• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: "All In One. Input One." banner

Does it imply that it is the primary entertainment box? Input 1 as in your television. They are assuming input1 is reserved for the cablebox, and videogame console on 2 or 3, right? Is that it?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Next they should hire the head on advertising agency.
XBONE: APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE ANUS

Hypron

Actually, the more I think about this, the more it makes me think about those "thanks obama" infomercial gifs. They take a problem that's really minuscule (having to change inputs to watch tv), and blow it completely out of proportion "Oh noes, I want to watch tv but I'm too lazy to move my hand and grab my remote, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MYSELF", to then advertise their product.

Kade

I'll input one where the sun don't shine.
LLShC.gif

DBT85

People are reading the word "input" as a verb, as most people's natural reaction will be because we use the word "input" in language mostly as a verb.

How odd, I read it straight up as the different inputs on my TV lol.

Maybe if they had put thier other slogan right above it there would be less confusion.

"TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS TV TV TV"

In my opinion at this stage the slogan should just be

Xbox One, Go Do One.

It's confusing because "input" can be a verb, making the phrase imperative, in which case the reader doesn't know what they're supposed to be inputting.

Even then, Input one is weird because most people's TV input is like AV1 or HDMI1 or whatever with a digit.

Not

Banned
You know those ads that don't make sense the first time you read them, so you spend more time looking at them, and the whole time you're kinda hoping that's not the point of the ad?

Stupid slogan.

What?

That literally makes no sense. Microsoft is fucking sloppy. I kinda get what they were trying to do, but jesus. They should have just went with "All in one. Xbox One."

Did Sony infiltrate MS HQ to take them out from the inside? This is fucking embarrassing at this point.

nib95

Banned
I'd also like to mention that the last 3-4 TV's I've had, the HDMI input has also never been 1. There's usually like input 3-4 or something.

Guevara

That's a dumb way of saying "now you don't have to switch inputs 'cause your tv and games are through the same device"

Some older TV's only have one HDMI input. How are people going to experience their television content if they can't plug in their HD cable boxes?

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
This confusion could've been averted by changing the "One" into a "1" and changing the font a bit to look like a fixed width electronicy font. As it stands now people are like "input one what?"

Rising_Hei

infinite_power.png

I just fixed it. I know that MS will look for me to thank me, but they shouldn't, my brilliant paint skills are powered by the infinite power of the cloud.

FoxSpirit

I think they made a mistake

Input One - All in One

Sounds better, makes more sense too. Let's see what Sony brings, their new marketing firm so far has been pretty sharp.

DBT85

Doesn't it need to be connected to DVR for all the Tvtvtvtvtvtv functions? You know... 2 devices??

DVR goes into the XBONE, XBONE into the TV.

What that also means is that to watch all your DVR stuff you need the xbone in the way.

dejay

Banned
I'm pretty sure it's a throw away tag line - one would hope they don't use it in the wider community.

Still, pretty effective advertising, considering a three page thread sprung up within minutes.

G_Berry

Banned
The Xbox One just won the battle for the first input on your TV.

RIP PS4 Input 2 :_(
IF I end up getting an xbone, first thing im doing is plugging my PS4 I to it to see what happens.

My guess, both consoles will cancel each other out and vanish I to a vortex aka that episode of the simpsons with the mansion on the Indian burial ground.

Top Bottom