• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is now stronger and more alive than ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy X

Memes in threads is one thing, this is not an open season to make blatant console warrior threads.
4 community based games that need a wider userbase to survive going multiplatform hence bringing more money to MS and making Xbox healthier.

They're gonna announce 10 new games this 2024 while Sony just announced no new first party games for the rest of 2024.

Also they announced a new ultra powerful Xbox for Christmas, Sony said they would try to have the most powerful console next-gen, won't happen.

I know what most responses are gonna be like as this forum is a PS centric circus lately but still worth stating some facts.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
4 community based games that need a wider userbase to survive going multiplatform hence bringing more money to MS and making Xbox healthier.

They're gonna announce 10 new games this 2024 while Sony just announced no new first party games for the rest of 2024.

Also they announced a new ultra powerful Xbox for Christmas, Sony said they would try to have the most powerful console next-gen, won't happen.

I know what most responses are gonna be like as this forum is a PS centric circus lately but still worth stating some facts.

eMwy741.gif

Three

You're setting yourself up for disappointment there. They didn't say they're going to announce 10 new games. They said they have 10 major releases this year:

"This 2024, the year coming up, we've got more than 10 major releases coming up"

And that includes stuff like Hellblade and the Diablo 4 expansion, not new unannounced games.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Sony never said they weren't going to announce or release new games this year, they were talking about games from major existing PlayStation franchises. Concord is slated to release this year and Astrobot is rumored.

They just released a hit in Helldivers this year, likely going to be bigger than Starfield, Redfall, and Hi-Fi Rush combined.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Charlie Brown Football GIF

Like absolute clockwork, every time. Phil spews some PR bullshit, and all the Xbox true believers eat it up. It's farcical at this stage.

None of them quashed the rumours that XBox was going third party with more titles in the future. If this happens, they can bleat as much as they like about the best console or the most games... nobody is going to be buying an XBox anymore.

There's nothing 'PS-centric' about being critical of the terrible messaging that's come out of XBox for many years, and the endless empty promises that never amounted to anything.

Series X remains the most wasted console in video games history.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You're setting yourself up for disappointment there. They didn't say they're going to announce 10 new games. They said they have 10 major releases this year:

"This 2024, the year coming up, we've got more than 10 major releases coming up"

And that includes stuff like Hellblade and the Diablo 4 expansion, not new unannounced games.

Still looks to be a hell of a lot of games. An infinite amount more games than what the competition has announced from their first party studios.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
The difference is that the competition knows how to make them

You are just a trolling fanboy at this point. that is now in the anger stage that things didnt go your way so you are projecting your anger at others.

Keep it coming, reading your posts and others over rhe last 24 hours is gold.

Also, how do you know they know how to make good games if they aren't releasing any?

The biggest studio of Sony just cancelled their game because they didn't know what they were doing with it. ND with last of us online.

It's also funny seeing users wanting microsoft to go third party then turn around and try and troll like you are right now

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

Bernardougf

Gold Member
You are just a trolling fanboy at this point. that is now in the anger stage that things didnt go your way so you are projecting your anger at others.

Keep it coming, reading your posts and others over rhe last 24 hours is gold.

Also, how do you know they know how to make good games if they aren't releasing any?

The biggest studio of Sony just cancelled their game because they didn't know what they were doing with it. ND with last of us online.

It's also funny seeing users wanting microsoft to go third party then turn around and try and troll like you are right now

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO
MuS9ThJ.jpg

NeonDelta

About these “facts”
4 community based games that need a wider userbase to survive going multiplatform hence bringing more money to MS and making Xbox healthier. - 2 community games

They're gonna announce 10 new games this 2024 while Sony just announced no new first party games for the rest of 2024. - they have 10 games coming out, that includes previously announced games, Sony said no major franchises games, not no new games.

Also they announced a new ultra powerful Xbox for Christmas, Sony said they would try to have the most powerful console next-gen, won't happen. - they said they will talk about new hardware in the holiday season not release it then

Not a single thing you said is a fact

Damigos

1, i agree i guess. Though they should be healthier from the beginning.
2. You should count exclusives during the whole generation and you should judge them on their quality, not how many there are.
3. No, they said they committed on the roadmap for next gen (around 3 years, not this christmas).
I usually dont break down points, but i think it fitted my response.
Remember to enjoy the games, not the companies

Neolombax

This rooting for a company that doesn't care about gamers but only their wallets, is very amusing and at the same time interesting to watch. So many are riled up!

Console wars are amazing.

Last edited:

Mooreberg

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone right now. There's no way some you are this delusional, it can't be.
I found the whole thing to be too bland to generate this kind of response from any direction. Microsoft, as it pertains to this hardware cycle, is not exiting the console business. PlayStation will get some games that probably don't accomplish what Phil seems to be hoping for in terms winning over new customers.

Maybe the Diablo IV release starts a trend where we could at least see back catalog COD campaigns on Game Pass.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Three

Still looks to be a hell of a lot of games. An infinite amount more games than what the competition has announced from their first party studios.
And expansions, keep in mind that a lot of their releases are multiplat releases too. Things like CoD, and the Diablo 4 expansion. Wouldn't even be surprised if they're including the rumoured PS/Switch releases in that.

Just setting expectations to avoid disappointment. They only said "XGS has 10 major releases this year" and the OP literally read that as "They're gonna announce 10 new games in 2024" .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom