• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

Ephemeris

I'm in it for the 4 inch screen alone. Not sure that it'll get that much memory, but I'll be selling my white 64GB for $300 just before the launch :lol

Timan

Developer
Could someone do me a huge favor,

If you bought the MBA 2012 model, and are still on Lion. Would it be possible for you to upload the bootcamp drivers (the assistant should let you just download them without having to install winodws). The assistant in ML is not working, and I can't go back to Lion lol.

giga

Zomg they're already up.

sUJUG.png

Flo_Evans

I plan to edit my personal photos on my MBA. Without blowing the bank what is the best way i can calibrate my screen to closely match my printer?

This is a whole can of worms.

Printing is a god damned art, it takes allot of practice to figure out what color space, paper profile, rendering intent and so on...

I used a Spyder screen calibration tool on my iMac, and it made it look like shit... WAY too cool and dark. It seemed to take the ambient room light (very dim and warm) too much in the calibration.

On an air you will be dealing with differing ambient light, I find the best thing to do is set your monitor as neutral as possible, then get real familiar with your printer driver/photoshop print dialog so you know what it is doing.

So set the monitor to look good, then adjust the printer driver to match.

This is a whole can of worms.

Printing is a god damned art, it takes allot of practice to figure out what color space, paper profile, rendering intent and so on...

I used a Spyder screen calibration tool on my iMac, and it made it look like shit... WAY too cool and dark. It seemed to take the ambient room light (very dim and warm) too much in the calibration.

On an air you will be dealing with differing ambient light, I find the best thing to do is set your monitor as neutral as possible, then get real familiar with your printer driver/photoshop print dialog so you know what it is doing.

So set the monitor to look good, then adjust the printer driver to match.

I had good luck with my older 50 buck canon printer and my old as shit dell 22" monitor. The pixma pro 9000 was on sale for 139.99 after rebate over the weekend and i didn't shoot on it. Ah well, it will probably go on sale.

I think as long as I make sure lightroom makes the printing decisions and not the printer I should be okay. Next time that Pixma Pro goes on sale I will buy it.

A couple of things I noticed when watching the OpenGL WWDC video that some might find interesting. Also, sorry if I already posted this in one of the many other threads.

-Part of the Apple's purpose for bringing GLKit to 10.8 is to encourage and make it easier for developers to move to Core Profile OpenGL, AKA OpenGL 3.2+. Clearly, Apple would like to begin depreciating OpenGL 2.1 soon.
-Apple never refers to the version of OpenGL in 10.8 Core Profile as 3.2, but rather 3.X, saying "ex" instead of a specific number, leading me to believe that they might be working on continuously updating Core Profile past the current 3.2.

Watching the What's New in the File System video now. I'll let you know if there's anything interesting... Haha.

Top Bottom