• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which games in the 2021 NeoGAF GOTY Top 5 have you played?

Which games have you played?

• Total voters

Fare thee well

Neophyte
I am interested in Metroid, but haven't gotten there yet. Halo might be solid, but I'm an old gamer and felt burnt out after Halo 1-3. Forza is the only one I've played because I can't remember the last time I had a car game that didn't take itself so seriously and you could play with friends. Maybe it felt refreshing because I had never played a Forza game.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

and

Ratchet And Clank Handshake GIF by PlayStation

TheSweeper

Tried Halo and Forza thanks to Gamepass, both good games, just not my genre.

I want to try Ratchet but not for that price. I'll gladly wait until it drops to below 25 € for the digital version.

Don't care for the other two.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Played them all. Only beat the two Sony games. I spent the Whole year shitting on Sony and yet theirs are the only games i like enough to beat. I’m such a poser.

I will definitely go back to dread and halo infinite though. Coop halo is the only time i actually enjoy halo so will wait for that and i just need to get into the mindset of playing a 2d game again for dread. I liked what i played but didn’t hook me right way.

Robb

Gold Member
Metroid and Halo. I’ve ‘played’ Forza as well but just for 2-4h or something. Not my type of game.

Would have liked to see Psychonauts 2 in the top 5. That was my GOTY.

Fredrik

Infinite is must play.

Same for Returnal if you can manage roguelike mechanics.
Returnal is the only one I haven’t played, I love the core action shmup genre but the roguelike mechanics is what’s holding me back. I’ll definitely play it eventually though when the price goes down.

95mellow

I've played Metroid Dread and Infinite. Neither grabbed me, sadly.

I'd probably like Returnal and Ratchet, but I'm not prepared to line a scalper's pockets for the privilege.

RPS37

Dabbled in Infinite and Dread. Both seem real good, will get around to finishing them at some point.
Just got to the Hall of Fame in Forza. Play it all the time just to hop in a couple races.
Just finished Rift Apart the other day. Best graphics ever probably.
Don’t know if I will ever try Returnal.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dread, which I loved, and Halo, which didn't grabbed me.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Played the top 7. Biggest surprise to me was how low down It Takes Two is considering how much everyone bangs on about that game. I played like 4 hours with my partner and it's good, I just do not understand the hype at all.

Can't argue with Infinite, multiplayer was some of the best fun I had all year.

Haggard

Banned
Halo Infinite - great gameplay, amateurish open world and level building.
Returnal - It had no Save function back then. Played through it once and then lost interest.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Really fun little game. Ultimately rather forgettable though.

I spent more time on NiOh2 than on these 3 combined.
Tastes differ I guess.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Why?? You are missing out on great games because?

Because gaming isn't the only thing in my life. Also I don't feel like missing anything because I could buy those on my PC if I wanted to. Switch games? Not my type of games.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Dread was awesome, fantastic game with some small issues.

Ratchet I was impressed by at points but overall was a bit of a disappointment, even if graphics, shooting mechanics and more were the best in the series so far.

Forza Horizon 5 was a big disappointment, thats just not a fun game to play for me, the progression and way the difficulty works, its either too hard or too easy I found, no sweet spot. Too many bloody menus. Might've stuck with it if I could've unlocked free fast travel more easily. The graphics are great, especially the environments, big caveat to that was that it had (has?) technical issues on PC that meant I couldn't see the landscape in the quality it was shown in trailers or on console. Maybe they fixed that now but I don't care anymore, I've moved on to another racing games.

Only thing stopping me with Returnal is price (Not £10 price hike moaning, I don't care about that, I mean a deep sale, £25 quid) since I don't usually like Roguelites, or even Soulslikes so might bounce off it and waste my money even if the combat, graphics, sound and world are amazing.

Halo Infinite I want to play quite a lot, but waiting for technical issues to be fixed on PC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Played them all except Returnal. I don't really have hours to spend on a single "run".

Kuranghi

Played them all except Returnal. I don't really have hours to spend on a single "run".

They patched it, you can stop whenever you want now, it creates a save when you want to stop and then destroys it when you load it up. So afaik you can play it in as many number of small bursts as you need now.

marcincz

Beat Ratchet and Halo. Both are very decent games.
Played a little in Forza.
Returnal is not my cup of tea.
Metroid maybe someday.

Fredrik

They patched it, you can stop whenever you want now, it creates a save when you want to stop and then destroys it when you load it up. So afaik you can play it in as many number of small bursts as you need now.
You still only have one run and no second tries. If I would mess up near the end I would either cry like a baby or smash my PS5, not sure what it’ll be, it wouldn’t go away with a shrug anyhow that’s for sure.
I’ve played lots of games where you start over when you die in the 80s but they were like 1 hour long.

Fredrik

Is my analysis from the GOTY result thread holding up?

There was a userbase advantage shift last year. Previously Sony has always had more players, but last year Microsoft had their 1st party games on XB1, XSX, PC while Sony’s were only on PS5, creating a userbase advantage for the MS titles.

More people playing = more votes = more wins?

It kinda looks like that. So it’s time for Sony to ramp up the PC porting!

Top Bottom