• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which sports games are mechanically / overall the most fun to play?

bighugeguns

With EA Play added to Gamepass on Xbox, I see a whole bunch of new sports games available to me, I've never really played any sports games before, so I put it to you, gaf, in your extremely credible opinion, what sports game is most satisfying to play? Like, stripping away all the fandom and crap, meat and potatoes what would you say is the best genre to get stuck into?

Thanks!

bighugeguns

As much shit FIFA gets, it is a good game IMO. The major issues are the greedy shit by EA, not the game itself. I had fun playing 20 min matches of FIFA 16 at higher difficulties during breaks.
What's your take on PES 21? I see it's free on Gamepass as well, I watched a quick video and the modding people do on PC is literally insane.

Sleepwalker

FIFA is probably the most "fun" mechanically to play because it has a ton of gameplay elements and mechanics to master. It's easy to pick up but it's actually hard to be "really good" at.

bighugeguns

FIFA is probably the most "fun" mechanically to play because it has a ton of gameplay elements and mechanics to master. It's easy to pick up but it's actually hard to be "really good" at.
I've tried the NHL 20 game but holy balls ice hockey is too fast, yeah so far Fifa is very satisfying to play, it seems very strategic, everyone's playing that ultimate team stuff but I'm not really into soccer pokemon.

Jethalal

Banned
What's your take on PES 21? I see it's free on Gamepass as well, I watched a quick video and the modding people do on PC is literally insane.
I honestly haven't played PES. They don't have licenses to a lot of stuff but I heard their controls and gameplay are more realistic and I like arcade-y games more so FIFA was my choice. If it's free for you, try yourself, make the most out of your subscription. Hope you have fun :)

I'll echo FIFA. It's ridiculously addictive, overdesigned to a point that you feel like a pro even when you're not playing well. It's quite devilish in how good it feels. The issues lie in the actual game design favouring spectacle over skills. But the gameplay feeling is up there with the GOATs in gaming imho like Doom, Super Mario, Tetris or Rocket League.

teezzy

Banned
I've tried the NHL 20 game but holy balls ice hockey is too fast, yeah so far Fifa is very satisfying to play, it seems very strategic, everyone's playing that ultimate team stuff but I'm not really into soccer pokemon.

Git gud, scrub. NHL is top dog with Madden close behind. A two of the all time GOAT franchises once you know what you're doing

And whatever you do, don't listen to Yui's Empire Yui's Empire

They're European. Probably wears a man purse. No wonder they all enjoy soccer

jerry seinfeld GIF

Top Bottom