• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S Thread: The S is for Sexy

Need some help! So, I upgraded from my OG Xbox One to an Xbox One S and ended up downloading all of my games/saves from the cloud. Here's the problem. When I first bought my Xbox One I had one game downloaded digitally and made an initial account. I soon thereafter created a new account and purchased/played everything on that account since. Well, with the new transfer, I lost my license and save file for this game (and I put a TON of time into and I don't want to lose it) and I don't remember the original email account/password I used! What can I do!?

Colbert

Banned
Need some help! So, I upgraded from my OG Xbox One to an Xbox One S and ended up downloading all of my games/saves from the cloud. Here's the problem. When I first bought my Xbox One I had one game downloaded digitally and made an initial account. I soon thereafter created a new account and purchased/played everything on that account since. Well, with the new transfer, I lost my license and save file for this game (and I put a TON of time into and I don't want to lose it) and I don't remember the original email account/password I used! What can I do!?

Contact your Xbox support if they can help you out.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I ended getting a 1 TB Storm Grey S last night. GameStop wanted to give me $150 for my original 500 GB Bone and they had $50 off of a 1 TB S so I jumped on it.

Aside from how beautiful and sleek the One S looks it's better in every which way possible. The OS is so much smoother, improved WiFi and more importantly the download times are so much faster.

I think Battlefield 1 took about an hour whereas with my Original One it would've probably taken all day. Wasn't expecting there to be this much of an improvement overall. It's nice having the extra memory too.

theDeeDubs

I ended getting a 1 TB Storm Grey S last night. GameStop wanted to give me $150 for my original 500 GB Bone and they had $50 off of a 1 TB S so I jumped on it.

Aside from how beautiful and sleek the One S looks it's better in every which way possible. The OS is so much smoother, improved WiFi and more importantly the download times are so much faster.

I think Battlefield 1 took about an hour whereas with my Original One it would've probably taken all day. Wasn't expecting there to be this much of an improvement overall. It's nice having the extra memory too.

I thought the storm grey only came in 500 gb and was walmart/ms store exclusive? I have white one, but I'm kind of wanting to upgrade my day one XB1 with the storm grey because of how sleek it is.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I thought the storm grey only came in 500 gb and was walmart/ms store exclusive? I have white one, I'm kind of wanting to upgrade my day one XB1 with the storm grey because of how sleek it is.

Whoops, it's the Military Green 1 TB BF1. Beautiful looking console either way

Contact your Xbox support if they can help you out.

So, I somehow remembered my password/account and now I have both accounts present on my Xbox One S. I was able to download/install the game on my second profile, but is there anyway to transfer my license of the game from the original account to my current account, so I don't have to keep the original account.

im_dany

So, I somehow remembered my password/account and now I have both accounts present on my Xbox One S. I was able to download/install the game on my second profile, but is there anyway to transfer my license of the game from the original account to my current account, so I don't have to keep the original account.

Set your console as the Xbox Home from that secondary account, and every other profile on the console will be able to play it regardless.

Megatron

Just bought the storm grey Xbox one with bf1, forza horizon 2 and a $25 gift card for $250 at the Microsoft store online. It was listed as $300, which was frustrating me. But I finally tried putting it my cart and it rang up $250!

AetherZX

Bought the Deep Blue Gears bundle w/free game (chose R6 Siege) and a $25 gift card for $250, haven't received the code for the gift card despite that being listed as "completed". Guess I'll just wait and see.

JeffG

Bought the Deep Blue Gears bundle w/free game (chose R6 Siege) and a $25 gift card for $250, haven't received the code for the gift card despite that being listed as "completed". Guess I'll just wait and see.

When I bought my S, it took around a week to get my code

Beef

I'm primarily a PC gamer that purchased an XBox One S during the holiday weekend. I was initially impressed by great pricing for the console and low cost for a number of its slightly older games. I was surprised by the experience overall and wanted to share it with some GAFers, specifically those PC users considering an XBone.

1. Initial boot

Initial boot and a 1 GB patch took approximately 40 minutes. I was greeted with a video advertisement for XBox. The built in "500" GB HD had approximately 320 GB of free internal storage (see picture from second comment). Assuming the HD started with 465 GB, one could say the system started with 125 GB (or 1/4 of its capacity) filled with OS/bloatware. Can I do a fresh OS install that would clean this up a little?

2. Connectivity

I have a 300Mb/s connection with the appropriate connections to reach such speeds. I needed to restart my modem and router multiple times due to connectivity issues. Eventually, I was able to secure a wireless connection with a maximum download speed of ~50 Mb/s. I switched to a hardwire connection that maxed at about 80Mb/s. In comparison, I average 25MB/s (200Mb/s) on steam while downloading.

20161126_195930.jpg

Furthermore, the user interface seems to have a substantial amount of lag to it, sometimes taking a second (more?) to open up various menus.

3. Controller

The right bumper on my controller was stuck in place, causing auto-right scrolling on the first input menu. I needed to use a flathead to dislodge it. Also, it appears that XBox one controllers require AA batteries, unlike a majority of current age peripherials and consoles I have otherwise used (3DS, PS4 controller, modern mice and keyboards, most headphones). I do not have AA batteries in my house, I'll have to specifically purchase some solely to continue to use my controller.

20161126_200024.jpg

I was underwhelmed by the entire situation, perhaps I've been too spoiled by PC gaming and older consoles.

trixx

yeah I honestly thought it would have internal battery as well, like the wii u pro controller. Thankfully I have rechargeable AA batteries but I need to get better battery pack for sure.

My PC is pretty garbage but I was pretty amazed by the fact that the I could stream games from my xbox to my pc in the other room, pretty damn cool. Obviously it looks worse but the performance isn't bad.

Sales are awesome and I was pretty salty about paying for live but "free" games are well welcomed. Still, I think it's pretty dumb that you have to pay for online, just give people the choice of whether they'd like to subscribe or not. Sales were great though.

Can we talk about the colours that this console comes in; blue, green, grey all look fantastic. The green looks great with my wood furnishing in my room. S is for sexy is right

anyone have an issue on initial setup that says "There might be a problem displaying 4k on your TV" when attempting to choose the 4k resolution?

i have the samsung ks8000 so i know it should work fine. the weird thing is when i go to 4k TV details, everything has a green check mark! but for whatever reason, it won't let me switch it to 4k...

I was going to ask this in the stupid questions thread, but maybe it's better here:

How well does the Xbox One S fare as a media Center? I sold my PS4 recently since I stopped gaming and right now I'm lacking a DVD / BD player, not to mention Netflix. Plus maybe I can relieve my Halo memories again (no interest in other games, same issue I had with 360). But the shape, size and smaller power consumption feel so good.

I had heard something about "crushed blacks", but maybe that has been fixed in this version?

Since this thread is on page 1 at this time I'll add to it, I bought the new white controller today to use for my pc and to see how good the Bluetooth support is and I really like the small changes to the controller, the slight bumpy grip and the softer bumpers which feel softer then the 3.5mm jack revision of the first gen controller to me.

The controller works great with my fire tv stick and Nexus 6p phone for gaming but I did have to update the pad over windows 10 before Bluetooth worked correctly.

Bought the BF1 storm grey bundle. Any game recommendations for someone with access to all the other systems? Already played Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3 on PC

BHK3

Banned
Do any of these bundles come with a cable+rechargeable battery pack for the controller? That's honestly what's keeping me from buying one right now because it increases the price by like a solid $15 in the most annoying way. I haven't used batteries in like 10 years.

Do any of these bundles come with a cable+rechargeable battery pack for the controller? That's honestly what's keeping me from buying one right now because it increases the price by like a solid $15 in the most annoying way. I haven't used batteries in like 10 years.
Get eneloops. They'll last longer than the play n charge. But to answer your question: no.

theDeeDubs

Bought the BF1 storm grey bundle. Any game recommendations for someone with access to all the other systems? Already played Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3 on PC

Sunset Overdrive. I'm assuming you've already played Recore, State of Decay, Quantum Break, and Dead Rising 3 on PC.

jmizzal

Does the Xbox one S Gears of War 4 bundle suppose to come with a code for the Gears of war collection Gears 1,2,3 and Judgement?

I dont see a code in my box, only code for Gears 4 and Xbox live trial

Does the Xbox one S Gears of War 4 bundle suppose to come with a code for the Gears of war collection Gears 1,2,3 and Judgement?

I got the blue bundle from GS and it came with a physical copy of Gears 4 along with digital codes of the Gears games.

Edit: I'll give you the codes if you still want them.

im_dany

You will probably get the codes through XBL messages

jmizzal

You will probably get the codes through XBL messages

Is that after you redeem Gears 4?

I got the blue bundle from GS and it came with a physical copy of Gears 4 along with digital codes of the Gears games.

Edit: I'll give you the codes if you still want them.

I was selling my old xbox one and was throwing in the codes with the system and only saw the Gears 4 code, wasnt looking to use them

j-wood

So I just bought a 4k TV on friday (ks8000). I have a ps4 pro and am debating getting an xbox one s for the UHD player. Dumbass move by Sony to not include that.

So I was thinking of trading in my current xbox one (500gb) and my wii u (since i'm getting a switch). I could come out basically even, maybe a little extra with all my wii u games. Is the 4k player good? HDR and stuff?

I'm just trying to decide if it's worth it basically. I haven't touched the wii u in forever.

Posting once more. anyone have an issue on initial setup that says "There might be a problem displaying 4k on your TV" when attempting to choose the 4k resolution?

i have the samsung ks8000 so i know it should work fine. the weird thing is when i go to 4k TV details, everything has a green check mark! but for whatever reason, it won't let me switch it to 4k...

jmizzal

Does the Xbox one S have faster load times?

I Deus ex loads faster on it then my older xbox box, or did Deus Ex get an update for faster load times

So I just bought a 4k TV on friday (ks8000). I have a ps4 pro and am debating getting an xbox one s for the UHD player. Dumbass move by Sony to not include that.

So I was thinking of trading in my current xbox one (500gb) and my wii u (since i'm getting a switch). I could come out basically even, maybe a little extra with all my wii u games. Is the 4k player good? HDR and stuff?

I'm just trying to decide if it's worth it basically. I haven't touched the wii u in forever.
It's a very good UHD player and still the cheapest one on the market. I had an Xbone already but couldn't resist getting an Xbone S. The Xbox One S is an improvement on the original in every way.

Top Bottom