• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite main menu and/or start screen?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yoko Shimomura is the most talented game composer since decades. She's unbelievable.
giphy.gif

VAVA Mk2

I’ve always enjoyed the Metroid Prime Trilogy one where everything is a view from within Samus arm-cannon:

And when you select the game in the trilogy you want to play it zooms out from the canon as she shoots:

Very cool concept overall.

These kinda remind me of eye catches from anime.

MiguelItUp

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this one! The atmosphere and the ambient sound is so spot on here. The devs really put their the heart into creating this game!
Very welcome! Right?! The vibe and aesthetic is SO perfect for the IP IMO. I'm a huge Alien fan, and the first time I fired this up was probably the first time I sat and watched a title screen for awhile before hopping in.

Another special one that really sets the tone well is Outer Wilds. Booting this game at night on an oled tv is quite the experience due to the infinite contrast between the pitch black sky and those tiny (but large in number) bright stars. Oh and the music in also dope!

Reactions: Fbh
Judgement has a great title/main menu screen.

Very stylish main menu and dope accompanying music as well! RGG did very good work here. That said, I really need to pick it back up as I really enjoyed my time with it, but for some reason or another got sidetracked into the sidequests a bit too much then moved on to something else..

Last edited:
Very stylish main menu and dope accompanying music as well! RGG did very good work here. That said, I really need to pick it back up as I really enjoyed my time with it, but for some reason or another got sidetracked into the sidequests a bit too much then moved on to something else..
Same! I got about 55-60% into the game and got distracted by other stuff. Need to finish Judgement 1; the Kaito Files in Lost Judgement is supposed to be peak Judgement.

I'll start with highlighting the main menu from an indie game I've really enjoyed on both PC and Switch last year called Signalis.

I love how this big eyeball of our main protag follows every move you do with your mouse cursor lol.

What's yours? Please post either a screenshot or preferably a video or gif with the main menu and/or start screen you find most appealing.

Man, signalis is such a masterpiece.

Sitheral

Neo Member
Love Deus Ex, Perfect Dark and tons more, really, but these really rolled of my tongue, I guess amazing music is half of success. Or silence, love how minimalistic FF7 is, like its keeping all that bombastic energy locked up just for a little while, just few more seconds...

Basically, menus are for two things to me. Either for moving as swiftly and gracefully as possibile to the game, or to stare ar them in awe, preferably both.

I might appreciate some creative ones that want me to do a little bit more to reach where I want, like Psychonauts, but I wouldnt consider them the greatest. These days menus all to often feel sluggish and unimpressive.

Last edited:
Bumping this one a bit since this old KH3 video with the main menu theme came in my YouTube feed just now. I'm not really a big Kingdom Hearts fan, but I'll have to admit that it hit me pretty hard the first time I boot the game up on my console back in 2019 and heard this rendition of Dearly Beloved. Fucking Square Enix... đź’”

Last edited:
Top Bottom