off and play some soccer, own the Tennis court and spike your opponent in the Volley field. Each sport features its own in-depth modes with various tournaments to conquer!"

I'm having a weird mic issue with the XSX and wondering if anyone can help.

When I plug in the standard PS4 earpiece, I can hear people in Party Chat but they can't hear me. I was gifted a wired full headset today and now people can hear me but I can't hear them or the game through the headphones. I have changed the settings to headphones and the party chat stuff seems correct... am I missing something?

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Got up to Chapter 13 on Yakuza 0 today, and goddamn does the auto HDR add a lot to this game.

I was a bit sceptical when they announced auto HDR because I wasn’t sure how effective it would be, but I’m yet to play anything using it that looks disappointing to me. They did a great job implementing this feature.

Night.Ninja

Banned

When I plug in the standard PS4 earpiece, I can hear people in Party Chat but they can't hear me. I was gifted a wired full headset today and now people can hear me but I can't hear them or the game through the headphones. I have changed the settings to headphones and the party chat stuff seems correct... am I missing something?

Have you played around with mic monitoring

Andodalf

Banned

Ive had issues like this in the past and the problem was with the 3.5 MM port on the controller and also kinda the cable? The 3.5 MM cable worked fine for other controllers, but a new cable made the audio work with that controller as well. No clue what causes this, something to do with the 3 pole?

Krisprolls

Banned

No, MS now offers refunds on Cyberpunk like Sony, which makes sense since base Xbox One version is by far the worst right now.

The game already runs and looks fine on PS5 (on perf mode though obviously) by the way.

Next gen versions should be a lot better though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom