• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Summer Sale Jun 30 - July 10 - XB1,360,W10 - 300+ items

Poster#1

How is Battlefield 1?

I went to buy Titanfall 2 since it will get a Scorpio patch, but they have a bundle deal for both Battlefield 1 Deluxe and Titanfall 2 Deluxe for a great price (cant remember as I type this). I am assuming they will also have a Battlefield 1 Scorpio patch?
I'd be surprised if they didn't patch it.

Both games are great. TF2 SP is excellent and I like BF1 MP and setting.

big_z

How is Battlefield 1?

I went to buy Titanfall 2 since it will get a Scorpio patch, but they have a bundle deal for both Battlefield 1 Deluxe and Titanfall 2 Deluxe for a great price (cant remember as I type this). I am assuming they will also have a Battlefield 1 Scorpio patch?

There is a Scorpio patch for battlefield 1. Should be the best console version and hopefully finally on par with the pc.
The game itself is the best battlefield since bad company 2 but quite different than something like titanfall.

xrnzaaas

The game didn't even chart in the UK top 40.

I know it only had a limited retail release, but that's still pretty dire.

Yeah I think the retail release was very limited. Steamspy says around 4000 people bought the PC version, but it's probably too early to get more accurate statistics. PS version is also not looking that good, less than 40 people have scored the game.

Mohasus

How do I buy DLC for the Windows Store version of Rise of the Tomb Raider?

I swear they appeared below the game's description, but there is nothing there now.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
How's crackdown not BC yet, it being an MS game?

There's several MS games that are not BC. All the Forza Motorsports, all PGRs, Crackdowns, Fable Anniversary, Ninja Gaiden 2, Too Human. All the Kinect games, the Lips games (which should technically be possible to emulate).

Fox Mulder

There's several MS games that are not BC. All the Forza Motorsports, all PGRs, Crackdowns, Fable Anniversary, Ninja Gaiden 2, Too Human. All the Kinect games, the Lips games (which should technically be possible to emulate).

They've said no 360 Kinect support. They also won't relicense music or cars. Too human got sued out of existence. They only published Ninja Gaiden 2, tecmo would still have to approve presumably.

Crackdown is theirs and a new game is coming. There must be a reason why it's not BC, probably holding it for some preorder shit.

Spasm

Hmm, not a whole lot here for me. Picked up Thumbleweed Park and Jackbox Party Packs 2 and 3. Stoked that Thumbleweed is a Play Anywhere title.

Gwyn

Dark Souls 3 deluxe
Enter the Gungeon
Flinthook
Furi
Little Nightmares
Song of the Deep
ClusterTruck

added to backlog :|

Crypt of the Necrodancer is very tough. Fun, interesting concept but my dpad on my controller kind of sucks so I sometimes miss and that's frustrating.

Hawk269

There is a Scorpio patch for battlefield 1. Should be the best console version and hopefully finally on par with the pc.
The game itself is the best battlefield since bad company 2 but quite different than something like titanfall.

Thanks to you and other for the recommendation. I figured for the price for the bundle, I get two deluxe games versions of each game. Going to buy them later today!

Is there absolutely no way I can buy the Xbox 360 games on Xbox One with my Microsoft credit? I really want to buy some of them but the credit thingy sucks.

I don't live in USA so no credit/debit card from there and I do have a PayPal but it is empty. Do I need to put money in that account to get some of the games. I have $10 in MS Balance so I would prefer that to use it.

pelican

Is there absolutely no way I can buy the Xbox 360 games on Xbox One with my Microsoft credit? I really want to buy some of them but the credit thingy sucks.

I don't live in USA so no credit/debit card from there and I do have a PayPal but it is empty. Do I need to put money in that account to get some of the games. I have $10 in MS Balance so I would prefer that to use it.

Isn't the wallet on the Xbone the MS wallet? I thought it was one in the same?

Oynox

No.

This is a pretty good sale, I decided to get Soul Calibur V for 3.75 before my gold membership ends.

Unrelated but I find it odd that Saints Row 4 is backwards compatible despite having a Xbox One version but the original three games are not.

Zeta Oni

They've said no 360 Kinect support. They also won't relicense music or cars. Too human got sued out of existence. They only published Ninja Gaiden 2, tecmo would still have to approve presumably.

Crackdown is theirs and a new game is coming. There must be a reason why it's not BC, probably holding it for some preorder shit.

Crackdown is full of licensed music, if I had to guess one reason in particular.

big_z

Crypt of the Necrodancer is very tough. Fun, interesting concept but my dpad on my controller kind of sucks so I sometimes miss and that's frustrating.

If your controller is clean from Doritos, KFC or mystery substances and the dpad is double/triple moving or missing presses try this simple fix. Place your lips around the dpad and blow as hard as you can. Do it 6-7 times and retest your controller.

theBmZ

I ended up getting ABZU, The Witness, and SUPERHOT. I loved Journey, so I'm hoping ABZU will be good. The Witness looks cool. I like puzzle games but I thought the game was too expensive when it came out. SUPERHOT looks really awesome, and people say great things about it. Excited to get into them soon.

Leonidas

This is a pretty good sale, I decided to get Soul Calibur V for 3.75 before my gold membership ends.

Unrelated but I find it odd that Saints Row 4 is backwards compatible despite having a Xbox One version but the original three games are not.

Yeah it's a shame, the original needs it the most as it was an Xbox 360 exclusive and has an option to disable VSYNC(which could allow it to run at a higher framerate on Xbox One).

Grisby

Thanks for the heads up.
No worries. It's a good game and Respawn has been doing good by supporting it.
Is the plain version of sunset overdrive ok?
It's one of my games of this gen so far. The movement and the options you have to traverse the environments make for a fun time. Combine that with some bright/cheery graphics and Insomniac's love of crazy guns/large hordes of enemies and it's just a great game.

DLC wasn't anything to write home about and can be skipped IMO. However, be aware that some of the criticisms against the game were for it's story (I thought the humor was ok, nothing too grating) and the fact that while you do have a lot of options with the traversal it actually takes a bit for the game to give those options to you.

Ushay

I ended up picking up Blue Dragon only. Changed my mind on FF15, will wait for Black Friday for it drop further.

Is FF15 really worth getting, the other thread seems to be shitting all over it?

I ended up picking up Blue Dragon only. Changed my mind on FF15, will wait for Black Friday for it drop further.

Is FF15 really worth getting, the other thread seems to be shitting all over it?
Worth only 20$ or less
And on xbox one it will look like shit

sam777

As a new player to the FF series I enjoyed it. Also make sure you download the ninexperience band if you do get the game.

I have FFXV on Xbox One. I got I at launch. it looks and plays great. If you decide to pick it up you won't regret it.

So The Witcher 3: Expansion Pass does that include Blood And Wine & Hearts Of Stone?

yes, all the other mini cosmetic dlc and stuff are free

also wtf why can't I buy live with microsoft account money? was gonna do a 2 dollar gold upgrade and then buy skate 3 for 5 dollars and it wasn't letting me

yes, all the other mini cosmetic dlc and stuff are free

also wtf why can't I buy live with microsoft account money? was gonna do a 2 dollar gold upgrade and then buy skate 3 for 5 dollars and it wasn't letting me
You need a credit card to buy 360 stuff on the one. You can't use Microsoft money.

Top Bottom