• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: "All In One. Input One." banner

Tagg9

SEpCU.gif

wrowa

You know you've got a great slogan when even people on one of the leading enthusiasts forums don't know what you are trying to say.

If I am judging it right, it means that Microsoft wants to achieve to be on (HDMI) input 1 on your TV and you need nothing else beside it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Everything goes through the xbox so you don't need to change inputs on your tv. They have been talking about that since the reveal. Read that wired article again.

DBT85

Not sure how so many people dont get it, your TV has several inputs, they are sugesting that the XBONE is connected to input 1 or AV1 or HDMI 1 on your TV.

More fool them, on my TV Input 1 is my AV amp.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
The thing about this is you know the people who "get it" know what it means, and they just can't conceive of anyone else not "getting it." And that's how it winds up being a banner at the biggest reveal almost a decade.

In the other thread where this was mentioned a user pointed out that MS wanted to use an "Input 1" slogan, like, on your TV, "Input 1, Input 2," etc. This seems to be a supremely poorly thought out play on that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nothing says catchy slogan like, "Could you please explain what this means?"

Probably because you don't need to change inputs with the HDMI passthrough.

Unless you own more than 2 devices including the Xbox One. Because lets be honest, WHO WOULD?

Morthas

Neo Member
I read it multiple times and thought it meant the "all devices in one box" thing. But actually... it doesn't make any sense.

And, as other devices do not need a connection to the Internet, the Xbone, in reality, replaces nothing at all.

Omikaru

Oh boy. That's reeal bad.

I suppose the marketing teams can only work with what they're given. A lemon is a lemon, after all.

Dunk#7

They are trying to say you will be able to leave your TV on a single video input. Still not great marketing because it isn't true for the vast majority of people.

THE:MILKMAN

I get what it means, but I don't understand why they are doing this at E3? All about the games MS! Remember that?

They make it sound like a damn AVR.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not sure how so many people dont get it, your TV has several inputs, they are sugesting that the XBONE is connected to input 1 or AV1 or HDMI 1 on your TV.

More fool them, on my TV Input 1 is my AV amp.

People are reading the word "input" as a verb, as most people's natural reaction will be because we use the word "input" in language mostly as a verb.

hawk2025

It appears that Microsoft hired Sony's old ad agency?

In all seriousness, I don't think it's a very good ad, simply because I don't think it's immediately understandable and relatable. Maybe some people have some sort of "hierarchy" on their inputs, where their favorite piece of eletronics goes on "Input One" (if your TV even calls it that), but I know I don't.

The Cowboy

As I said, what does input one mean? And how is it an all in one console anyway? DVR, Kinect etc.

That's what I don't get as well, they're making the claim I that this is "all in one" when in fact at the least (if you want all features) it requires 2 things (if you put the Kinect and main box together - and remove routers etc) - the Xbone and a Cable box.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If you have a shitty TV with one HDMI input, please buy our product.

"All input one" while still terrible, is better.

Top Bottom