• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is now stronger and more alive than ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberpunkd

4 community based games that need a wider userbase to survive going multiplatform hence bringing more money to MS and making Xbox healthier.

They're gonna announce 10 new games this 2024 while Sony just announced no new first party games for the rest of 2024.

Also they announced a new ultra powerful Xbox for Christmas, Sony said they would try to have the most powerful console next-gen, won't happen.

I know what most responses are gonna be like as this forum is a PS centric circus lately but still worth stating some facts.
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

AzekZero

Neo Member
Sony confirming the lack of any 2024 first party releases doesn't mean Microsoft automatically wins. This can be a weak year for both Playstation and Xbox.

However, if Sony comes back swinging with a blockbuster 2025 release schedule I think MS will have a hard time putting up a fight.

Roberts

I kindly disagree. Forza Motorsport, Halo Infinite, Sea of Thieves, Redfall, Fable were all really bad
Have you played Sea of Thieves? It is an amazing experience and there is so much content and possibilities of enjoying it. I mean even if you don't like the main gameplay loop, I doubt a lot of people will tell you that, let's say, Monkey Island stuff is bad. It is not. I don't know what Fable you are talking about - the first three are very old games (are you just pulling those names out of somewhere?). Forza has issues but it is not bad and driving itself is phenomenal. And Halo has the best fps shooter mechanics on the market. I will give you Redfall, though. I mean, I think it is at a better state now and kind of a super-flawed 6/10 game so it should have been a whole lot better.

And even then you get stuff like Hi-Fi Rush that is amazing, Pentiment is one of a kind. Grounded is by far the best survival game. And if you look at Starfield's OT where people who actually played the game talked, you will see that most of us loved it.

Last edited:
I kindly disagree. Forza Motorsport, Halo Infinite, Sea of Thieves, Redfall, Fable were all really bad
Forza and Starfield made me jump ship. SoT was the only thing that was actually fun to play and has a years long userbase and community. It will do well on other platforms.
Fable never got released.....

But yeah, quality wise, Xbox has gone to shit.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

I'd actually like for Microsoft to release some actual complete games and not gamepass fodder before I judge all these upcoming games. Which will get delayed into 2025 most likely. Same thing every year, one of these years it's going to work.

Can Microsoft pull off a PS3 type comeback this geneneration, through great software titles? This generation is really sub par thus far.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
4 community based games that need a wider userbase to survive going multiplatform hence bringing more money to MS and making Xbox healthier.

They're gonna announce 10 new games this 2024 while Sony just announced no new first party games for the rest of 2024.

Also they announced a new ultra powerful Xbox for Christmas, Sony said they would try to have the most powerful console next-gen, won't happen.

I know what most responses are gonna be like as this forum is a PS centric circus lately but still worth stating some facts.
I admire your optimism.

2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023... 2024 is THE YEAR for XBOX.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

I'd actually like for Microsoft to release some actual complete games and not gamepass fodder before I judge all these upcoming games. Which will get delayed into 2025 most likely. Same thing every year, one of these years it's going to work.

Can Microsoft pull off a PS3 type comeback this geneneration, through great software titles? This generation is really sub par thus far.
Imagine MS putting more effort into the PS5-versions, because they can make more money there.😶

Pejo

MAN I thought for sure this was gonna be a shitpost thread with the "Beyblade is back and more dangerous than ever" copypasta, edited for xbox of course.

Bernardougf

Gold Member

MS going third party is thr best thing that could happen for the xbox fanboys ... they keep ganepass day 1 but now MS has the incentive to make good/great games again and not just gamepass filler, games that have to compete and to sell... is the best of both worlds for them... only if the warrior eyes could see...

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
As I already said it .. your act dosent fool anyone is just sad .. but keep trying

That's it, point your hatred at me now. You will make it to the acceptance stage :)

Still drenchingyourdickhard in Xbox I see.
Never change

I drench my Dick in every platform, and invest in every single one considerably. It's the best of all worlds!

Banjo64

cumsessed
Which likely attracted her to him in the first place. That along with looks and money.
Girls Aloud weren’t exactly struggling for money. I think they are (were?) the best selling girl band of the 21st century. She was minted and a bigger celebrity than Ashley Cole in her own right.

Mister Wolf

Girls Aloud weren’t exactly struggling for money. I think they are (were?) the best selling girl band of the 21st century. She was minted and a bigger celebrity than Ashley Cole in her own right.

The more money a woman makes, she ideally wants a man on her same social economic level, if not better. They essentially become victims of their own success through disqualifying the multitudes of high character men of lower economic status. Men on the other hand have no qualm with "dating down" financially. Waaaaay down. We see this play out in romantic fiction and reality.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Barely a single 'fact' correct in the OP, well done, that takes some doing.

You know, there once was a time when the number of releases didn't matter so much as the quality of releases, have times changed that much? So long as there is a steady stream of quality games coming to all platforms why should you care how many are releasing for either?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom