• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which genre do you think "CONSISTENTLY" has the best music quality output in the industry?

Which Genre has had the best music output over time in the gaming insutry?

• Total voters

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I think Action Games got a huge boost this gen. Nier Automata alone just blew my mind on what music could be in an action game.

As for the classics that are burned in my memory...

F-Zero: Big Blue

Ken's Stage Street Fighter II:

Ninja Gaiden NES OST

Final Fantasy 8: OST (Intro song)

Halo: Duh...still gives me chills

and way more...but I still feel Nier Automata has the best music I've ever heard in any game.

kevm3

RPGs easily. Octopath is one of the best osts I've heard of all time. After that, it's a toss up between fighters and platformers.

Isa

I'd say RPG's easily, due to consistency and standouts. But I think its a disservice to ignore the contributions of other genres such as platformers, schmups and other action titles. I am glad that there are talented composers still bringing the OST love though. One of my favorite things about gaming are the many elements that come together to present the finished product, be it visual art and sound design, quality writing and v.o., planning and engineering the whole experience, and the often forgotten programmers and coders who work that magic.

With Rapper Delvisor Kolons 55th birthday, I though this would be a cool thread to bring back. He did many raps for the video games like Dunk Dream:

He also did many racing games, hence why I will still put racing games. He was the guy sampled for Ridge Racer 1's soundtrack for one of the songs.

OrionNebula

Horror should be in there

From Silent Hill to Last of Us to Resident Evil to Metro to Amnesia to Soma to Bioshock to... just give Horror some love, m’kay?

Top Bottom