• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Sony release a PSVR2/GT7 Bundle?

Will Sony release a PSVR 2 Bundle?

• No

• Yes

• Yes, but they won't discount PSVR2 as heavily

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've seen a lot of discussion about PSVR2, especially around the price being too high and I can't help but wonder if people honestly think it'll stay at this price and configuration for the rest of the generation.

PSVR launched in October of 2016 for $399 but with a launch bundle available for $500 dollars with a camera and two move controllers. A year later they launched PSVR Bundle with PSVR and GT Sport and a Camera for $399 (no move controllers).

Shortly after the launch of this bundle, they promoted a Black Friday sale dropping the bundle to $299. There was also a Skyrim bundle for $349 that included the move controllers.

By the end of the year, Sony priced the GT Sport bundle as low as $200 dollars.

I assume they'll do a similar bundle here with GT7 and in place of Skyrim, they'll probably continue to push the Call of Mountain bundle and perhaps a Resident Evil Village Bundle.

I think it is fairly clear to assume that based on history, they're looking to get early adopter rates but that the price likely will drop significantly by the end of the year.

I'd expect a PSVR2 bundle with GT7 without sense controllers to run around 350, a PSVR2 with no sense controller or games to run about 300, and PSVR2 with sense controllers and Village or Horizon to run 400.

I think a PSVR2 for 300 dollars for players who already have GT7 is going to be fairly enticing, but if they did a similarly priced GT7 PSVR2 bundle at 250, I think that would reinvigorate Gran Turismo sales as well.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
theyre the market leader, i think there will be a bundle but if it does happen it's not gonna be cheap unless PSVR2 is a major failure

Kuranghi

I don't care as long as its a retail product, I just want PS VR2 to generally be released at retail stores so I can buy it for £480 instead of 6 hundo.

Crayon

There is no chance they release a set without sense controllers.

A GT7 bundle still makes sense. They should have had one. They could have bumped horizon to take point in marketing but I think it not highlighting the sense controllers might prevent that.

Three

I think they will change the bundled game later down the line. That may well be GT7. I don't think they will remove the sense controllers, although that wouldn't be a bad shout to create a market to sell controllers and reduce entry cost.

The issue they have right now is that the controllers aren't sold separately. The reason for that being PSVR isn't a local multiplayer affair so the sales for the controllers would be really small to non-existent and not warrant the cost to manufacture and distribute separately. Selling a GT7 bundle that doesn't include them might help with that and entry price. They want the controller to be widely adopted though for development so I still doubt they remove it.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I'd expect a PSVR2 bundle with GT7 without sense controllers to run around 350, a PSVR2 with no sense controller or games to run about 300, and PSVR2 with sense controllers and Village or Horizon to run 400.

I don’t expect any bundle without Sense controllers.
They could do that last gen since there were tons of PlayStation Move Wands out there from the PS3 days. But that isn’t the same situation with the Sense controllers.

I don’t expect any bundle without Sense controllers.
They could do that last gen since there were tons of PlayStation Move Wands out there from the PS3 days. But that isn’t the same situation with the Sense controllers.

I don't think they did that because people already had move controllers. There are VR games that can be played with special controllers or with a dual sense and to produce a cheaper price and probably get someone to buy the sense controller separately, I think we'll see them still sell without the controllers.

You'll notice that there was no GT Sport bundle without the camera despite that most people with the move controllers would also have the camera. The reason was that you couldn't use the move controller for gt sport just like you cant use the sense controllers for gt7. A bundle with them makes no sense, no pun intended.

I think they will change the bundled game later down the line. That may well be GT7. I don't think they will remove the sense controllers, although that wouldn't be a bad shout to create a market to sell controllers and reduce entry cost.

The issue they have right now is that the controllers aren't sold separately. The reason for that being PSVR isn't a local multiplayer affair so the sales for the controllers would be really small to non-existent and not warrant the cost to manufacture and distribute separately. Selling a GT7 bundle that doesn't include them might help with that and entry price. They want the controller to be widely adopted though for development so I still doubt they remove it.

They'll eventually sell them separately. Think about if you broke your controller... you really think they won't sell them separately?

If someone buys GT7 + PSVR2 but wants to play more games, of course they'll go on to buy the sense controller afterward. It's a no-brainer.

Three

They'll eventually sell them separately. Think about if you broke your controller... you really think they won't sell them separately?

They might eventually sell them separately but if somebody breaks their controller they would just have to contact support who will send a replacement at the cost of a new controller. I don't think replacement sales would be high enough to warrant packaging and distribution of a separate SKU
If someone buys GT7 + PSVR2 but wants to play more games, of course they'll go on to buy the sense controller afterward. It's a no-brainer.

Absolutely but I think it was important to have the controllers included early on to push developer support for it. Last thing you want is for devs to not support your headset device because a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of an install base has the controller.

Last edited:

reksveks

I think selling a psvr sku without controllers causes too many liabilities re software experiences unless you are able to use your hands.

Top Bottom