• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's next for Turn 10 Studios

What is next for them? The previous studio head Alan Hartman was promoted to head of Xbox Game Studios, so I wonder if he would be able to lay the hammer down on the studio that got him that job.

That being said, I think it is undeniable that Forza Motorsport is one of the biggest bombs of the year.

There were 6 years in between the releases of Forza Motorsport and Forza Motorsport 7. That's quite a bit of development time for the game not to be successful. There's historically been about a 2-year window between Forza releases, so maybe we can expect Forza Motorsport 2 to release in 2025?

The game was fairly well received critically and among gamers, so maybe it was just released at the wrong time. This year was an extremely heavy release year and racing games were really no exception.

Gran Turismo 7 VR, Crew Motorfest, F1 23, EA Sports WRC, Ride 5 (some of these heavily discounted)... most of these were released before or at the same time as Forza Motorsport.

TrebleShot

Its fucking rubbish, so boring, played like 3 or 4 races and had no desire to return.
Has no charm what so ever, essentially flight sim but racing.

I think they need a reshuffle and get some creativity in the franchise, maybe ditch motorsport altogether and make a new series or something or let the Horizon people have a pop.

There wont be a sequel I believe the plan is for this to be a live service game updating over time.

Last edited:

Zuzu

Yeah I dunno. I think the new Forza Motorsport's driving mechanics are fantastic but after probably a dozen or so hours of playing I haven't gone back to it. There's just something that isn't pulling me back in. It might be that the single player campaign isn't very compelling to me. Multiplayer is good but I always had to wait like 10-15 minutes when I joined a lobby for the race to start. I just want to race instantly, not have to do practice and qualifying laps so I got a bit bored of multiplayer.

I don't know what Turn should do. They seem to have lost something that they once had. Maybe they need an entirely new project to get some creative inspiration back. They haven't made anything else except Forza since OG Xbox right? Maybe they need to do something new.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
What they're doing now should be considered the bare minimum. One track per month + new cars + new campaign events.

I like that they unlocked higher RT preset on PC but we need that sweet, sweet RTGI like yesterday.

In general, game needs more car love. Features like scapes from GT7 or Forza Vista with voice-over like in previous Motorsport games. Campaign should be revamped akin to that from Motorsport 4. Inclusion of dirt / rally races would be fantastic.

They advertised it as a platform but I doubt they will support it beyond the bare minimum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom