• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox France: There are not enough Xbox Series X in circulation to meet demand this holiday. (Supply shortage)

PanzerCute

I dont believe it, you can litteraly find towers of SeX in every big tech retailer here for months.
I am not even mentionning SES, which has always been available at stores since launch.

Chukhopops

Series X/S have never been hard to find in France, this is PR stunt to create artificial FOMO. Xbox isn't very big here and has never been.
PS5s are nearly impossible to get since day 1 though, unless you are subscribed to like 30 sites with alerts on, and can pull the trigger in less than a minute, which only scalpers (with tools) and insane people will do.
sexy the walking dead GIF

Amazon and Micromania both have reservation systems, the wait time was around 1-2 weeks in the summer and you had 24h to confirm the purchase or lose your spot.

Mind boggingly that neither MS nor Sony have figured out a waiting list system, where loyal long year customers get benefical treatment, people willing to preorder some games alongside maybe too, everyone else gets their number by date of expressed interest, or whatever and also distribute proper amounts to individual suppliers and countries. amazon.fr not having stock, while amazon.de, .co.uk (and amazon.es ... probably) currently has, is weird. Should even be a thing to redirect some units within amazon, if France has too few, when other places have them on stock at least for some weeks now. At least even it out within Europe if America anyway seem to get more units from both since it's a much closer race there and a unit on visible stock there seems weirdly to be more important than a sold unit here.

People wasting time looking for their desired product on several websites all over Europe they never used before and won't use in the future, amazon being too dumb to direct their stock accordingly, Sony and MS not wanting to alienate their traditional system too much with a lot more direct sales. Demand is still high, PS5 especially, and instead of figuring out a somewhat okay fair system the only winning people in that circus are scalpers adding nothing to anything but the price. Sony Direct might start in more countries maybe next year, or something, while MS might not need it currently but once more people figure out that their hw is good, and Gamepass and the games lineup sees a steady flow of AAA first party it might also change a bit.

Its a blessing for me. More polishing, instead of bugs (unless bethesda does bethesda).
I’m actually still expecting bugs even if they delay it until the next XBOX console arrives. I don’t even think Bethesda can touch Cyberpunk’s glitch’s at launch though.

sainraja

There are plenty of Series S at a Best Buy near me. They had Series X too not long ago but on my last visit they were gone. Never seen a PS5 there yet though.
I also just thought I'd share. :D

Tiamat2san

We had 15 series x last week where i work (fnac in a medium size town in France)
They sold in 3/4 days.

Once people know we have them in stock they sell pretty quickly.
The demand is higher for PS5 of course but still , it sells way more than the one /s/X ever did.

Ronin_7

Banned
Sony actually said they would beat their prior forecast, not sure where you get that 'same for SONY ' when SONY themselves said they will beat the 18M forecast.

feynoob

Banned
We had 15 series x last week where i work (fnac in a medium size town in France)
They sold in 3/4 days.

Once people know we have them in stock they sell pretty quickly.
The demand is higher for PS5 of course but still , it sells way more than the one /s/X ever did.
Usually, holidays is when people buy stuff in masses. So you would really need a huge stock for that.
Especially for parents who are trying to buy consoles for their kids.

Right now, it's little bit light.

Kvally

Banned
I was at Target today (NY). They had 1 Series X, 2 Series S consoles, 4 Series X all access.

They also had about 4 Switch regular consoles, 2 OLED Switches, and a bunch of Switch lites.

They had 0 PS5 consoles.

Just thought id share.
My local Best Buy this past Saturday when I was there had 3 PS5s, 2 Xbox Series Xs and like 20+ Series S consoles.

Mercador

"According to the director of Xbox France, there are not enough consoles in circulation to meet demand, and the shortage will not be reduced immediately."

So you are telling me that some exec said there's not enough consoles and there will be shortage? It almost feels like a pump and dump scheme.

Est-ce que c'est possible de lire l'article original en français, parfois c'est une erreur de traduction quoique j'en doute fort.

Chukhopops

"According to the director of Xbox France, there are not enough consoles in circulation to meet demand, and the shortage will not be reduced immediately."

So you are telling me that some exec said there's not enough consoles and there will be shortage? It almost feels like a pump and dump scheme.

Est-ce que c'est possible de lire l'article original en français, parfois c'est une erreur de traduction quoique j'en doute fort.
It’s here but paywalled: https://www.challenges.fr/high-tech...i-la-penurie-dure-toujours-2-ans-apres_834123

Look at Japan sales.
  • Xbox Series S – 1,921 (209,115)
  • Xbox Series X – 1,753 (166,556)
Xss is 55% in japan.

Now imagine USA or UK.

You're poor math aside.

Xbox Series X has been supply constrained in Japan. There are weeks where S has sold thousands and the X has sold triple digits or less. So there is a demand issue there (shocking as that may seem.)

However, the other issue of whether the XSS is easier to produce than the X is unknown. People assume this is the case because the S is weaker and cheaper, but they aren't considering the unique parts for the S, how strong it actually is related to other tech and compared to the X and PS5, and the fact it's using current chip technology in a smaller form factor than the Xbox One X.

It COULD be possible Microsoft is losing more money on the S and X, but we won't know until Phil stops being vague.

This was always the case, and always the concern. Series S is simply not pulling its weight sales-wise. The idea was that by making a "cheap" system available Day 1, the casuals and mainstream who tended to wait until the mid-point in a console cycle before jumping in (when slim revisions and price cuts of the system would be out), would jump in much earlier.

Turns out, you still need a perception of value aside from a low price to pull them in. The Wii had that thanks to motion controls and Wii Fit. I think MS were hoping GamePass would be that golden ticket for them in the case of Series S, but I don't think it's going quite the way they hoped, and lack of enough compelling 1P Day 1 games is probably the reason. Maybe we can look back at Wii Sports and say it was an indie-type game in terms of budget or scale, which is probably true, but it still transcended that and entered the mainstream because of the controller innovation, a way of interacting with the game that the mainstream didn't experience before. That was the hook, not simply the way in which the game was provided for them to access.

And I bring all that up, to show the contrast between demand for, say Series S, and the PS5. Sony still can't meet demand even having increased supply copiously in the past few months, and the price increase in non-US markets hasn't slowed down sales, either. They just had their best week in Japan in a very long time recently, and that was one of such markets the price went up. PS5 may absolutely lose to Series S in terms of the outright dollar-cost value, but it curb-stomps it in the perception of non-monetary value. That's just going to get harder for Xbox (but again, particularly the Series S) to deal with next year because of not only PSVR2 (which I think will do a lot better than some people are making it seem it will), but also due to the real threat: the rumored Revision D PS5 units that will feature the fit-to-form detachable Blu-Ray disc drives.

Production costs for PS5 in general will probably scale down a decent bit as they ramp up production of those new models and phase out the current ones, and that could provide room for at least a strategically-timed, temporary price cut for a discless model in time for the holiday 2023 shopping season. AFAIK, there ae no plans for Series X or S hardware refreshes in 2023, and the one I THOUGHT they would have done, Project Keystone, has apparently been cancelled. MS are already losing money on each Series S unit, they are already suggesting they will raise the cost of both systems early 2023 (probably by $50), so even if a Revision D, discless PS5 comes out next September for the standard price, at least in America that is $399 compared to a potential $349 Series S. Then add in the threat of a possible seasonal pricing cut? You'd have to be absolutely stupid to pick up a $349 Series S over a $349 discless PS5 Slim (or equivalent) which can, among other things, be used as a disc system via buying a fit-to-form disc upgrade.

That's why it's so important Microsoft establishes some strong key 1P releases for 2023. Honestly there's nothing they can do to "take the lead" over Sony; that time is gone. But if they make sure Starfield is as good as it can possibly be on Day 1, that RedFall succeeds where Back4Blood failed, that maybe Hellblade II is ready for a 2023 release, that there's some really good gameplay out there for Perfect Dark & Avowed, and they actually start prioritizing Series X production over the S...they can possibly stay within a respectable ballpark to whatever momentum PS5 inevitably gains for the year. Basically, it won't be a complete blowout for Xbox as a brand.

But if they can't manage that, and drop the ball, then yeah, I think it's fair to say most aspirations for seriously recovering ground from the 8th gen will have been dashed. But at least even in that case, they can weather the storm and build goodwill towards whatever 10th-gen will bring from them. That at least is a silver lining.

feynoob

Banned
You're poor math aside.

Xbox Series X has been supply constrained in Japan. There are weeks where S has sold thousands and the X has sold triple digits or less. So there is a demand issue there (shocking as that may seem.)

However, the other issue of whether the XSS is easier to produce than the X is unknown. People assume this is the case because the S is weaker and cheaper, but they aren't considering the unique parts for the S, how strong it actually is related to other tech and compared to the X and PS5, and the fact it's using current chip technology in a smaller form factor than the Xbox One X.

It COULD be possible Microsoft is losing more money on the S and X, but we won't know until Phil stops being vague.
Xss has twice wafer as xsx. Due to its apu being smaller than xsx.
Read #61

Last edited:
This was always the case, and always the concern. Series S is simply not pulling its weight sales-wise. The idea was that by making a "cheap" system available Day 1, the casuals and mainstream who tended to wait until the mid-point in a console cycle before jumping in (when slim revisions and price cuts of the system would be out), would jump in much earlier.

Turns out, you still need a perception of value aside from a low price to pull them in. The Wii had that thanks to motion controls and Wii Fit. I think MS were hoping GamePass would be that golden ticket for them in the case of Series S, but I don't think it's going quite the way they hoped, and lack of enough compelling 1P Day 1 games is probably the reason. Maybe we can look back at Wii Sports and say it was an indie-type game in terms of budget or scale, which is probably true, but it still transcended that and entered the mainstream because of the controller innovation, a way of interacting with the game that the mainstream didn't experience before. That was the hook, not simply the way in which the game was provided for them to access.

And I bring all that up, to show the contrast between demand for, say Series S, and the PS5. Sony still can't meet demand even having increased supply copiously in the past few months, and the price increase in non-US markets hasn't slowed down sales, either. They just had their best week in Japan in a very long time recently, and that was one of such markets the price went up. PS5 may absolutely lose to Series S in terms of the outright dollar-cost value, but it curb-stomps it in the perception of non-monetary value. That's just going to get harder for Xbox (but again, particularly the Series S) to deal with next year because of not only PSVR2 (which I think will do a lot better than some people are making it seem it will), but also due to the real threat: the rumored Revision D PS5 units that will feature the fit-to-form detachable Blu-Ray disc drives.

Production costs for PS5 in general will probably scale down a decent bit as they ramp up production of those new models and phase out the current ones, and that could provide room for at least a strategically-timed, temporary price cut for a discless model in time for the holiday 2023 shopping season. AFAIK, there ae no plans for Series X or S hardware refreshes in 2023, and the one I THOUGHT they would have done, Project Keystone, has apparently been cancelled. MS are already losing money on each Series S unit, they are already suggesting they will raise the cost of both systems early 2023 (probably by $50), so even if a Revision D, discless PS5 comes out next September for the standard price, at least in America that is $399 compared to a potential $349 Series S. Then add in the threat of a possible seasonal pricing cut? You'd have to be absolutely stupid to pick up a $349 Series S over a $349 discless PS5 Slim (or equivalent) which can, among other things, be used as a disc system via buying a fit-to-form disc upgrade.

That's why it's so important Microsoft establishes some strong key 1P releases for 2023. Honestly there's nothing they can do to "take the lead" over Sony; that time is gone. But if they make sure Starfield is as good as it can possibly be on Day 1, that RedFall succeeds where Back4Blood failed, that maybe Hellblade II is ready for a 2023 release, that there's some really good gameplay out there for Perfect Dark & Avowed, and they actually start prioritizing Series X production over the S...they can possibly stay within a respectable ballpark to whatever momentum PS5 inevitably gains for the year. Basically, it won't be a complete blowout for Xbox as a brand.

But if they can't manage that, and drop the ball, then yeah, I think it's fair to say most aspirations for seriously recovering ground from the 8th gen will have been dashed. But at least even in that case, they can weather the storm and build goodwill towards whatever 10th-gen will bring from them. That at least is a silver lining.

The Xbox Series consoles are getting further ahead of the XBO/360 while the PS5 is starting to move further behind the PS3 and are also not shipping what they are expecting. IN 3 of the top markets which are also Xboxes strongest, the PS5 is less than 1 million units ahead, in the US by a few hundred thousand units.

The notion that XBS is in trouble it may be a blow out, or the Series S isn't selling is simply roflcopter.

Xbox has recovered and maintained a close competitive edge were most consoles are currently selling with supply issues mostly off the S, and this year 2022 they basically didn't have a single game and they are still selling further from the 360/XBO while PS5 is falling more and more behind the PS4 selling strongly. Even in places were the PS5 wins a month like UK or Eastern Europe PS5 is down a % from the PS4 and the XBS is up a % compared to XBO/360.

If anything Xbox Series would be ahead or even if they had some games to light the candle this year, and not just any games but well-received or acclaimed games that aren't bad bets like several of their third-party console exclusives last gen, or their Quantum Breaks and Screamrides for FP games.

If Microsoft actually has good promos this holiday and releases the games they promise to with no more delays in early 2023 things will change. The fact both XBS and PS5 are selling out anywhere two years in is due to mostly next gen hype and promises but that won't last forever (PS5 software sales in japan are abysmal the sales will crater if they can't get games to sell there too) but at least the Xbox has managed to hold off with services, but outside a handful of good games, Halo Infinite disappointment, and delays Xbox needs to pick up the pace before even services like Gamepass alone won't be able to drive hype anymore.

EdGalTBR

Banned

What a bunch of crap.

PS5 Digital revision for U$349,90 vs Xbox Series S for U$349,90?

Series S will be sold for U$249,90 this Black Friday and Microsoft will raise it's price to U$349,90 next year?

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Usually, holidays is when people buy stuff in masses. So you would really need a huge stock for that.
Especially for parents who are trying to buy consoles for their kids.

Right now, it's little bit light.
Yep,
There’s shortage so many items this year, it’s terrible.
For consoles of course but so many more.
Macbooks (air, m1 and 2 ) and other ultrabooks especially during the back to school period.
Gaming PCs…😭
Smartphones, tablets , there’s always something out of stock.
And the prices 😳
Fuck 2022
2023 will be better…
nah, it will be worse

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
What a bunch of crap.

Series S will be sold for U$249,90 this Black Friday and Microsoft will raise it's price to U$349,90 next year?
Its a fantasy world down there, especially with that $50 price increase on the current ps5 hardwares.

New versions would be more expensive. Sony wont release a ps5 with that price.

Drewpee

Banned
I was at Target today (NY). They had 1 Series X, 2 Series S consoles, 4 Series X all access.

They also had about 4 Switch regular consoles, 2 OLED Switches, and a bunch of Switch lites.

They had 0 PS5 consoles.

Just thought id share.
Impressive that you cared enough to remember specific models and total numbers stocked.

SenkiDala

XSX are litteraly on shelves in shops in France since months, wtf are they saying again.

EDIT : FFS it's even available NOW, IN STOCK, on AMAZON, delivery tomorrow. Fucking liars.
Capture-d-e-cran-2022-11-10-a-00-49-29.png

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Why are people bringing these stuff?
What would 1-5 consoles do for a whole group of people?

MS has 55+m userbase to statisfy, plus new users. They need to produce as much consoles as they can. You need more than that. Especially during holidays, where you are getting more than 20+ parents going to your store wanting these systems.

XSX are litteraly on shelves in shops in France since months, wtf are they saying again.

EDIT : FFS it's even available NOW, IN STOCK, on AMAZON, delivery tomorrow. Fucking liars.
Capture-d-e-cran-2022-11-10-a-00-49-29.png

No link aside, I doubt that millions of french consumers are all looking on Amazon for their consoles, when most console purchases are elsewhere. Then you have actual stores in-person were some provinces may have stock and others not.

I doubt he would say this without data. Xbox France director making this statement is extremely specific.

Lasha

lBczTEW.png

X-box series X available on Amazon FR right now. It's some kind of import from a portugese retailer but still..

Scalpers. I've been able to buy a JP or US PS5 from sellers for ages on my local Amazon. Official stock quickly dries up whenever the consoles are restocked.

The console is selling great. Don't get where you are getting this idea.

Both have different audience and targets.

I'm saying that for what the Series S was targeted to do, the type of people it was primarily designed to pull in, it isn't quite pulling its weight.

There's enough circumstantial evidence to provide this conclusion.

The Xbox Series consoles are getting further ahead of the XBO/360 while the PS5 is starting to move further behind the PS3 and are also not shipping what they are expecting.

Did you even read the Sony fiscal reports? They're planning for 18 million for FY 2022, had a 400% increase in shipped stock to NA for the holiday season, and have been beating Series in the US for the past few months even with supposed lower-than-expected supply (at least as you put it).

I don't know why me speculating Series are at a peak 14.5 million sold-through at this current date is so controversial. That is still ahead of XBO & 360, so what's the problem? It's a very realistic number given the data from Ampere, Statista, and Microsoft themselves. Sure it is not the 25 million Sony just stated for PS5, but it's still tracking ahead of 360 & XBO.

As for PS5, I don't know where you're getting the perception it's moving further behind PS3 and even if that were true, that obviously will not stay the case when Sony themselves project the sales curve to surpass the PS4's very soon, and we all know the PS4 both outsold PS3 and had a healthier sales curve.

IN 3 of the top markets which are also Xboxes strongest, the PS5 is less than 1 million units ahead, in the US by a few hundred thousand units.

We actually don't know how true this is and if it were true, then MS has an even bigger problem in ROTW than I would have thought. In fact, it would almost be to the point where they have lost marketshare in many of the ROTW markets compared to even the XBO generation.

And yes, I'm going with the (max) 14.5 million sold-through number as the basis of that thought.

The notion that XBS is in trouble it may be a blow out, or the Series S isn't selling is simply roflcopter.

Again, look at the likely sales gap. 25 million vs 14.5 million, or a 1.72:1 sales ratio. General perception of ecosystem library value gaining momentum for PS5 (GOW Ragnarok, PSVR2, Forspoken, FF XVI, lead platform for MP games like SF VI, Tekken 8, RE4 Remake, other exclusives like SH2 Remake, Spiderman 2 etc.) vs possible stagnation for Series (Forza is "basically" just more Forza, Starfield is an unknown and could end up mid, RedFall could end up good but not something super-popular, no idea if Hellblade II or Avowed will launch next year, no VR support planned, etc.).

That's the way I see it, anyway. I mean honestly, if you ask someone in the mainstream which of those lineups jumps out to them more, they're very likely going to go with the PS5's. So whatever Microsoft puts out there is going to have to be very special, and marketed big time.

Xbox has recovered and maintained a close competitive edge were most consoles are currently selling with supply issues mostly off the S, and this year 2022 they basically didn't have a single game and they are still selling further from the 360/XBO while PS5 is falling more and more behind the PS4 selling strongly. Even in places were the PS5 wins a month like UK or Eastern Europe PS5 is down a % from the PS4 and the XBS is up a % compared to XBO/360.

You've got wires mixed up big time here. Again, yes Series is doing well this gen, especially for Xbox standards, and it's trending ahead of 360 & XBO, but it's not by nearly as much as yourself or some others seem to think. Just take the Statista data, the Ampere data, Microsoft's own data, extrapolate some numbers, add some (realistic) extra sales on top and you have a good range of possible Series sales and they're good but are 10.5 million by PS5 for sold-through. That's the likely reality, unless Microsoft themselves have different numbers and want to share them, but we know they don't talk Series numbers.

You're trying to make it sound like PS5 is falling behind PS4 as if it's a demand issue, when that is clearly not the case. When PS5 started tracking behind PS4, that was down to very constrained supply. Supply which has improved considerably in the past few months, and we see the results of that with them outselling even the Switch in Japan this past week, outselling Series in NA for the past two months, outselling them in the UK. Whether they outsold Xbox by a lot or a little doesn't really matter, because if the idea is that PS5 supply is still abysmal...what does that say about Xbox's supply?

There's a reason Sony's own internal projections have PS5 surpassing PS4 time-aligned by Spring 2023; supply has been getting better and the demand is still there, in fact increasing with releases like GOW Ragnarok and the upcoming PSVR2. I think you also underestimate just how well PS4 did in those markets where PS5 won for a given month or week and tracked behind, and overestimate how well 360 and XBO did in markets in the same region where Series won ahead of them.

If anything Xbox Series would be ahead or even if they had some games to light the candle this year, and not just any games but well-received or acclaimed games that aren't bad bets like several of their third-party console exclusives last gen, or their Quantum Breaks and Screamrides for FP games.

I strongly doubt that. You don't just suddenly unlock momentum; it is earned over persistent, consistent efforts over a gradual period of time. At the end of the day you are speaking of hypothetical games that may or may not have done much for the system sales-wise, but last Fall they had both FH5 and Halo Infinite itself and those didn't help push it to even sales with PS5, let alone ahead.

By this logic then, are FH5 and Halo Infinite bad bets? Does a bad bet mean a bad game? FH5's a great game...Halo Infinite is, well, dead. The lack of easy predictability with MS 1P and AAA exclusives in terms of quality (or the cache they can have with the wider audience) is a whole other topic of discussion, however.

If Microsoft actually has good promos this holiday and releases the games they promise to with no more delays in early 2023 things will change. The fact both XBS and PS5 are selling out anywhere two years in is due to mostly next gen hype and promises but that won't last forever (PS5 software sales in japan are abysmal the sales will crater if they can't get games to sell there too) but at least the Xbox has managed to hold off with services, but outside a handful of good games, Halo Infinite disappointment, and delays Xbox needs to pick up the pace before even services like Gamepass alone won't be able to drive hype anymore.

You bring up PS5 software sales in Japan being abysmal as some indication the platform is failing, but at least it's actually had games chart in Famitsu Top 30. Xbox Series has not had a single game break the Top 30 in that region, so any arguments WRT to supposed "real" PS5 performance in Japan (like the systems are just being scalped out the country), would apply even more so to Series X and S, because software sales there are even worst. Although, it's true that many Japanese retailers don't carry physical Xbox copies to sell, so most sales would be digital in that region. Yet we ALSO know digital trends very strongly for PlayStation these days as well, so it's either the Famitsu Top 30 either includes digital sales (in which case, if PS5 is doing poor with software sales, Series software sales would truly be near-non existent), or only tracks physical (in which case, if the assumption is that Series software is actually selling well in Japan through the storefront, why would that logic NOT apply to PS5?).

We know GamePass would not be the contributing factor there, because in terms of 3P AAA releases and even quite a few AA and indie releases, they don't hit GamePass Day 1 and that goes for all regions. If the argument is that low software sales for Series in Japan is not a bad thing because of GamePass, then by default that's saying the gamers there are buying the system for a large backlog of older games through the service...which they can do on PS5 anyway with PS+/Extra/Premium(Deluxe), not to mention PS Catalogue. And let's suppose that PS+ would not be as enticing in that respect because maybe Japanese gamers have already played those games, so GamePass would be a good backlog for MS 1P content on the cheap for them. Then, why does that appeal not transfer over to stylistically analogous games belonging to the brand like Deathloop, in getting more sales than they have seen (and that's with the fact the game is now available on Xbox).

Speaking of Deathloop, and sticking with this Japan example (but it can be applicable to global market), if the game being on GamePass hasn't garnered it a notable increase in sales, doesn't that work against the long-held idea that GamePass boosts software sales in general? I mean we've had enough examples where that isn't the case, even for indie games, but I'm sure that idea is going to pop up again in the near future as if it is a universal truth.

Needless to say, there's a lot to unpack with that part of your statement which is just wrong, like the idea Series is selling out everywhere (when we know the S is not as in-demand as the X, that they have had to do aggressive promotional pricing discounts and free game giveaways for the S even here in America in the middle of summer, that part of the $100 - $200 loss per Xbox is (IMO) probably due to unsold Series S units sitting around, etc), or that PS5 is only selling off of next-gen hype (it's selling off of its own hype; if "next-gen hype" were a thing then it would be universal meaning Series S would also be selling out which it clearly isn't), but I just needed to focus on the Japan example because it's always a go-to but people don't seem to understand the implications of what they want to get across when using it as a way to try implying PS5 is doing poorly there.

What a bunch of crap.

Phil Spencer suggested in a recent interview that they could consider increasing prices in early 2023. Obviously, they wouldn't do that in the holiday season, but rather wait until the busy shopping period has concluded.

That suggestion of a price increase next year is on the record, BTW.

feynoob

Banned
I'm saying that for what the Series S was targeted to do, the type of people it was primarily designed to pull in, it isn't quite pulling its weight.

There's enough circumstantial evidence to provide this conclusion.
Your conclusion is wrong.
The people you are talking are the majority of console owners.

Those who play fifa, cod, sport games, f2p games. Xss can play all those games for them.

Look at Japan split between xsx and xss.

Based on what? Most of the S sales will not be forum gamers but people who want to enter next gen at a good price, and due to Xbox X shortages has been doing the legwork of most of the sales in Xboxes strongest countries and the XBS is ahead aligned with 360 and One, I would say it's doing exactly the job it was meant to otherwise, there might only be 6 Million XBS sold so far as the X has only just recently increased production.

Did you even read the Sony fiscal reports? They're planning for 18 million for FY 2022, had a 400% increase in shipped stock to NA for the holiday season, and have been beating Series in the US for the past few months even with supposed lower-than-expected supply (at least as you put it).

Yes, I also heard Sony report they didn't ship what they wanted, the XBS is still up YOY, and the XBS console and the PS5 in the US are literally only a few hundred K apart and the Xbox Series just had a whole year without any games. If the Xbox had games this year it wouldn't be surprising that small gap was covered.

I don't know why me speculating Series are at a peak 14.5 million sold-through at this current date is so controversial.

It's "controversial" because it's made up, you know it's made up, I linked to the evidence in multiple places why it doesn't align with the information that's out here which you intentionally chose to ignore so you can believe a fake number. That's the truth about it.

I find it curious you'll use a poorly estimated low number for XBS to push the narrative the S isn't selling when it's been leading sales because of X shortage, but you wouldn't look at OTHER estimates that have different number.

Again, look at the likely sales gap. 25 million vs 14.5 million, or a 1.72:1 sales ratio.

Likely based on fake numbers that have very little supporting it, and the only ones you want to believe while ignoring all the other estimates with better support. You have no reason to think 14.5 million is "likely" none zero, and you know this but agendas agendas.

I also want to point out that weak estimate is from months ago, so the PS5 has JUST sold 25 Million, but using your logic the XBS hasn't sold any units for months and is still at the fake 14.5 million?

You've got wires mixed up big time here. Again, yes Series is doing well this gen, especially for Xbox standards, and it's trending ahead of 360 & XBO, but it's not by nearly as much as yourself or some others seem to think.

You're saying this with no evidence, meanwhile, there are reports popping up of Xbox being up here and there and an increase in this country over there, and little to no reports of XBS being down. Just recently in the UK, PS5 led that report but was down and XBS was up, just one example.

You're trying to make it sound like PS5 is falling behind PS4 as if it's a demand issue,

No i didn't, you're making yourself read it that way for the console wars.

The PS5 has been trailing more away from the PS4 even with recent months of increased production aligned. That doesn't mean that because the XBS is mostly up from the One/360 that the XBS is going to "beat" the PS5 WW anytime soon, which seems to be what you THINK I said, but no.

Whether they outsold Xbox by a lot or a little doesn't really matter, because if the idea is that PS5 supply is still abysmal...what does that say about Xbox's supply?

Nothing, the XBS supply is fine, you're just having a hard time splitting the X from the S, if there were more X stock along with the S sales the sales units would obviously be higher. That's a problem for Microsoft to solve. The PS5 has it's main SKU as the main unit produced with PS5D not even being seen in some areas for months, where both X and S Xboxes are trying to share production and shipments to store shelves. These are two different business models.

You're overestimating the PS5 and underestimating the Xbox, and when it's noted the PS5 is falling behind the PS4 you are equating that to failure and the XBS is catching up, outside of the US and UK and Mexico, this isn't the case. You need to look at the whole picture and not the console war.

You bring up PS5 software sales in Japan being abysmal as some indication the platform is failing,

No, that's something you want to believe and completely made up. This is what you quoted

The fact both XBS and PS5 are selling out anywhere two years in is due to mostly next gen hype and promises but that won't last forever (PS5 software sales in japan are abysmal the sales will crater if they can't get games to sell there too) but at least the Xbox has managed to hold off with services, but outside a handful of good games, Halo Infinite disappointment, and delays Xbox needs to pick up the pace before even services like Gamepass alone won't be able to drive hype anymore.

What this says is PS5 AND XBS need to get more games out and can't just sell on new consoles smell alone. I brought up the PS5 in Japan as an example if it selling over 2 million units recently, but with software sales of an Xbox 360. That's not good and is a major disconnect that needs to be resolved before the honeymoon period is over.

I also used a similar example with the XBS, bringing up how there were a handful of good games, but then you had delays and disappointments like Halo Infinite, and that Microsoft needs to pick up the pace before the XBS honeymoon period is over two.

You just took the Japan sentence out of context for the console war when Made the same observation for both consoles. Then when on arguing about Xbox sales in Japan which I never even brought up.

The rest of your post is also just as fabricated, I didn't say the "S" was selling out "everywhere", and your gamepass complaints about not driving software sales relied on you referencing developers that complained about it but not the ones that didn't, I didn't even bring up what you were arguing about anyway.

Your whole post is grossly dishonest and misleading.

That is not what he said at all. He said that he could see prices increasing at some point but it wouldn't be this holiday season. He didn't give a timeframe.

Yeah people have been quick to go to war over that statement out of context, including some gaming "experts" or whatever.

Last edited:
Your conclusion is wrong.
The people you are talking are the majority of console owners.

Those who play fifa, cod, sport games, f2p games. Xss can play all those games for them.

Look at Japan split between xsx and xss.

That split is due to X shortages, earlier the X was ahead of the S until they switched sides. Again as i said before and you avoided, there are weeks where the S has sold thousands and the X was in the triple digits.

feynoob

Banned
That split is due to X shortages, earlier the X was ahead of the S until they switched sides. Again as i said before and you avoided, there are weeks where the S has sold thousands and the X was in the triple digits.
I already stated that xss is easier to produce, unlike xsx.
It's normal for xss to outsell xsx, due to that. Shortages or no shortages.
It's all depends on which device MS would want to focus on.
If they want to gain the market share faster, xss would make more sense.

Top Bottom