• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you want the MGS remakes to be ps exclusive like Demons souls?

Do you want the MGS remakes to be ps exclusive?

• Yes

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • I-refuse-to-play-your-poll-games-any-longer-option

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kicker

Banned
Prompted by rumours of exclusivity. After the bestselling sales figures of the multiplatform MSGV, one would hope the franchise wouldn't revert to exclusivity just to push a console, but who knows.

Not that anyone of our desires matter to the people working on the remake, but what would you want?

Last edited:

kicker

Banned
Why are you creating a thread for a dumbass question like this? Do better.
I seem to have given you the impression that I'm taking any of this seriously. I'm curious, so I ask

Why am I curious?
Hint: I wouldn't post this thread anywhere else on the internet

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
one would hope the franchise wouldn't revert to exclusivity just to push a console
Why exactly? Making a game exclusive to one system doesn't make game automatically better. I dont get the logic behind it.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
I seem to have given you the impression that I'm taking any of this seriously. I'm curious, so I ask

Why am I curious?
Hint: I wouldn't post this thread anywhere else on the internet

Anybody who has a desire for exclusivity is REEE levels of retarded. This thread is garbage, and I sincerely hope you don't fill NeoGAF with bullshit like this. Don't bother responding as I'm not going to engage further on this.

kicker

Banned
Anybody who has a desire for exclusivity is REEE levels of retarded. This thread is garbage, and I sincerely hope you don't fill NeoGAF with bullshit like this. Don't bother responding as I'm not going to engage further on this.
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Bounce

Not a bother at all

Three

Why would I want limited options? If it was helped being made or funded in some way with marketing or something then I wouldn't mind it but I wouldn't want it to be exclusive just for the sake of it.

I’m not going to vote because I’m torn - exclusives are the worst and need to die, but I also don’t care about Metal Gear Solid because it’s utter shit so they could make it game and watch as far as I care.

Danjin44

I’m not going to vote because I’m torn - exclusives are the worst and need to die, but I also don’t care about Metal Gear Solid because it’s utter shit so they could make it game and watch as far as I care.
There is nothing wrong for each system have their own first party exclusives, I just dont see any reason 3rd party games should be exclusive to one system.

Last edited:

feynoob

Why dont you make every game exclusive to PS then?
I dont know why peole want to make remakes exclusive to 1 platform.

Celcius

°Temp. member
No, why would I want to stop other people from experiencing the game? I’ll take PC if I have a choice.

feynoob

Sir, eat crow. So that you can match how shit your opnion is.
MTG isnt shit.

Sir, eat crow. So that you can match how shit your opnion is.
MTG isnt shit.
I’ll go further. Weird, incomprehensible shit :messenger_beaming: (although slight confusion, if you’re talking about Magic the Gathering I have no opinion on that whatsoever)

Last edited:

radewagon

Exclusives aren't exclusives for our benefit. So, ummmm... I don't care. Don't own enough Sony stock for it to matter to me.

I voted "Yes" because for MGS 2&3, Konami ended up creating additional content as an incentive to sell them when they released later on the XBox, as they knew many people had already played them on PS2.

If it's PS exclusive (length of term not defined), chances improve we'll see more content later as a result.

Last edited:

feynoob

I’ll go further. Weird, incomprehensible shit :messenger_beaming: (although slight confusion, if you’re talking about Magic the Gathering I have no opinion on that whatsoever)
Because your understanding is that of low skeloton. Level up more and maybe you can have the wisdom of solemon to understand that game.

Joramun

Exclusives are typically of much higher quality. Less platforms to develop for. And with the amount of bullshit, glitchy, ugly, unfinished games releasing today, thats a good thing.
I disagree. That's a copout. Instead of holding studios/devs accountable when they release a poor product you're giving them the easy way out which encourages further shitty behaviour.

Fbh

The only reasonable explanation I see as to why someone would want it to be exclusive is because they want Bluepoint to make it.
Which I guess is a fair point.

Other than that no, and I'd rather have Sony make new games than remakes

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Of course the Sony fanboys would want it to be exclusive. They complain about Microsoft buying up exclusives, while they’re totally for Sony doing the same.

Pelao

My answer is that I would like Bluepoint to make them, which I guess implies that they would be exclusive, unless they get ported to PC. But exclusivity would not be the reason, just one of the consequences.

Danjin44

The only reasonable explanation I see as to why someone would want it to be exclusive is because they want Bluepoint to make it.
Which I guess is a fair point.
I dont want even think about what Bluepoint do with MGS's character designs.
ax0qel_eNXdyzMF3Jff9fFFy7lguLnKX4C07aDap1s4.jpg
EmlBHEYXIAATzH-.jpg

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fbh

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
im happy if the actual remake actually exist and plays well, dont care its multiplatform or exclusive.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I wouldn't be bothered if it wasn't exclusive.

Fredrik

Just give me the best result. I have everything. But don’t make it exclusive to Switch where fidelity will go down, I’d rather have it exclusive to PC with Nvidia sponsored path-tracing RT.

kicker

Banned
Why would I want limited options? If it was helped being made or funded in some way with marketing or something then I wouldn't mind it but I wouldn't want it to be exclusive just for the sake of it.
I dont know why peole want to make remakes exclusive to 1 platform.
Of course not. Nobody would want to limit the reach of a game just for a console ... right?

Again, I'm a pc player, my entire time on neogaf has been spent trying to understand console gamers.
Exclusivity is such a strange concept to me (no-one would ever ask pc gamers if they preferred x game to be exclusive to pc because who gives a shit) and such a core part of the console experience. It's fascinating

Fredrik

Again, I'm a pc player, my entire time on neogaf has been spent trying to understand console gamers.
Exclusivity is such a strange concept to me (no-one would ever ask pc gamers if they preferred x game to be exclusive to pc because who gives a shit) and such a core part of the console experience. It's fascinating
If exclusivity for PC would mean proper Ray-Tracing and higher fidelity and multiplat would mean no Ray-Tracing and lower fidelity- would you not prefer exclusivity?

I really just want the best result. I have all platforms for a reason, to never be limited by any plastics. If for some reason being exclusive to PS would result in a better game, by being developed by a studio that knows the hardware inside out, then I see no problem with that.

Only annoyance with PS exclusivity is that we know a PC version might arrive but we don’t know when and it’ll usually arrive late enough that most of us will end up double dipping and first play on console.

Shifty1897

Why would you ever want a third party game to be exclusive? Depriving millions of people and perhaps a new generation of fans from a classic series because they chose the wrong $500 box?

Raonak

Banned
Of course. A MGS remake game with sony levels of polish and budget sounds like a dream come true.

Any other publisher and it'll be some cheap ass cash grab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom