• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if GTA 6 had psvr2 option

MarkMe2525

That would be awesome. Even more so if it wasn't exclusive to a Sony platform

Edit: i really don't see what is constraversial about this statement. What is wrong with the game being on PC and PSVR2? Isn't it better to have a VR version that isn't set in stone like it would be on console? Mods and potentially much better performance and graphics can only be had on the PC platform. This doesn't take anything away from a potential PSVR2 version, if indeed a VR version ever came to be.

Last edited:
As a Quest 3 owner I would be extremely pissed off if a VR mode was exclusive to PSVR2. I've sold my PSVR2. Quest 3 is such a better VR device.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Orgasm Nut GIF by Giffffr

In the red light district

Crayon

That would be really awesome but two problems - 1) Sony and Meta seem to fight over vr exclusives, weakening the vr market like like morons. 2) Rockstar imo would be more motivated to leave this to modders.

Codes 208

Its rockstar, they’re more likely to pull a bethesda by making the vr version a separate game and charge full price for it.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Not the same thing, but GTA 5 got a FPS mode after a while. Maybe that was planned since day one for GTA 6 and a VR version could be a lot easier to do than before. Who knows?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am already tired of 10 new gta6 "how good it will be" "wow it will get so much views!" and so on...
Really? for gta6? was gta5 really this good? It's ultra casual game. how are people not sick of it... I don't get where the hype is coming from. Especially without us seeing the game

Bond007

I am already tired of 10 new gta6 "how good it will be" "wow it will get so much views!" and so on...
Really? for gta6? was gta5 really this good? It's ultra casual game. how are people not sick of it... I don't get where the hype is coming from. Especially without us seeing the game

Because they are great games catering to many. It can be casual it can be hardcore.
If you dont like GTA you are in the minority, and thats ok too. If you dont underdstand the hype i dont know what to tell ya...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Because they are great games catering to many. It can be casual it can be hardcore.
If you dont like GTA you are in the minority, and thats ok too. If you dont underdstand the hype i dont know what to tell ya...
I don't like 5 too much. It's ok to roam around for 15 minutes but story and characters are terrible and disjointed compared to amazing gta4.
Gta 4 tried to push this medium forward. Serious story, good cheeky "SATIRE" not whatever 5 is doing. And incredible physcics and graphics for the time. Physics are still good

XXL

I obviously would love GTAVI, but honestly I'll take GTAV for PSVR2 and be super happy about it. I actually REALLY want RDR2 for PSVR2. There was a mod for PC that Rockstar took down and it is without a doubt the definitive way to expierence that game. No Hud, no anything. Bliss.

GHG

I'm aware, I know how Rockstar rolls. I just wish that wasn't the case. I could be mistaken, but isn't much of the work on a PC port already done by consequence of using MS development platform?

Yeh, if PC gamers were content with accepting some shitty unoptimised version that ends up being stuck in the Microsoft Store wrapper, which we aren't.

Robb

Gold Member
I wouldn’t buy it but it’d be cool to see. PSVR2 seems kind of dead though.

Last edited:

mrcroket

You know that VR involves rendering the game twice, and on top of that it has to run at a minimum of 60 fps super stable (ideally 90 or 120) and also at least 4k native, right?

Top Bottom