• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is now stronger and more alive than ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
That
How to shill for xbox.

- pretend you are neutral
- pick a Nintendo icon username and avatar
- praise xbox showcases
- talk shit about ps showcases
- collect cheque
Thats why I said that Senjutsu abide all the crazyness still owns his fanboyism with pride and I can respect that.... this Im a Neutral fanboy routine that dont fool anyone is just pathetic and sad.

Last edited:
A few things......

2 of the games are not community based, 2 are. Either way they have felt the games will benefit from more exposure.

No, Sony said "we do not plan to release any new major existing franchise".

This means that they can release first party games that are either new franchises or smaller (not major) games.

No, Sarah Bond stated...

"There's some exciting things coming in hardware that we are going to announce this holiday and we're also investing in the next generation roadmap, and what we're really focussed on the is delivering the biggest technical leap you will have ever seen in a hardware generation"

Meaning that the hardware this Christmas is likely to not be the powerful machine. I would also be cautious on any claims MS make in relation to hardware power in general.

I think you need to investigate the word facts.
Bond is probably creaming her pants regarding bespoke hardware for ML & Path Tracing. Hence that, "greatest ever technical leap in a generation" stuff she's now peddling around like an imbecile. First it was hyping up hardware features like Vrs and Mesh shading (as if it's that which gamers actually cared about) and when that didn't move units, they went all out and gunned for large publishers , snatching out the largest one in existence currently.

When that didn't spark up people's interest for more than a millisecond, they're now exploring other avenues such as dropping certain franchises to rival platforms and even trying their damnest to inflate gamepass numbers, by transitioning Gold to GP Core and converting those users to increase numbers. Remember when we were in denial claiming that Xbox games wouldn't ever come out day and date on PC as well? Now we're looking at that and going "well, look at how that shit turned out".

It's strange that even after all that corporate double speak that the Microsoft figureheads have been regurgitating around since before the gen even started, that people haven't yet gotten privy of the things ejaculated all over the place by Phil and Co. It's a shame that even after all of that, people haven't learnt a thing about not trusting an ounce of what Microsoft "Gaming" is saying and will continue to say.

When your damnest of efforts have failed to move the needle, to the point where the future of your division is threatened, you know you fucked up. This isn't the 360 generation anymore, when they were truly at their peak creativity levels. Those days are long gone.

Not gonna lie. I'm interested in all of these (removed Starfield as this is done)

Clockwork revolution I have a feeling will be a massive surprise, inXile never misses.
Avowed is effectively FPS Pillars of Eternity.. so yes? Yes please.
Yeah xbox has the variety. Said this during last years e3. Management will try and rush all of those games to market though.

4 community based games that need a wider userbase to survive going multiplatform hence bringing more money to MS and making Xbox healthier.

They're gonna announce 10 new games this 2024 while Sony just announced no new first party games for the rest of 2024.

Also they announced a new ultra powerful Xbox for Christmas, Sony said they would try to have the most powerful console next-gen, won't happen.

I know what most responses are gonna be like as this forum is a PS centric circus lately but still worth stating some facts.

This post has to be a trolling attempt.

No rational person believes any of what you said. If you genuinely believe Microsoft’s PR bullshit then you are in for severe disappointment.

Full third party is coming

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Holy shit, It’s an old fashioned console war thread! I haven’t seen one of these in ages!

ManaByte

Gold Member
2 of the games are not community based, 2 are. Either way they have felt the games will benefit from more exposure.

One is Hi-Fi Rush and they're obviously making a sequel, so getting more exposure for it will benefit the second game when it releases as an exclusive on Xbox.

The other is Pentiment, which is a short and very niche adventure game set in the 16th century church that cost almost nothing to make as it was done by a tiny team of 13 people within Obsidian as a passion project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom