• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Hype Check - Where's the hype?

Complistic

I'll do what I did for Valhalla, buy a month of whatever Ubisoft calls their subscription service and play it for a bit. Then forget about it.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

It's Far Cry with an Avatar skin........craft shit out of plants and flowers and clear out enemy outposts.........been there,done that,many times........what the fuck is there to be hyped about.

And some Horizon in the mix. It does look like something that has been released countless times.

CamHostage

Yt compression doesn't help any time it's a game set in a jungle, but this looks gorgeous and like ass at the same time lmao.

Yeah, they have some great assets for all the jungle flora and an amazing density system, but then their LOD system pops in constantly (and there even seems to be a bit of a glint effect where it tries to hide the pop-in with a cover-up effect, but then the cover-up effect draws your eye to the change.) I think it's going to look great overall and I have faith in Massive doing some interesting things with gameplay (already like the traversal mechanics,) but because it's supposed to be a "true next-gen" showcase not for past-gen and promised years ago to be ground-up harnessing new console power, there's sure to be a stream of complaints about how the tech didn't deliver perfection against expectations.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Look me in the eye and tell me this isn't the most mid gameplay you've seen in ages. Like, aggressively 6/10.
This was super obvious to me they first announced Ubisoft is making Avatar game......and people tell me dont judge games by team making it.

Reactions: Fbh

Skifi28

There's no hype, it looks like a Far cry reskin. I've played enough Far Cry these past few years, I'm good.

Liamario

Banned
It's a far cry skin which has been a far cry 3 skin for years. Ubisoft formulaic gameplay. See also assassin's creed.

The game is clearly made on top of Far Cry. It would be a miracle if this scored high.
If you mean game design wise. Then maybe. Probably.

But technically no, because it is a completely different engine. They started from scratch, since it is the first FPS made in that engine.

Last edited:

Quezacolt

Never cared too much about Avatar, and im tired of Far Cry, wich this is. It's a reskin of Far Cry with blue aliens.

Why should i be hyped about it?

Top Bottom