• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K22 Review Thread

2K16 was the last one I played, and I have to agree. My son and I have just been going ham on this the last couple days. Last ones I really enjoyed were DoR, Smackdown 2 and WCW/NWO Revenge.
It really is bro. I got my nephews coming over this weekend after I told them I had it, they already asking if they can stay the weekend. I gotta practice the next few days so they don't wash me when they get here :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I just won my first Hell in a Cell match with stone cold and I had the sound jacked up, when I hit the stunner and the crowd went crazy that shxt was wild...People who play these yearly probably could pick this apart, but from someone who never plays wrestling games like this im having a great time with this one

shoplifter

“We’ll never be able to compete with the production values of WWE’s game. 2K22 is absolutely gorgeous, I’m excited to see all their bells and whistles.”

Nothing about GAMEPLAY which is supposed to be based on the AKI engine.

I expect that it's going to end up as some sort of Yukes/AKI hybrid since Yukes is working on it and Geta is doing some sort of advisory. The only better thing they could do is hire a bunch of Spike employees to work on it too, getting the best of all three worlds.

njean777

So here is a story: I purchased the deluxe edition on PS5 at GameStop (actual retail store) and due to shipping at their store it got delayed and I never got it 3 days early, Just got it today. They compensated me 20$ due to not getting the game when I was suppose to, so I was fine with that. Then I get home and open the game to install, well come to find out they sold me the standard edition, and there is not a season pass on the receipt or in the game box itself. So not only did they screw up the shipping, they also screwed up and gave me the wrong edition of the game I paid for. So I am stuck with an open standard edition, no season pass, and now having to go up there for a third time (with gas being as high as it is) in order to see how they can rectify this.....

GladiusFrog

Perhaps I was wrong and judged the development team to soon. Got home today and downloaded the newest 1.05 patch on PS4. Was able to finally play the game without constant crashes for six straight uninterrupted hours... The gameplay has clicked and if the devs can get all the kinks out, this game might be the best in the series in some time.

I hope Share-play on PS4 gets fixed because playing myGM with a friend over the net would be a lot of fun.

Actually looking forward to playing more. (y)

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Anybody playing it on PC? How is the port?
Heard it's based of the PS4/Xb1 version. Haven't tried it myself.

I let my son go in to Community Creations tonight and first thing he did was make a fatal 4 way with Sonic, Shrek, Batman and Donald Trump.

I don't get zoomer humor.

He said "Dad it doesn't always have to be real."

i would have provably done the same when I was a kid

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

Lame. I'll try out the PS5 version later then.
Yeah, its based off the PS4/Xbox generation, but my friends who own it both on PC and PS5 say its exactly the same. Loads faster for PS5 users (Compared to PS4, etc) because of the SSD, but that's it I'm told.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Anybody playing it on PC? How is the port?
I played the PC port on my friend's PC yesterday and I must say, I'm mighty impressed. 4K, 60fps, graphics maxed out. It ran like a charm.

My only complaint is during intros and cutscenes where you do your special move or something in that nature, the frame rate drops down to 30fps. Like how MKX on pc drops to a locked 30 frames during intros, outros, x-rays and fatalities. I didn't see an option to change it to 60 frames, I hope they fix that or someone mods it.

We were having some issues with online services such as browsing custom skins and uploading skins, but I think thats a known issue with all versions of the game.

Had a lot of fun playing last night and considering picking it up myself.

** So I looked up how to unlock the cinematic scenes from 30 to 60 fps and you can change it in the config file. Gonna pass that info on to my friend.

Last edited:

Unk Adams

Banned
The WWE games have been extremely boring since they decided to turn it into a slow, generic simulation series. Nothing will beat the Aki games or the early Smackdown! games.

Unk Adams

Banned
Tell us you haven't played WWE2K22 without telling us you haven't played WWE2K22.
You're right, I haven't played it yet. My statement was based off of the past decade or more of WWE games. I'll reserve my judgment for this one once I play it since from what I've read is that they've improved it.

The WWE games have been extremely boring since they decided to turn it into a slow, generic simulation series. Nothing will beat the Aki games or the early Smackdown! games.
It’s really hard to beat the AKI games, but WWE2K22 so far seems more arcadey, less simulation-style and fast paced than the previous entries. I haven’t gotten the chance to play a lot of it yet, but so far I think it’s fun.

Unk Adams

Banned
It’s really hard to beat the AKI games, but WWE2K22 so far seems more arcadey, less simulation-style and fast paced than the previous entries. I haven’t gotten the chance to play a lot of it yet, but so far I think it’s fun.
It looks like I started shit talking too soon then. Glad to see they've gone into a better direction with this one.

Gerdav

This game has managed to drag me away from GT7 most of the weekend, they should really release a demo or a timed trial for this, it would help shift a ton of copies and create even more positive word of mouth.

Reactions: RNG

theclaw135

Banned
Unfortunately, a good sim isn't going to happen. Major promotions still want the innermost details of how matches are worked to remain an open secret.
All that stuff like the referee relaying the script to the wrestlers.

ManaByte

This game has managed to drag me away from GT7 most of the weekend, they should really release a demo or a timed trial for this, it would help shift a ton of copies and create even more positive word of mouth.
Easily the biggest surprise of 2022 so far.

njean777

Sorry forgot to update: they switched out the copy of my game for the deluxe edition no questions asked, even though it was open. Been playing and love it, really like the new gameplay and see myself playing my faction quite a bit. Happy they put out a good product finally since 2k19.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Looking at the big picture, WWE 2k22 is a much-needed improvement over the disastrous WWE 2k20. The revamped control scheme makes this entry a lot more inviting to newcomers, and the new Showcase mode is a great nostalgia trip for fans of the sport.

The returning MyGM mode has surprisingly deep simulation gameplay, but it caters to a very niche audience. However, underwhelming visual presentation and other glitches remain an issue with the latest entry - but it is a solid enough foundation for what's to come for future entries.

I bought it on the PSN store spring sale. Such a fun game with friends. Did an 8 man battle royale and I took out the guy who was using Brock then was closelined over the top rope to lose. Me and my mate just burst out laughing it was so funny how it happened.

RAIDEN1

So if I am correct in this game you can play as Shaun Michaels, Bam, Bam Bigalow, Yokozuna, Ultimate Warrior, Mr Perfect, Ted Dibiase et all?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Stacy Keibler
998d0b521d07115f66732e6d9198c3df.gif

I might actually buy this.
Wait do the women actually look like women this time though.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So finally picked it up and it's surprisingly good.
It's cool you get download areas from the past and attires
There's a lot to the game and it's fun.
Probably the best since Here Comes the Pain
And yes I downloaded Stacy 😏

Hayabusa83

Banned
I really like this game. Last two 2K games I really enjoyed were 2K19 and 2K14. In my opinion, no WWE game was as ambitious as 2K14. The 30 Years of Wrestlemania Mode was awesome. I still think Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (Japan's version of Wrestlemania 2000/No Mercy) is the best wrestling game ever though.

kiphalfton

Last time I played a wrestling game was WWF attitude. Good times.

Just got this game and played for a couple hours tonight. Seems pretty fun... but since it's been like 15+ years since I last watched wrestling it was difficult getting into it, since I don't know anybody from the roster other than legacy wrestlers.

I'd advise against buying it if you haven't watched wrestling in a long time. Having no "investment" in any of the current wrestlers made me not care about any of the entrances, move sets, etc. Even when I picked legacy wrestlers like Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Stone Cold, etc., it just felt weird pitting them against wrestlers I couldn't give two shits about since I have no clue who they are.

I'm sure there's DLC or whatever that has a lot of legacy characters, I just don't feel like paying any more than I did to get that since it probably costs way more than I want to pay for it.

Probably just going to go buy a copy of Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes the Pain, and use those two games to get my wrestling fix if ever need be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom