• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite main menu and/or start screen?

I'll start with highlighting the main menu from an indie game I've really enjoyed on both PC and Switch last year called Signalis.

I love how this big eyeball of our main protag follows every move you do with your mouse cursor lol.

What's yours? Please post either a screenshot or preferably a video or gif with the main menu and/or start screen you find most appealing.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
collage-maker-18-aug-2023-03-42-pm-5937.jpg

Got Dead Island 2 on PS5 just this week, booted it up and was really shook (in a good way) by the awesome opening cinematic that led straight into the main menu. It set the tone perfectly for the game.

The folks at Dambuster Studios really did an amazing job here!

Last edited:

nowhat

I always thought what Detroit: Become Human did with its main menu was very cool and clever.

Oh yeah, that was brilliant. Just gonna spoiler tag this in case, but I had a wonderful interaction with her first time playing the game:

At the very beginning of the game, there's a scene where Todd takes Alice upstairs and tells Kara not to follow. Obviously, the game wants you to follow, but I was waiting for a "press X to Alice" prompt, which never came, resulting in Todd killing both Alice and Kara. I pretty soon realized I had fucked up, so returned to the main menu. And the menu character was really letting me have it, like "how could you!". I restarted the game, but thought that was a very nice touch.

Top Bottom