• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What type of PC build is your favorite?

What types of PC are your favorites? (Select 3!)

• Total voters

rnlval

My PC exists to be a box of components that outputs an image to my chosen display. The fuck do I need to have lights inside it for? Or a window, for that matter?

My current case is a Fractal R4, but if my next one can comfortably be smaller without compromising on options (storage upgrades, etc) then I'll happily swap it for something closer to ITX.

My Fractal Define R4/R5/R6 cases have tempered glass, but the newer CPUs and GPUs recommend high airflow cases. My Fractal Define R4's IO panel has burnt out.

YukiOnna

0d3a20f3799a26f65ac5ba1de2b8979d.jpg
Need the ones with the PVC Figure sitting inside!

TBH I never look at my PC at all unless something is wrong with it, so I don't particularly care what it looks like. Been reusing the same case for over 10 years and the only "bling" I've got in there is a single LED strip since it's a fairly dark spot under my desk and I don't feel like getting out my flashlight every time I need to take a peek inside.

Rubicaant

I wish there was a PC that looked as good as this. There was a pretty close copy of it being crowdfunded for a few years but it seems to have collapsed. Also it would have been made of separate panels rather than the one-piece lift-off shell of the real thing. I bet even an empty Mac Pro case would run into the thousands.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dune-pro-pc-case#/

0LqFc3z.png
Apple Cheese grater, only $120 a month for 24 months!

DanEON

I hate RGB or any light on PC/PS5. I game in a total dark room with an Oled. So with no light in the room, I get better HDR details from the TV.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
i'm building a new PC now and all the highest rated cases are fuckin EDM dance festivals in a glass case.

2018-05-24-product-4.jpg

this is the case i've been using for like 10 years and it's fantastic but will not fit a 4090 and a AIO cooler

GymWolf

I wish there was a PC that looked as good as this. There was a pretty close copy of it being crowdfunded for a few years but it seems to have collapsed. Also it would have been made of separate panels rather than the one-piece lift-off shell of the real thing. I bet even an empty Mac Pro case would run into the thousands.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dune-pro-pc-case#/

0LqFc3z.png
It looks like a fucking cheese grater:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

71BNGICmfEL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
i'm building a new PC now and all the highest rated cases are fuckin EDM dance festivals in a glass case.

2018-05-24-product-4.jpg

this is the case i've been using for like 10 years and it's fantastic but will not fit a 4090 and a AIO cooler
There are still some great gaming cases out there that have non-RGB options. Some even come with a metal/mesh side panel if you really hate the idea of seeing your PC’s insides.

E.g. Fractal North or Meshify 2, Lian Li Lancool 3, Be Quiet Silent Base & Dark Base series

Last edited:

Zug

ITX for the win ! Bought an Ncase m1 in 2015, and never looked back since, simple and sleek aluminium design that blends everywhere, great features and cooling for the size.
4080/4090s can't fit without heavy tuning (also limited by SFX PSU), but some 4070ti models (MSI ventus at least) do fit apparently.
iu

Sadly it is discontinued, the next version might be interesting though : https://ncases.com/products/m1evo-ic

Top Bottom