• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's the GTA:LCS love?

koam

The game is coming out in a few days and I barely see anything about the game on GAF. I'm a big fan of the 3D incarnations so I really want to try this out, especailly since its based in Liberty City.

Looks on par with the PS2 version of GTA3
grand-theft-auto-liberty-city-stories-20050930074828421-000.jpg

grand-theft-auto-liberty-city-stories-20050930074828030-000.jpg

The love is on PSP, which is like owned by 1/18 of the board here. Add to the fact that there aren't many GTA fans on this board, and you've got your answer.

koam

Wario64 said:
cause gaf says PSP is dead.

Sony Automated Defense System, calling all defense units to thread #68128!

That's nice..
So anyone getting this?

:p

P.S I don't have a PSP. I'm waiting to reach 5 must-haves and 1 price drop (i.e no "value" or "giga" pack). I will get this game If I get a PSP.

Razoric

Banned
I have a feeling the hype will come when the reviews come out and it's released. Right now rabid fanboys on both sides of the isle are waiting with baited breath. :O

Wollan

I guess it's a compulsorary thing, everyone with a PSP here will pick it up so it's not needed to hype each other up.

PS! Save the ferrys...save the furries?

Sapiens

The press has been positive. The game looks great. Problem (for me).

Why buy this when I can own similar/superior versions on PS2 for half the price?

When the game exists and is far more accessible as a superior version on a cheaper console, you just might not have the killer app everyone thinks its going to be.

Personally, I cant justify buying a PSP for this game, but you know, Its going to sell like crazy. What else is there for all of those PSP gamers to play?

Mrbob

I plan on getting it next week.

I think the hype will start tonight when I believe a review will be going up at IGN. My guess though. IGN has been quiet ever since they said they were already working on a video review of LCS a couple days ago.

Wollan

Sapienshomo said:
When the game exists and is far more accessible as a superior version on a cheaper console, you just might not have the killer app everyone thinks its going to be.

That's like saying, I won't be watching the Godfather II since the original is 'better'.
Not that im comparing GTA with the Godfather but the story and acting/music is imo 2/3 of the experience for me personaly.

Some details on the soundtrack

"This "PSP" edition will feature 10 radio stations, including the return of the hip-hop Playback FM, featuring '90s stalwarts such as Mobb Deep and N.O.R.E. spun by New York's DJ Clue. Also on the dial are the franchise-familiar reggae-fest KJAH, stations for world music, classical and drum and bass, along with one devoted to the works of Giorgio Moroder, an influential electronic-music producer who also composed the soundtrack to 1984's "Flashdance." Two stations feature music entirely composed by Rockstar North, the developer of the console "GTA" titles. Another frequency is all talk, which will likely be the game's funniest.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1512001/20051021/index.jhtml?headlines=true

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I'm anticipating it. Love GTA. But honestly, I'm waiting for reviews. And then perhaps impressions because I don't really trust PSP reviews. If it's not good I'm probably selling off my PSP. It's a weighty game in that sense to me.

pending reviews and firmware version ill pick it up. if i can use the version changer and still have it work ill get it. looks like a fun game though

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Wollan said:
everyone with a PSP here will pick it up so it's not needed to hype each other up.
I won't, though I have never really enjoyed GTA3+.

truffleshuffle83 said:
pending reviews and firmware version ill pick it up. if i can use the version changer and still have it work ill get it. looks like a fun game though
IGN said in their newest hands-on that it required 2.0. I imagine it's gone gold already so they probably can't require 2.5(1) at this point.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
game deson't ship for 4 more days (stores in at least 5). likely won't see anything til monday at the earliest.

Mrbob

Maybe the review won't be up till Monday. Someone on another board checked to see when reviews came up versus when the GTA games were released.

IGN
Game Reviewed Released
GTA III: 10/22/01 10/23/01
GTA VC: 10/28/01 10/29/01
GTA SA: 10/25/01 10/25/01

Gamespot
Game Reviewed Released
GTA III: 10/24/01 10/23/01
GTA VC: 10/28/01 10/29/01
GTA SA: 10/25/01 10/25/01

1up:
Game Reviewed Released
GTA III: n/a 10/23/01
GTA VC: n/a 10/29/01
GTA SA: 10/31/01 10/25/01

FnordChan

"...along with one devoted to the works of Giorgio Moroder, an influential electronic-music producer who also composed the soundtrack to 1984's "Flashdance."

Oh, hell yes. Half the joy of the PS2 GTA games has been driving around listening to pop music, and the disco lover in me is completely stoked at the idea of tuning to the Moroder station and leaving it on for the entire game. Okay, so I don't actually have a PSP yet, but this may well drive me over the edge.

FnordChan, cranking up the Patrick Cowley mix of "I Feel Love" as we speak

Sapiens

Wollan said:
That's like saying, I won't be watching the Godfather II since the original is 'better'.
Not that im comparing GTA with the Godfather but the story and acting/music is imo 2/3 of the experience for me personaly.

Well, considering that you're comparing videogames to movies now...(you did!)

Playing, for instance, Gta 3 and Gta Vc are, at their core, very similar games. I derrive the same pleasure from both. Sure, its got a different story and more cars, but the base game is the same; which is awesome pure fun. So Imagine that the awesome core GTA3 gameplay will be in the PSP version. And I can get the same thing on PS2. There is really no need for me to rush out and grab this (even though it will be awesome). I do not play GTA for anything more than the gameplay. The stories...I couldnt care less about.

Godfather 1 and 2 are just completely different movies. One is not better than the other and they both deserve your time.

I'm excited for this game. It's portable GTA! But, I'm still waiting to see if the reviews are good before I purchase. If the reviews are as good as most people seem to think they will be, I'll pick it up next week. If they are good, but not great, I'll hold off for a bit, and if they are bad, well, i'll pass.

evil ways

Can't wait to get it, and I've already set aside a bunch of songs for my memry stick in case the custom soundtrack rumor turns out to be true.

I loved GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas.. I thought they all played with the soundtrack, themes, missions, vehicles and other variables enough to be worth a purchase.. but we're getting into that part of the year where my money becomes stretched.

I'm waiting on some guy I know in work to maybe get it, and tell me (sincerely) what he thinks of it. He has similar tastes, and wouldnt let me go out and spend money I don't have if it really wasnt good. He'd let me play it myself of course too.

I'd be pumped except I'm sad that I won't get to play it for a long time, if ever. I don't have a PSP and this one game isn't enough to make me get one, although it's tempting.

Top Bottom