• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

LCfiner

That's a shame, because I hate opening iCal (dat faux leather!). I'm looking forward to it being a separate app. The majority of my reminders are filled with bullshit, and stuff that Siri gets wrong.

I hope somewhere, somehow all the faux-leather-shit in apps goes.

Just poof, overnight.

iPhone, iPad and in Mountain Lion. Just done.

I ended up getting Busycal from that macupdate bundle so I could use a calendar app with no faux leather.

It also has a nice editing pane on the side that makes it worth it for me. syncs with iCloud stuff just like ical

so, yeah, screw faux leather.

AngryMoth

you know what I wish apple would come out with?

a 15" iPad :3
I would love this thing so much even a 13" one would be a dream
Would be too heavy. Hell, the iPad is too heavy as it is imo. The amount of times I'm laying in bed reading with it or watching video and it falls and hits me on the bridge of the nose...hurts :p

you know what I wish apple would come out with?

a 15" iPad :3
I would love this thing so much even a 13" one would be a dream

How would you use a monster like that? You'd need some kind of stand for it nearly all the time, as it would be heavy and cumbersome to hold with one hand while you tap, scroll or what ever with the other hand.

I don't think you'll ever see a larger iPad. Smaller maybe, but not larger.

Cheebo

Banned
That skeuomorphic shit was straight from Jobs, so there's a chance it will go away now.
Seeing how they are bringing over more skumorphic stuff from iOS into Mountain Lion I am not so sure. Like wordpad in ML now being a yellow notepad with lines like in iOS.

Jobs likely had his hands all over ML so it will still be a ways till we see any real post-Jobs stuff from Apple.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Completely forgot today was WWDC day. Woot!

Darkkn

I'm looking to buy a new laptop and i was looking the apple's offerings and was shocked to see that SSD was not a standard for 2k+ laptop(MB Pro). That was pretty much a instant boner killer on what otherwise looked like a very attractive device. SSD is pretty much a must have for a computer today and there is no excuse for not having it as a standard for 1k+ laptop.

I hope they will update everything to have SSD's as a standard today...

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
They won't. Set your expectations now.
I think I've been setting myself up for disappointment :p

The 13's look like they'll get a modest bump in specs and a new form factor and the 15 will score the most. Shame, I like the 13" MBP's.

Cheebo

Banned
Who is ready for the sexiness that is Phil Schiller?

tech_schiller24__01__630x420.jpg

koene

All I want is brand new iMacs... and a Mountain Lion release date.

Same here. I've been waiting for a new iMac since october. If I knew then what I know now, I would've bought one right away. It's been more than a year since the last upgrade... But now that 9to5 claims there won't be a new iMac announced, I'm getting really nervous. My 8 year old pc is almost dead.

Patience, Apple's elevating it to a new dimension.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Who is ready for the sexiness that is Phil Schiller?

http://images.businessweek.com/cms/2012-06-07/tech_schiller24__01__630x420.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I really hate Phil as a presenter. No pizazz. No charisma.

Hopefully the floor is Forstall's for most of the conference outside the hardware reveals (assuming there are hardware reveals).

Would LOVE for Sir Ives to somehow get on stage. They need to make that happen....for me...

AngryMoth

Same here. I've been waiting for a new iMac since october. If I knew then what I know now, I would've bought one right away. It's been more than a year since the last upgrade... But now that 9to5 claims there won't be a new iMac announced, I'm getting really nervous. My 8 year old pc is almost dead.

Patience, Apple's elevating it to a new dimension.
Wait what?! Its over a year since the last iMacs would be strange for them not to announce new ones while refreshing so many other mac products. I've been getting my parents who are sick to death of their pc to hold off on buying one for weeks because a refresh is due, they better not holdout on me!

On a different note, who else has no faith in them to deliver a decent replacement for google maps? Besides there being zero chance of them having a streetview equivalent I just don't see them waltzing in and pulling it off first try when google has been working on it for years and has a pretty refined product at this point.

Pachimari

Is it realistic to expect anything Apple TV (the box) related? We won't get a new OS as they just updated it late last year but what about apps SDK or something else?

And what do we expect of iOS6?
- New Maps app
- Facebook integration
- VIP Mail
- Do Not Disturb feature
- iCloud Tabs
- Baidu search engine
- Siri for The New iPad
- Organise app from Apple

And then iCloud photo sharing and Video Stream, as well as new App Store, iBooks Store and iTunes store front end.

Tobor

Sorry, Rub, Schiller is the man.

Besides helping software chief Scott Forstall and hardware designer Jonathan Ive define new products, Schiller is the steward of Apple’s relationship with app developers. He has taken over all of Apple’s marketing, including a global advertising budget that hit $933 million last year. And he will increasingly be Apple’s public face, a role that should be evident at the company’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference starting on June 11. There, Schiller is likely to emcee much of the keynote, during which Apple is expected to unveil new Mac laptops and an upgraded operating system.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-06-07/can-phil-schiller-keep-apple-cool#p1

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Wait what?! Its over a year since the last iMacs would be strange for them not to announce new ones while refreshing so many other mac products. I've been getting my parents who are sick to death of their pc to hold off on buying one for weeks because a refresh is dew, they better not holdout on me!

viral marketing at its finest.

dkeane

There's been so many rumors lately I've lost track... but is there a chance we see the new iTunes and redone store apps?

Can't wait for Apple TV stuff. Why are some expecting an overhaul to the UI when it just received one not too long ago? I actually don't mind the UI at all.

Apple tv 2 better not be gimped with any updates.

Pachimari

Can't wait for Apple TV stuff. Why are some expecting an overhaul to the UI when it just received one not too long ago? I actually don't mind the UI at all.

But what do we expect of Apple TV stuff?
I honestly don't think we'll see anything. No hardware, no UI update, no apps SDK - nothing.

Wait what?! Its over a year since the last iMacs would be strange for them not to announce new ones while refreshing so many other mac products. I've been getting my parents who are sick to death of their pc to hold off on buying one for weeks because a refresh is dew, they better not holdout on me!

On a different note, who else has no faith in them to deliver a decent replacement for google maps? Besides there being zero chance of them having a streetview equivalent I just don't see them waltzing in and pulling it off first try when google has been working on it for years and has a pretty refined product at this point.

My guess is the iMac will just get a silent spec boost, while the other Mac offerings will get more noticeable refresh. Or that's my hope. DONT LET ME DOWN, APPLE.

AngryMoth

viral marketing at it's finest.
...I don't follow :S. They were going to get one anyway, I just didn't want them to buy one and then have a better version come out at the same price in a few weeks, especially given the retina rumours. How is that related to viral marketing?

Tobor

LCFiner Old Avatar Quote: SO BORING!

For the head of product development, he's such a yawnfest.

It's always hilarious to me that you think Schiller is boring, and yet think Ive would be a good choice. The guy is dry as a desert.

Schiller is fine, he's got this.

dkeane

...I don't follow :S. They were going to get one anyway, I just didn't want them to buy one and then have a better version come out at the same price in a few weeks, especially given the retina rumours. How is that related to viral marketing?
He was making a joke. About DEW

rezuth

Is it realistic to expect anything Apple TV (the box) related? We won't get a new OS as they just updated it late last year but what about apps SDK or something else?

And what do we expect of iOS6?
- New Maps app
- Facebook integration
- VIP Mail
- Do Not Disturb feature
- iCloud Tabs
- Baidu search engine
- Siri for The New iPad
- Organise app from Apple

And then iCloud photo sharing and Video Stream, as well as new App Store, iBooks Store and iTunes store front end.

I would add

- New silver theme in iOS
- Siri API

falconzss

I'm keeping my expectations low. The rumors got me so excited the last few times and it ended in disappointment. That said, I'm desperately in need of a new notebook...

Phoenix

It would be cool if that happened. I've not followed it's development really so I don't know how close to the finished article it is.

Its about as close as they generally are when they release software. Seen a lot of my defects closed for various reasons so that's pretty much a sign that they are pretty close.

Xater

Completely forgot today was WWDC day. Woot!

I completely forgot about WWDC with E3 and Euro going on!

I want to buy a new notebook this year so I should probably watch this closely. I thought I wanted an Air but the idea of a thinner retina Macbook Pro is also very enticing.

I'm certain the recent UI overhaul was to facilitate new features. The moment I saw it I thought "they're getting ready for apps".

Top Bottom