• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports WRC | Review Thread

Markio128

This is £23 from Amazon on PS5 so I had to buy. Massive DiRT Rally fan.

It's a superb rally game but fuck me the screen tearing is atrocious in some sections. Even the menus suffer from it. I'm on the latest patch.
Agreed. It’s a really enjoyable racing game when the screen tear isn’t having a hissy fit. It does need at least one more solid patch to iron out the wrinkles, then it could be one of the best rally games ever.

CamHostage

VR update this month

...But not for PlayStation VR.

Crazy that this and other EA Sports racers have been skipping on PSVR2. That system needs name-brand titles, and GT7's VR mode has been one of the great selling points of the device. For whatever reason though (mostly technical, I would assume, but it's unclear what hurdles really stand in the way and how compromised the experience would really be, or if there was anything Sony could do to help pave the road,) F1 and WRC have been PC-only on the VR support.

Last edited:

Klik

Crazy that this and other EA Sports racers have been skipping on PSVR2. That system needs name-brand titles, and GT7's VR mode has been one of the great selling points of the device. For whatever reason though (mostly technical, I would assume, but it's unclear what hurdles really stand in the way and how compromised the experience would really be, or if there was anything Sony could do to help pave the road,) F1 and WRC have been PC-only on the VR support.
Im sure it will eventually come to PSVR 2.

Dirt Rally 2 had PSVR 1 support too,and hardware was weak compared to PS5/PSVR 2

Calverz

Probably holding out on Sony money to fund it. This is the problem with Sony funding capcom for resident evil psvr modes. Now ea want a slice of that money. No payment, no support.

CamHostage

Im sure it will eventually come to PSVR 2.

But what makes you think that?

EA has made no indication that PSVR2 is being actively considered for its VR releases. For F1, they've already gone through the cycle of one game have have announced a second game since PSVR2 has been out. (F1 24 will be out in May and once again does not list support for PSVR2 even though PC will be supported at launch.) WRC is getting an after-launch VR patch but it won't include PSVR2. NFS Unbound never got a PSVR2 patch. So far, EA is just not onboard. I'd like to share your optimism that it's just a matter of time, but if it was just a matter of time, a full year of time and two major racing product development cycles seems like it would have been been enough to make it happen.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Probably holding out on Sony money to fund it. This is the problem with Sony funding capcom for resident evil psvr modes. Now ea want a slice of that money. No payment, no support.

Maybe? Funding the RE modes makes some sense. (BTW, we only know about this from leaks, nothing's actually clear as far as what Sony doesn't back in publisher support.) The REs were launch-period projects for the VR hardware and weren't completely conducive to VR without a retrofit and so were paid for in exclusivity and promotional value as well as the additional manpower needed for technical solutions. The VR modes in EA racing games is a different proposition; the VR feature is already non-exclusive (well, it is exclusive, in that it's not including Sony and there are no Meta ports,) and the racing games don't have the wide reach and compelling VR draw of a name-brand horror adventure blockbuster. Plus, EA isn't naive about how sometimes there's a deal to be made for product marketing opportunities while other times there's not.

If EA is holding out for a payout from Sony, the way things are going in the market, they're probably going to be waiting a long, long time...

Last edited:
Top Bottom