• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii/PS3/Kinect homebrewer rumor: Durango CPU clocked at 1.6ghz.

KageMaru

Even 4 Jaguar cores should be a lot better than Xenon and Wii-U CPU. I agree with the point the hacker was making, but I also wasn't one of the people trolling the Wii-U CPU speed. =p

If you looked at the last couple E3 conferences, Microsoft have become less involved with the core games experience and more of how to expand onto multimedia and entertainment services.

So you're saying last E3 MS spent more time on smartglass and media features than games?

There are no games next gen.

That's a terrible rumor to start... of course there will be games next gen, you just have to hope that your copy has it's activation code in the box or you'll have to pay $10 dollars to be able to play your new game.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
This is really making me curious as to how powerful the CPU is going to end up being when compared to what is being used in gaming PCs.

your after effects worklflow is going to take twice as long. what a joke of a console.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
This thread

VT766.jpg
Dude...

piteru

Banned
I no nothing of all this tech stuff just wanting to ask something. You are all very displeased with this rumor. If it is true does this mean that ms will not go for such a beast as believed next gen? Asking because I know shit about CPUs gpus fpus kpus ipus

I no nothing of all this tech stuff just wanting to ask something. You are all very displeased with this rumor. If it is true does this mean that ms will not go for such a beast as believed next gen? Asking because I know shit about CPUs gpus fpus kpus ipus

No, it's all huffing and puffing.

I'm starting to think I'll be skipping next gen entirely. How the hell am I expected to pay a premium for these weak consoles? This won't even be a Gamecube --> Wii jump. These consoles ain't gonna have no real games.

Ugh, more like Durang-no, amirite?

Godslay

Banned
I'm starting to think I'll be skipping next gen entirely. How the hell am I expected to pay a premium for these weak consoles? This won't even be a Gamecube --> Wii jump.

Ugh, more like Durang-no, amirite?

More like Durang-you don't know what you're talking about Willis.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The problem with comparing this news/rumor to the Wii U situation is that people have already come to a pretty firm conclusion about Wii U.

Saying GHZ aren't everything is fine, and quite true. In the cast of Wii U, the problem is that some launch games don't run as well as the 360 version. And a lot of people have come out insisting that's just unpossible, as allegedly the CPU and GPU in Wii U should be old and understood. The general assertion is that it should be trivial for anyone to toss a 360 game, no matter the design or engine, onto Wii U and have it cruise without a hiccup... if Wii U is really even on par with a 360. The typical issues with launch games, outsourced porting, and rushed development supposedly don't apply at all.

And so the meme is settling in place that Wii U is, shit, five Wiis taped together and half as powerful as a 7 year old xbox. It really doesn't have much to do with clock speed; that was just a number people could use to troll the shit out of Wii U since they were already laughing at its pathetic capabilities.

While there's some surprise being stated at this supposed Durango clock speed, we haven't seen any actual Durango games or their performance yet. So most people will be far more open to listening to explanations of how CPU architecture affects optimal clock speed, etc, etc. The same doom cloud won't even get near forming.

Mastperf

People aren't being serious. There's still a lot of anger from the newest WiiU spec thread.

No, it's all huffing and puffing.

This. It's currently an unsubstantiated rumor that, even if true, doesn't give us enough information to give us any idea of the capabilities of the durango.

If however, the information is correct AND we get leaks from other sources giving us more information (or combined with previous rumors we've heard over the last year or so) it MIGHT give us a better idea.

That said, when you start chaining rumors together the chances of it being correct drops more and more.

Can't tell if people are serious or not. Durango will be at least 6x 360 like they said in that powerpoint. I just cannot wait; new threads every day on gaf just increase the hype all the way 13.7 billion lightyears away.

Can't tell if people are serious or not. Durango will be at least 6x 360 like they said in that powerpoint. I just cannot wait; new threads every day on gaf just increase the hype all the way 13.7 billion lightyears away.

There are 3 types of posters in this thread currently.

1: People who are just joking/poking fun at the rumor or next gen systems in general.

2: People who look only at the number "1.6 ghz" and know little or nothing about CPUs and take it to mean that the rumor is either BS or the next-box is doomed (to the amusement of people in the #1 group)

3: People who know it's just a rumor and are speculating what it could mean if it's true and whether or not it would even matter since we don't know any other "hard" specs like architecture or core count.

It would likely be impossible, unless they go the PS3 route and include the previous console's hardware within the box.

I think the rumored switch of architectures pretty much put that down as unlikely from the start unless Microsoft plans on buying OnLive.

jackal27

Banned
This thread is just handing out lulz by the shipload.

What does marcan's scouter say about the durango's power level?

Look at the numbers though. 1.8 vs 1.6. That's all that matters.

Next-gen is already lost if this rumor is true. Throw in the towel Micro$oft.

Do you have a big smirk on your face right now, or is this thread really attracting people who judge the book by its cover?

Edit - looks like I got trolled LOL

piteru

Banned
Pardon me for not knowing all this tech this. I was never good at it. The reason I asked for all this is one: if xbox 720 by this rumors means will not be as powerful as it was meant to be, I wonder if this is a strategy for the hard worldwide economical situation.. Of course everything will be reveal soon enough. Do we know if ms will reveal nextbox this e3 or on a previous event?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Aren't all 3 using AMD

Maybe AMD has something up it's sleeve for all 3?

I mean I get WiiU is out and we know what it offers, maybe the other 2 see they should go same route for certain reasons?

Meelow

Banned
Pardon me for not knowing all this tech this. I was never good at it. The reason I asked for all this is one: if xbox 720 by this rumors means will not be as powerful as it was meant to be, I wonder if this is a strategy for the hard worldwide economical situation.. Of course everything will be reveal soon enough. Do we know if ms will reveal nextbox this e3 or on a previous event?

Most likely at GDC 2013.

I don't think you should take this new rumor to mean that Durango is going to be weak. We don't really know what this means in terms of power. That is the truth.

Top Bottom